UKIP to win their 1st Parliamentary seat tomorrow ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
What a load of bollox! Look at our car industry now, it is thriving. She cleared out the cancer of Red Bobbo and his like, and created an environment where inward investment could be obtained, and enabled industry ti thrive.

There was nothing wrong with the financial sector on her watch. That was down to Gordon the moron and Tony the liar, removing all controls from them in the beliefe that they could finance their utopian dream of low taxes, massive hand-outs and no need to make expenditure on the Public Sector realistically related to GDP.
The automotive industry only picked up because initially Nissan and Honda wanted a bridgehead into Europe. This was the only country in the EU where wages could be kept down and the trade unions couldn't wield any power because of legislation.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The automotive industry only picked up because initially Nissan and Honda wanted a bridgehead into Europe. This was the only country in the EU where wages could be kept down and the trade unions couldn't wield any power because of legislation.

And I presume the implication is that Nissan and Honda would not have come to Britain had we not been part of the EU, which is very definitely what I would say.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The salient point being she started and established the decline. Ouch.

She did indeed. That's not an ouch moment. My point was to emphasise that far from Labour improving our manufacturing base, things became considerably worse under their government. For a party which was supposed to encourage 'traditional' industry that is a big big fail. Labour or Conservatives? I can't see much difference these days.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
She did indeed. That's not an ouch moment. My point was to emphasise that far from Labour improving our manufacturing base, things became considerably worse under their government. For a party which was supposed to encourage 'traditional' industry that is a big big fail. Labour or Conservatives? I can't see much difference these days.

I haven't mentioned Labour, I made a comment regarding Thatcher on someone else's post. I don't see how the Labour party is relevant?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I haven't mentioned Labour, I made a comment regarding Thatcher on someone else's post. I don't see how the Labour party is relevant?

Because my initial response was to a post which ignored labours part in our manufacturing decline.

As for 'I don't see how the Labour party is relevant.' That's ambiguous lol!

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
And I presume the implication is that Nissan and Honda would not have come to Britain had we not been part of the EU, which is very definitely what I would say.

First and foremost these companies came primarily because it was easy to set up here and employ workers flexibly, the EU aspect is a detail.

Given that you live in Southampton you would be aware that Ford recently shut down its production of the transit in the city to move it to a new European manufacturing base in (drum roll)..................Turkey.

Being in the EU did not help the employees of Ford one jot because all that matters is where can goods be manufactured the cheapest to maximise margin...........making stuff in the EU is now overpriced because of the costs of regulation etc. That's ok for high end products made in the Fatherland, but the quid pro quo is that economies like Spain and Italy are f***ed.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Because my initial response was to a post which ignored labours part in our manufacturing decline.

As for 'I don't see how the Labour party is relevant.' That's ambiguous lol!

It didn't ignore it at all! You commented on a post regarding Thatcher and tried to turn into a partisan political discussion. Why is a Governments record coming into power 18 years after Thatcher became PM, and 7 years after she left got any relevance? Ambiguous is your need to bring Labour into it in the first place. Whether Labour, or this current government do any better in that regard is a completely separate discussion.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It didn't ignore it at all! You commented on a post regarding Thatcher and tried to turn into a partisan political discussion. Why is a Governments record coming into power 18 years after Thatcher became PM, and 7 years after she left got any relevance? Ambiguous is your need to bring Labour into it in the first place. Whether Labour, or this current government do any better in that regard is a completely separate discussion.

Surely if I was being partisan, I'd not state that I think both labor and Tories are useless? I personally don't see how one can comment on one without the other. They are both part of relevant history.

Agree to disagree I suppose.

Jello Biafra

Aug 8, 2011
You could say the same about voters of other parties too. Nobody really understands all the fancy terminology they use in finance or economics. All done to rip us off.
The lack of understanding and certainty that they're right is greater amongst UKIP than other parties though. UKIP parliamentary candidates are noticeably thicker than the 3 main parties, which is an achievement in itself. The party's activists are even lower life forms.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports