Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa again

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
And his work rate can't be faulted but for me he shouldn't be chasing the ball in our half, he should be saving his energy for when it matters.

Yep, work hard in the right areas and keep the shape for when we then spring out and attack. It's what Hoskins did well, stayed right up front and wait for the ball to come his way without going chasing for it. Work rate is fantastic, but in the right areas of the game and not to the detriment of the team.

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012
Im glad he has got a week to rest up and get sharp for boro, with their defense at the moment i am certain that he can punish them. He is learning every week about the game and has certainly demonstrated himself as more than capable of playing at this level and making a real impact. I think it certainly is interesting he is rarely flagged offside and is therefore not slowing down the game and giving away possession, i think he also plays a bit deeper because he is capable of holding up the ball, going past people and playing a good pass/cross. I find it hard to think of something that he is lacking..

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Anyone notice how few offsides there were from both teams yesterday?

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
World class footballer playing in the championship!

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Been immense at the back his whole Albion career but yes now you mention it he's hardly ever offside....... onlike Murray. Don't remember seeing him collapse on his arse at the slightest contact (or non-contact) either which was a 5 times a match thing with Murray. Granted Glennis used to get a free-kick for at least 1 in 5 of the 'collapses' but if Ulloa can stay on his feet and put 1 in 5 in the net instead I'd much rather have that!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
The problem of his lone frontman role is quadrupled when Buckley goes off. A wing-hugger like KLL doesn't have the nous to make those darting runs, sometimes swapping wings to lose a marker, to effectively be our second striker. You can see about 4 or 5 times a game when Buckley is on a break, with space between the backline and goal, and no one plays the ball over the top, him coming to a halt and looking back to wonder why nothing came to him.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Spanish Len seems to play just behind the defender rather than on his shoulder so the lino cannot judge him to be offside. With his height its like having another centre back when it comes to defending corners or free kicks.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nope Ulloa definitely did a really bad theatrical dive just before KLL scored.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here