Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa - a conundrum

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
But the problems that are attributed to Ulloa are in fact the problems of the midfield.

Without Orlandi and to a lesser extent Stephens there's nobody providing Ulloa with anything to work with.
Buckley needs to hug the line more.
Lingard is the luxury.

Cms provided Ulloa with the best bit of quality yesterday. With that one brilliant cross Cms might just have paid off his transfer fee and his wages for the past year. That could turn out to be the 100 million pound cross. And the best thing about Cms is his attitude, something both Orlandi and Buckley could learn from. With that one moment yesterday I think Cms has earn't a starting position, whether he is fit enough to play 90mins is another story.

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
Cms provided Ulloa with the best bit of quality yesterday. With that one brilliant cross Cms might just have paid off his transfer fee and his wages for the past year. That could turn out to be the 100 million pound cross. And the best thing about Cms is his attitude, something both Orlandi and Buckley could learn from. With that one moment yesterday I think Cms has earn't a starting position, whether he is fit enough to play 90mins is another story.

I don't think there are many here that would begrudge CMS his moment although I think starting him is a gamble, I have a feeling though that he will play a big part in the play offs. :thumbsup:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Not sure I understand this. He's by far our most potent goal threat, so he'll never be taken off if fit. So what if he's having a poor game? He's in the right place and finishes more often than not. That's what quality strikers do. I don't see how it's a conundrum!
What, would you have CMS upfront by himself? Or Lingard? Bizarre.

Same XI will start on Thursday, unless Stephens and Bruno are fit or anyone is not.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Ulloa did deserve to come off and yet his header got us there, but in the cold light of day that shouldn't detract from what was an abominable performance, especially first half, his lack of apparent shooting ability and falling over and lack of urgency in the box when chances were there, it was atrocious and buckers wasn't much better. If we are to progress, him and the team as a whole will need to play a lot better and show much more application and urgency than they did on Saturday.

As for someone saying they hope he doesn't play Ince, I think, despite one indifferent performance at the Amex fairly recently, he has been excellent for us all season and if we need someone to give the team some strength in the middle of the park, especially in the away leg if we go into it with a win on Thursday, then I`d rather see him there than some of the lightweight alternatives we have. The airy fairy manner of our tackling and challenging etc on Saturday was embarrassing at times, something you can hardly accuse Ince of.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here