UKIP & the anti-fascist lot

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Well we had 15 years of Labour, who have helped to ruin the country, and have spent the last year or so publicly admitting their mistakes, with Tone doing a complete u turn this week. Then we have Dave, who in 2007 promised if he was elected that the UK would have a referendum on Europe, and stated this in 2005.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4179106.stm
The Lib Dems, hardly credible, and the Greens, about as much use as a man with one leg at an arse kicking party.
So, what is the alternative.

D

Deleted member 22389

UKIP are extraordinarily right-wing and is now devoted to creating a fuss, via Islam and immigrants. Theyve got nothing to say on mainstream issues.

I really cannot see what is right wing in trying to look after the interests of people at home before looking after one else. There needs to be fairness in how the system works, which currently there is not. The UK gives a lot out to people compared to other countries in the EU.

What is wrong in asking people to be prepared for life in the UK, have money so they can fund their stay and making sure they can get a job so they don't fall in to the trap of becoming a burden on the system.

If there are not enough off jobs, what is the point of the EU persisting with this stupid rule to allow free movement of people.
It is stupid when the economies across Europe are the worst they have been for years.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
For those of us that don't swallow the whole EU rhetoric they are the only party to support.

Tories - will only hold an in/out vote IF they are re-elected in 2015 - ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Labour - have already lied about the vote on the Lisborn Treaty so why should we believe them again ( and that's assuming they ever bother to tell us the voters their current position )
Lib Dem - liars through and through. Look at Uni fees and LDC around Falmer.
Greens - yes, OK, I'd rather bite my own bollocks off !

So you rather vote for ukip who have no chance of winning (but who would leave the eu) than vote for the Tories who do have a chance of winning and will have a referendum.

Lets face it, even ukip would probably have a specific referendum even if they won, which isn't going to happen

I went to the Hove Town Hall on Monday night to listen to Nigel Farage. I have never voted UKIP however, given that this is a democracy, wanted to hear what he had to say. Firstly, my wife, who has never been into politics in our 25 years together wanted to hear him. All very intriguing as to what has made MR Farage float her boat.

I have voted for all the three main political parties & am very much a floater.

On the issue of immigration, I applaud Mr Farage and his policies. They are akin to Australia. Non racist, however, immigration is only allowed where there is a skill shortage.

Mr Farage is a great orator and certainly electable. He is passionate, witty, clever & many of his policies make pure common sense. His views wouldn't seem out of place in a Thatcher government.

What I was disgusted with, was the far left who drowned Mr Farage & attempted to disrupt the evening. Unfortunately, they didn't have the intellect to discuss any politics with Mr Farage, so the 20 or so unwashed were one by one dragged out of the hall. A great shame as in my opinion it discredited Labour & their supporters.

As for me, still on the fence. However, UKIP on Monday's show are very attractive proposition.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
It's funny how being against European integration makes you far right, and pro-European left.

I don;t think it does, besides Thatcher was very pro EU (or EEC as it was then) and Tony Benn was against us joining. I think UKIP are considered far right because of the tone of Faranges speeches. He talks like a far right nutter. OK, he cloaks it in "reasonable" language, but the message is very much the same.

I really do see UKIP as BNP-lite.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Once watched a documentary - quite a few years ago now - which was a fly on the wall with UKIP. Specifically it followed Robert Kilroy-Silk around and it brilliantly deconstructed him since which time he has thankfully disappeared. The only person in the doco who appeared less credible and more dim, was Farage.

Sorry but the guy has demonstrated with incredible regularity that he is a bit of a clown, and not really to be taken seriously. The fact that his message resonates with the population only goes to show how few quality thinkers bother to seek high political office these days. Ed Balls for next Chancellor anyone? God help the country if that happens. More black eyesore rubbish dumpsters to clog up the miles of cycle lanes, and the snails pace 20 mph traffic - thanks to Kitcat "The Greens" and Caroline Lucas. No wonder Farage sounds credible.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I really cannot see what is right wing in trying to look after the interests of people at home before looking after one else. There needs to be fairness in how the system works, which currently there is not. The UK gives a lot out to people compared to other countries in the EU.

What is wrong in asking people to be prepared for life in the UK, have money so they can fund their stay and making sure they can get a job so they don't fall in to the trap of becoming a burden on the system.

If there are not enough off jobs, what is the point of the EU persisting with this stupid rule to allow free movement of people.
It is stupid when the economies across Europe are the worst they have been for years.

It is not just a question of their immigration stance - or not a question of their immigration stance if one does not think it is right wing. It is also their other policies, what there are of them, like taxation, education and so on.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I am still astounded that UKIP are given anything like the column inches they are given. They haven't come close to winning a single seat in the house of commons. As far as I'm concerned, that ought to make them less relevant than Sinn Fein, the Alliance Party, the Green Party and Martin Bell. Why Farage and the equally pointless assortment of sad left wing mummys boys who can't cope with the idea of democracy should matter to any of us is beyond me. If you're anti EU and feel your vote really is worth wasting on a single issue where credible arguments can be made for either side, then vote Tory as they have promised a referendum.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
I don;t think it does, besides Thatcher was very pro EU (or EEC as it was then) and Tony Benn was against us joining. I think UKIP are considered far right because of the tone of Faranges speeches.

