Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UKIP & the anti-fascist lot

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Nigel farage an ex stockbroker ? I think you'll find you're wrong there.

Herewith an excerpt from his Wikipedia write up. His father was a stockbroker and he was a commodity broker. And with Dulwich College in there you hardly have a revolutionary fervour. He was a member of the Conservative party before he veered further right to become a founder member (I believe) of UKIP. An establishment figure through and through whose policies are shot through with keeping jobs for the (City) boys.

Farage was born in Herne, Kent, on 3 April 1964, to Guy Justus Oscar Farage and Barbara Stevens.[9][10][11] His father was a stockbroker in the City who left the family home when Nigel was five years old.[8] Farage was educated at Dulwich College.[11] In 1982 he joined the American commodity brokerage firm Drexel Burnham Lambert.[11] In 1986, he joined Credit Lyonnais Rouse.[11] He joined Refco in 1994, and Natexis Metals in 2003.[11]

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
No, in my opinion, you made a cock of yourself.
All I did was quote somebody...word for word...without attributing it. In the assumption a whole lot of people would suspect it was my view, and would jump on it.
Guess what happened.

Cheers.

OK, how about we put it to a poll ? I'm more than happy for NSC democracy to say who's the prick !

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Farage's dad was a stock broker. He was a commodity broker in The City for an American brokerage and then a French Merchant Bank (very cosmopolitan if you ask me).

If that's really all you can pull out of Pete In Black's post then you reinforced my initial thought that it was spot on.
it's akin to calling a carpenter an electrician ,totally different , and reinforces my view that the " bash the banks" brigade are falling back on recycled guardian headlines because they don't know enough to formulate an independent view.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Herewith an excerpt from his Wikipedia write up. His father was a stockbroker and he was a commodity broker. And with Dulwich College in there you hardly have a revolutionary fervour. He was a member of the Conservative party before he veered further right to become a founder member (I believe) of UKIP. An establishment figure through and through whose policies are shot through with keeping jobs for the (City) boys.

Farage was born in Herne, Kent, on 3 April 1964, to Guy Justus Oscar Farage and Barbara Stevens.[9][10][11] His father was a stockbroker in the City who left the family home when Nigel was five years old.[8] Farage was educated at Dulwich College.[11] In 1982 he joined the American commodity brokerage firm Drexel Burnham Lambert.[11] In 1986, he joined Credit Lyonnais Rouse.[11] He joined Refco in 1994, and Natexis Metals in 2003.[11]
See my answer to Guinness boy.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
OK, how about we put it to a poll ? I'm more than happy for NSC democracy to say who's the prick !

If you made yourself look a twunt...live with it....if you need 'back-up'...run with it

Call me a prick all day long mate....what you or anybody else on NSC says to me, will not bother me. I suspect jumping on the post and looking a bit silly
is bothering you though...

;-D

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
See my answer to Guinness boy.

I have already seen your answer to Guinness Boy. I wasn't particularly impressed. Whether he was a commodity broker, a stockbroker or a City banker, his experience is not going to give him much awareness of what it is like to live on an estate in the worst bits of our major cities wondering how you are going to make the money stretch to the end of the week, whether you are on benefits or in work. His policies would also remove a great deal of stuff about worker's rights, so I would find it difficult to accept that he has the best interests of the working man or woman at heart.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
it's akin to calling a carpenter an electrician ,totally different , and reinforces my view that the " bash the banks" brigade are falling back on recycled guardian headlines because they don't know enough to formulate an independent view.

LMAO! What a load of cobblers. Both are City traders working on commission for large financial organisations. They just buy and sell different things, different ways! A better analogy would be CEO of Tesco versus CEO of Next. None are exactly lining the streets brimming with revolutionary fervour. And my info didn't come from The Guardian or Wiki. It came from this interview in the FT...

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/19e91cfe-86bd-11e2-b907-00144feabdc0.html#axzz2VL1zQ44O

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Was on a stag do at the Rose Bowl (England v Sri Lanka Test match) a few years back and Nigel Farage was there
A few of my pissed up mates were chatting to him
He was very down to earth and likeable

D

Deleted member 22389

I have already seen your answer to Guinness Boy. I wasn't particularly impressed. Whether he was a commodity broker, a stockbroker or a City banker, his experience is not going to give him much awareness of what it is like to live on an estate in the worst bits of our major cities wondering how you are going to make the money stretch to the end of the week, whether you are on benefits or in work. His policies would also remove a great deal of stuff about worker's rights, so I would find it difficult to accept that he has the best interests of the working man or woman at heart.

