Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UKIP MP number 2 coming up.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
think he might be slightly right of Hitler

Actually he wasn't. Like all politicians he highlighted issues that are viewed as issues that are green caused...jams along the OSR due to cycle lanes that are not used....that sort of thing.

Not that I would vote for him, but you can see why people will do.

A few years ago, I did an interview for a local rag with Carolyn Lucas and I was amazed by her extreme left wing views...re nationalisation of major industries, very high top and Middle rates of tax, as well as being extremely anti personal car use and very much anti out of town retail developments. It was actually quite refreshing to hear someone who wansnt this middle of the road labour/conservative/liberal wishy washy politician we have now, even if I didn't necessarily agree with her views.

I certainly did think like that when I was a student.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
re: My earlier post and relationship between UKIP / BNP Supporters.
Yougov have tracked polling data support for both the parties firstly among white respondents. BNP / UKIP support was very similar. They quote Farage as saying him and Griffin were 'f**cking poles apart on virtually all aspects on policy" after UKIP turned down an electoral pact with the BNP
Moreover the vast swathes of support from 'white' voters for UKIP / BNP were very at very similar levels in Q2 of 2007 (around 2%), for the BNP this support stayed at around 2%, as UKIP's spiked to 6% in 2009 Q2. At the 2010 GE UKIP were only 1% ahead among white voters at 3%. Since that time (mid-2013) support has risen to 13% whilst the BNP have have remianed at 1-2%, showing that UKIP's voting base is predominately not coming for the BNP 'white voters'.

Moreover, in local elections in 2010 the two parties fielded similar numbers of candidates BNP - 716 UKIP - 620. With BNP winning two locals seats, one more than UKIP but receiving 100,000 votes more (346,540 to 226,569). Three years later the BNP only fielded 100 candidates whilst UKIP had 1,742 winning 1,141,487 votes to the BNP's 13,143, an increase of 914,918 votes, whilst BNP support dropped by 333,397 totalling 5.6% of the vote to UKIP's 24.3%. So even if every single BNP voter from 2010 voted for UKIP in the 2013 Local elections, that still leaves 581,521 voters. In addition in the same period BNP support fell by 3.4% whilst UKIP gained an extra 16.4% of the vote.

These stats, clearly show that UKIP support has not been and will never be in a majority from ex-BNP supporters.

Finally, anyone interested in the rise of UKIP - read this book!

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Yougov have tracked polling data support for both the parties firstly among white respondents. BNP / UKIP support was very similar. They quote Farage as saying him and Griffin were 'f**cking poles apart on virtually all aspects on policy" after UKIP turned down an electoral pact with the BNP
Moreover the vast swathes of support from 'white' voters for UKIP / BNP were very at very similar levels in Q2 of 2007 (around 2%), for the BNP this support stayed at around 2%, as UKIP's spiked to 6% in 2009 Q2. At the 2010 GE UKIP were only 1% ahead among white voters at 3%. Since that time (mid-2013) support has risen to 13% whilst the BNP have have remianed at 1-2%, showing that UKIP's voting base is predominately not coming for the BNP 'white voters'.

Moreover, in local elections in 2010 the two parties fielded similar numbers of candidates BNP - 716 UKIP - 620. With BNP winning two locals seats, one more than UKIP but receiving 100,000 votes more (346,540 to 226,569). Three years later the BNP only fielded 100 candidates whilst UKIP had 1,742 winning 1,141,487 votes to the BNP's 13,143, an increase of 914,918 votes, whilst BNP support dropped by 333,397 totalling 5.6% of the vote to UKIP's 24.3%. So even if every single BNP voter from 2010 voted for UKIP in the 2013 Local elections, that still leaves 581,521 voters. In addition in the same period BNP support fell by 3.4% whilst UKIP gained an extra 16.4% of the vote.

These stats, clearly show that UKIP support has not been and will never be in a majority from ex-BNP supporters.

Thanks, hopefully this will put a few that jumped on the racist bandwagon, one to cross off their hit list.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I remember when I was a candidate for the Seagulls Party, pondering how I would answer questions like "What's the Seagulls Party policy on council house sales?".