Yes I know, that was my point, that's why I started the sentence with 'it's funny'.

He talks like a far right nutter. OK, he cloaks it in "reasonable" language, but the message is very much the same.

He may come across as unpleasant but that's no different to any other politician. Personally, I think he's just very sure of his policies.

I really do see UKIP as BNP-lite.

I think that's a little insulting to all those who did vote for them recently. Just because you don't happen to agree with the very few policies they have out there, doesn't make them neo-nazi. It's the typical fall-back when people discuss British politics, you don't happen to agree with X or Y from the mainstream, well in that case you are an extremist, and its boll0cks.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Insulting or not.
At the last general election, with the country facing the greatest economic crisis since the Great Depression UKIPs flagship policy was to ban the burqa.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Insulting or not.
At the last general election, with the country facing the greatest economic crisis since the Great Depression UKIPs flagship policy was to ban the burqa.
UKIP's flagship policy was to leave the EU you massive massive bellend.

You really are a total nob most of the time.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So here we go ( and the list isn't exhaustive ! ) :

1. Getting us out of the EU
2. Points value immigration
3. Recall voting
4. Flat rate of tax
5. Tax only kicking in at £13k

Feel free to name call rather than put a rational political argument as usual !

Right these are going to be my policies

1. Getting us out of the EU
2. Points value immigration
3. Recall voting
4. Flat rate of tax (lower than UKIPs)
5. Tax only kicking in at £15k
6 Increase spending on the military
7 Increase spending on the NHS
8 Increase spending on Education

Surely i should get your vote now ? or if not, why not ?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic

Not my words. Thats what Dr Alan Sked, founder of UKIP says.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Knew you wouldn't disappoint!

Perhaps if you and your UAF pals would let people stand up and have their say you'd get to hear more!

I knew you would bite.
Not my words little one. Its the opinion of Dr Alan Sked, founder of UKIP.
Thank you also for biting.

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
So you rather vote for ukip who have no chance of winning (but who would leave the eu) than vote for the Tories who do have a chance of winning and will have a referendum.

Lets face it, even ukip would probably have a specific referendum even if they won, which isn't going to happen

Shhhh, I'll let you into a secret - Labour or Tories = same thing nowadays.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I am still astounded that UKIP are given anything like the column inches they are given. They haven't come close to winning a single seat in the house of commons. As far as I'm concerned, that ought to make them less relevant than Sinn Fein, the Alliance Party, the Green Party and Martin Bell. Why Farage and the equally pointless assortment of sad left wing mummys boys who can't cope with the idea of democracy should matter to any of us is beyond me. If you're anti EU and feel your vote really is worth wasting on a single issue where credible arguments can be made for either side, then vote Tory as they have promised a referendum.

But I don't believe the Tories WILL hold a referendum if they win. Labour promised one on Lisborn but lied - I don't trust the Tories either. The ONLY party likely to force a proper vote is UKIP. They won't win a general election BUT just by the fact that the Tories have had to change their stance on the EU because of the worry of losing votes to UKIP means, to me, that they are a worthwhile consideration when I next vote.

The reason they are getting the level of publicity they are is because all three main parties feel threatened by UKIP. It also helps that foaming mouthed lefties can't help holding protests etc.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I went to the Hove Town Hall on Monday night to listen to Nigel Farage. I have never voted UKIP however, given that this is a democracy, wanted to hear what he had to say. Firstly, my wife, who has never been into politics in our 25 years together wanted to hear him. All very intriguing as to what has made MR Farage float her boat.

I have voted for all the three main political parties & am very much a floater.

On the issue of immigration, I applaud Mr Farage and his policies. They are akin to Australia. Non racist, however, immigration is only allowed where there is a skill shortage.

Mr Farage is a great orator and certainly electable. He is passionate, witty, clever & many of his policies make pure common sense. His views wouldn't seem out of place in a Thatcher government.

What I was disgusted with, was the far left who drowned Mr Farage & attempted to disrupt the evening. Unfortunately, they didn't have the intellect to discuss any politics with Mr Farage, so the 20 or so unwashed were one by one dragged out of the hall. A great shame as in my opinion it discredited Labour & their supporters.

As for me, still on the fence. However, UKIP on Monday's show are very attractive proposition.

And now I'm really scared ...... I agree with YOU ! :lol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Please refer your comments to Dr Alan Sked. Founder of the UKIP.
They are not my words...

Cheers for biting.
Yes they are. You said "UKIPs flagship policy was to ban the burqa". Clearly that is NOT and never has been their "flagship" policy.

And no, you don't really make me bite because you're not worth responding to IMO - if you were I would have posted on your other tediously long thread. I just object to you making a point by lying. Do you know what "flagship" means?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports