Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UKIP Policy Announcement Goes Tits-Up

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
You have to be pretty repressed to get offended by a woman breastfeeding. And how do you "ostentatiously breastfeed", swing topless from the chandeliers shouting " Look at the glorious energy of the sisterhood" with an infant suctioned to each nipple?

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
This is what Farage has said and yes I was listening to LBC this morning.

"The media fabrication over breastfeeding has been extraordinary. Let me get this clear, as I said on the radio and as I repeat now, I personally have no problem with mothers breastfeeding wherever they want.
What I said was... and it is immensely frustrating that I have to explain this... is that if the establishment in question, in this case Claridges, wants to maintain rules about this stuff, then that is up to them, as it should be. I remarked that perhaps they might ask women to sit in a corner. Did I say I believe they should have to? No. Did I say I personally endorse this concept? No.
We do however have to recognise that businesses have a responsibility to all of their customers, some of whom may well be made uncomfortable by public breastfeeding. It’s a two-way street: breastfeeding women should never be embarrassed by staff asking them to stop, and most mums will recognise the need to be discreet in certain, limited, circumstances. It just a question of good manners.".

But by all means continue to make a 'tit' of yourself on this one.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
And how do you "ostentatiously breastfeed", swing topless from the chandeliers shouting " Look at the glorious energy of the sisterhood" with an infant suctioned to each nipple?

not quite, but when a woman in my local park got one out to feed her baby, i was shocked.

sexxx.jpg

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Christ they will be flopping them out all over the place now to prove a point, can just see a young mum flopping one out at the Amex and Hyppia mistaking it for one of his midfielders

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I despise UKIP and everything they represent, but they have a point about breastfeeding in public.

It's one of those post-feminist ideas that is unnecessary and ridiculous. Of course it is natural human behaviour, but some people get offended by it. It's not a lot to ask to refrain from getting your tits out and feeding your sprog in certain public places, it's just a matter of respecting other people and what they do and don't want to see.

I have no problem with women breast feeding in public, but I'm not a misogynist.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I despise UKIP and everything they represent, but they have a point about breastfeeding in public.

It's one of those post-feminist ideas that is unnecessary and ridiculous. Of course it is natural human behaviour, but some people get offended by it. It's not a lot to ask to refrain from getting your tits out and feeding your sprog in certain public places, it's just a matter of respecting other people and what they do and don't want to see.

Also, men holding hands, never used to see it but now there they are, acting like it's all natural. Surely it's not too difficult to refrain is it?

Edit; To ensure I only get flamed for my actual beliefs, nothing above is intended seriously.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
It seems strange to me that Justine from Mumsnet has never been to England before, therefore never having come across a horrendously reserved set of folk who do feel uncomfortable with a baby noshing away in any situation, let alone at a nearby dinner table. It might be great if we had the wince gene removed from our beings, but feeling exhausted with embarrassment is one of the mainstays of my englishness.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
why, do you think the only thing people have against UKIP is that they might be a bit racist?

Because when the debate and views do not match the Ukip antis, and what they are supposed to have said has been ridiculed, then the good old racist comment normally raises it's head.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
why, do you think the only thing people have against UKIP is that they might be a bit racist?

It's the main issue with the majority of people who complain about UKIP.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I think NSC has finally jumped the shark.

When I see the 3 stooges banging on about how good immigration is, Bad fish, Dave of Prat and Rex Cartalidge who live in Austrralia, Czech and USA respectivly I cant help but think of the term "Taking the piss". As each is remote from the issue and removed from any negative impact.

Then in this thread I see loads of blokes discussing breast feeding. What next? Pretty Prink fairy opening a thread to discuss Period Pains with Bushy and Hitony?

Farage is a politician, its there mission statement to spout of about absolutely everything. Whats all your excuses?

Decades ago, facilities were made available for breastfeeding that are simply not available today. Women-only carriages on trains, for example. The fact that no such places exist today creates a problem that has to be solved by individual women. No-one should be surprised that occasional conflicts arise, but it shouldn't be assumed that the problem is an assertive "feminist" with "a point to prove".

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Every Saturday, our tit doesn't come out, he stays on his seat in the dugout.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here