Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] ULEZ Booooooooooo

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
What will happen once the number of non-compliant cars reduce and revenue falls. No doubt they will change the criteria to keep the pennies coming in
One day we will be forced to pay a daily oxygen charge. They will brand it as life tax or some other bollocks.

ady1973

Jul 27, 2008
New Milton
It wouldn't be too bad if the public transport infructure was in place and at a reasonable price outside of London to be able to get into London, but it is just not there especailly around Heathrow Area. For instance I start work at 8am and cannot get to work for an 8am start (train from New Forest to Waterloo then tube to Hatton Cross, then bus to T5, then another bus to Cargo)

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Many diesel commercial vehicles are aged before 2015. Thousands of commercial vehicles run in and out of this area every day doing business. The daily charge will be passed on in increased prices.
Fuel prices are rising again quickly after falling very slowly. This will do nothing to help inflation turn round.
But cleaner air is what we are all striving for so we have to accept that with it comes increased cost.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Many diesel commercial vehicles are aged before 2015. Thousands of commercial vehicles run in and out of this area every day doing business. The daily charge will be passed on in increased prices.
Fuel prices are rising again quickly after falling very slowly. This will do nothing to help inflation turn round.
But cleaner air is what we are all striving for so we have to accept that with it comes increased cost.
I agree there are a lot of things that are going to be painful if the world is to get to grips with climate change. Don’t see what the option is. We can all tinker round the edges but ultimately leaders worldwide are going to have to push through some pretty difficult decisions and stop prioritising their own popularity if the planet is to stand a chance. Clearly things can’t just keep expanding as they are. Life may need to be different. I’ll admit I’m as bad as most as I have to drive 130m plus for most of my work and it’s going to be difficult to stop until something forces me to adapt. We’ve been talking about this stuff for decades and mostly ignoring the warnings. While some changes have been made, it’s clearly not enough.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Some twat of a neighbour initially decided to dump their non compliant car outside my house for two weeks. I didn't realise it was theirs........ anyway, it got moved and now its outside their house, has been for the last 8 weeks. Just abandoned waiting for the tax to run out. What a ridiculous thing to do, what a waste of money and resource.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Some twat of a neighbour initially decided to dump their non compliant car outside my house for two weeks. I didn't realise it was theirs........ anyway, it got moved and now its outside their house, has been for the last 8 weeks. Just abandoned waiting for the tax to run out. What a ridiculous thing to do, what a waste of money and resource.
Some people don't have the sense they're born with.
There's mobile Ulez vans near our local school, where the inhabitants decamp the vehicle all dressed up like ninjas, so they won't get recognised.
Utter madness.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
There's mobile Ulez vans near our local school, where the inhabitants decamp the vehicle all dressed up like ninjas, so they won't get recognised.
Utter madness.
Suppose they have to do something now Brexit is done

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Utter madness.
Plain stupid, ninjas are really easy to spot. They should try and blend in

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London

Even if you put any logic aside about pollution and air quality etc. I can't understand why people think that the MP for Dartford, in Kent - a place that doesn't get to vote for London because it is not in London, should dictate what the people of London want. The polling shows a majority of Londoners support ULEZ (58%) and that is more than enough for it to exist without challenge because it is a scheme that is centred in London. As a Londoner I don't think that I, or my MP, should have any say in Birmingham's governance.

The fact that 95% of vehicles seen in London are ULEZ compliant and face no charge, in a city where 46% of the population don't own a car, shows that it is both working and not as big an issue as many Tories would like you to think it is.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Even if you put any logic aside about pollution and air quality etc. I can't understand why people think that the MP for Dartford, in Kent - a place that doesn't get to vote for London because it is not in London, should dictate what the people of London want. The polling shows a majority of Londoners support ULEZ (58%) and that is more than enough for it to exist without challenge because it is a scheme that is centred in London. As a Londoner I don't think that I, or my MP, should have any say in Birmingham's governance.

The fact that 95% of vehicles seen in London are ULEZ compliant and face no charge, in a city where 46% of the population don't own a car, shows that it is both working and not as big an issue as many Tories would like you to think it is.
it would follow that those living in Dartford shouldnt have ULEZ imposed on them, right? because that's whats getting the locals upset, they have shops, schools, GPs etc to get to just the otherside of the line. it may well be popular in the central London borough's where there is indeed low car use, the outer London and bordering counties support isn't so great.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here