Whether they are better or worse you get to the point where you just want some sort of change. I don't think Labour getting back in to power is the answer for me, and I certainly don't think it will make the slightest bit of difference. I think they will make the situation worse. After the last performance they don't fill me with any confidence whatsoever. It just feels like they are about to roll over, all over again. I know voting UKIP is handing it to them on a plate, and I also understand it is probably not the answer, but if the people in charge are not really listening, what else are people meant to do.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I made absolutely no comment whatsoever on farages ability to empathise with people on council estates , I merely showed it was incorrect to state he is a former stockbroker , and how this highlights the inaccuracies in the various statements from people who seek to blame the banking industry for every single woe and problem we have today , I am also unimpressed , with your petty reverse snobbery, but then again it's what I've come to expect from bleeding heart liberals such as yourself , who seemingly don't live in the same world as the rest of us.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Whether they are better or worse you get to the point where you just want some sort of change. I don't think Labour getting back in to power is the answer for me, and I certainly don't think it will make the slightest bit of difference. I think they will make the situation worse. After the last performance they don't fill me with any confidence whatsoever. It just feels like they are about to roll over, all over again. I know voting UKIP is handing it to them on a plate, but if people want change what else can we do.

For what it's worth, I appreciate your dilemma. If I wanted to lodge a protest vote, it just wouldn't be for UKIP

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
LMAO! What a load of cobblers. Both are City traders working on commission for large financial organisations. They just buy and sell different things, different ways! A better analogy would be CEO of Tesco versus CEO of Next. None are exactly lining the streets brimming with revolutionary fervour. And my info didn't come from The Guardian or Wiki. It came from this interview in the FT...

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/19e91cfe-86bd-11e2-b907-00144feabdc0.html#axzz2VL1zQ44O
yet again you show your complete and utter ignorance of the city and how it works , you originally stated he was a stockbroker , now you're telling me hes a trader , which is it ? Do you even know the difference ? somehow I doubt it.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
NSC "Home of the Binfest" - very appropriate Bozza. All you keyboard warriors need something to calm you down. Ever thought of taking up yoga?

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
It will be interesting to see how UKIP do in the European elections (May 2014). IF they do well in those then I think we will see a change of direction from the Tory party, a ditching of the coalition and back to the days of tough immigration and a referendum on staying in the EU. I dont think UKIP will ever get enough MPS elected to make a difference, but they will change the policies of the Tory party. I hate the way that UAF think they speak for the silent majority, they certainly dont speak for me, just like EDL, or the BNP do not speak to me.

I also think after people look at how the first elected Green MP did in Brighton and how Green run councils are performing people will be wary of the protest vote when it means you get stuck with a Green run council or a green MP, or in the future a UKIP MP etc etc.

After the recent financial problems in many (well most) European countries I think that more extreme right wing parties will gain votes, I remember when Le Pen started to make inroads into France and they gained 18% of the vote in the French elections last year, that's nearly 1 in 5 voting for a far right party!

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I would agree that the behaviour of the protesters at the meeting was very silly, and I have some sympathy with what mr Farage said about it.

As a pro-European, I think it is the first thing I have ever heard him say that I have agreed with. Most of what he spouts about Europe is absolute rubbish and, having looked at their website and what it has to say about policy, which is all very thin, I disagree with just about all of it. Whether you think he and his party are racist probably depends on your definition of racism. These things are not black and white - no pun intended - there are shades of grey, and far more than the 50 in the title of that silly book.

Haha, the EU was the cause of the Greek's collapse. Greece cannot leave the euro because it'll be a disaster for them economically if they leave which would lead to social collapse. The EU on the other hand doesn't want them to leave because it'll crush their project.

One policy to fit all has been a disaster, the removal of national sovereignty will lead to extreme nationalism, which is being seen in Greece right now. The EU has been a disaster, it should have remained just a free trade pact.

The UAF is a front for the SWP, who are no doubt fascist themselves. Unfortunately, Marxists seem to think anyone who opposes them are fascists. They seem to fail to understand what fascism actually is, so they'll target anyone on the right.

Whilst selling papers, that is.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Haha, the EU was the cause of the Greek's collapse. Greece cannot leave the euro because it'll be a disaster for them economically if they leave which would lead to social collapse. The EU on the other hand doesn't want them to leave because it'll crush their project.

One policy to fit all has been a disaster, the removal of national sovereignty will lead to extreme nationalism, which is being seen in Greece right now. The EU has been a disaster, it should have remained just a free trade pact.

The UAF is a front for the SWP, who are no doubt fascist themselves. Unfortunately, Marxists seem to think anyone who opposes them are fascists. They seem to fail to understand what fascism actually is, so they'll target anyone on the right.

Whilst selling papers, that is.

Good view.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
If you made yourself look a twunt...live with it....if you need 'back-up'...run with it

Call me a prick all day long mate....what you or anybody else on NSC says to me, will not bother me. I suspect jumping on the post and looking a bit silly
is bothering you though...

;-D

You are a prick though, A clueless extremist prick to boot.

for a nation to decide its governance, either greater indepenance or as part of a greater block is a fundemental right set out in UN charters. To refer to it as right wing extremism is justPlyd Cymru which essentially are the same thing.

TBH you are all morons in threads like this, leftists for parroting rubbish and others for not calling em on it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here