I think I ended up persuading myself that the correct way to deal with issues like this was (1) to say the first thing that came to mind and (2) slag off the Liberal Democrats.

We're you up against Das pretty pink Reich? I wonder what his policy on immigrants at the Amex would be?

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
Actually he wasn't. Like all politicians he highlighted issues that are viewed as issues that are green caused...jams along the OSR due to cycle lanes that are not used....that sort of thing.

A few years ago, I did an interview for a local rag with Carolyn Lucas and I was amazed by her extreme left wing views...re nationalisation of major industries, very high top and Middle rates of tax, as well as being extremely anti personal car use and very much anti out of town retail developments. It was actually quite refreshing to hear someone who wansnt this middle of the road labour/conservative/liberal wishy washy politician we have now, even if I didn't necessarily agree with her views.

you mean when you were brainwashed, hats off to you for learning how to think for yourself. uni's etc fill your head full of sh*t

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
For the record ... no, I didn't. Although I did have a conversation with the Project Leader about the opportunities to develop new accessible transport services linking sheltered housing schemes in the area with the site, to encourage older people to attend events at the new Pavilion, visit the gardens, and enjoy the refreshment facilities.

It will soon return to the drug depraved shithole it once was when no -one would go near it

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

I have always liked her and the way she speaks
surprisingly I like Portilo, he also changed his politics as he was a Labour party man in his early years and I suspect Carolyn Lucas was also

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
ive noticed it too.
typical.. dave gives it large when bushy's not here to defend himself.
You do realise this is virtual don't you? You may think it but you're not actually in the playground. I hope nobody is afraid to speak their mind, whatever kind of bullying is dished out.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
You do realise this is virtual don't you? You may think it but you're not actually in the playground. I hope nobody is afraid to speak their mind, whatever kind of bullying is dished out.

Hopefully most speak their mind, and we may differ, but i feel that the person that is coming in for a bit of stick, has invited/brought it on himself.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Yeah, but sometimes we should draw a line right? Make your point and move on.....

Yes. No need to use abusive asterisk's etc to make a point. I just post my opinions, have nobody on ignore list, have never reported anybody, or a post.
I daresay if i met those that i disagree with, we might get on fine. We debate, we disagree, we learn, we move on.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Well done :thumbsup: - both your posts have show DiP sticks to be lies yet again. He really is a perpetual liar.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
The beast puts it better than I ever could

[video]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-30141159[/video]

It's all very well for Skinner sneering at UKIP because the NHS employs a smorgasbord of nationalities, however it's not all rosy in that particular garden........

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2012/dec/30/majority-of-doctors-disciplined-trained-abroad

http://www.hcrlaw.com/blog/ministers-say-nhs-foreign-doctors-must-speak-english/

Don't get me wrong I like Skinner because he is genuinely old Labour, and he has always been scathing about the EU, and its powers, saying numerous times it's authority should not eclipse Parliament. Accordingly he has rebelled in every vote on every EU treaty put to Parliament.

http://www.publicwhip.org.uk/mp.php?id=uk.org.publicwhip/member/40098

To berate UKIP who stand for exactly the same view and using his heart bypass as a positive celebration of the EU's policy for freedom of movement is hypocrisy and political grandstanding for the weak minded.

D

Deleted member 22389

It's all very well for Skinner sneering at UKIP because the NHS employs a smorgasbord of nationalities, however it's not all rosy in that particular garden........

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2012/dec/30/majority-of-doctors-disciplined-trained-abroad

http://www.hcrlaw.com/blog/ministers-say-nhs-foreign-doctors-must-speak-english/

Don't get me wrong I like Skinner because he is genuinely old Labour, and he has always been scathing about the EU, and its powers, saying numerous times it's authority should not eclipse Parliament. Accordingly he has rebelled in every vote on every EU treaty put to Parliament.

http://www.publicwhip.org.uk/mp.php?id=uk.org.publicwhip/member/40098

To berate UKIP who stand for exactly the same view and using his heart bypass as a positive celebration of the EU's policy for freedom of movement is hypocrisy and political grandstanding for the weak minded.

I actually find it insulting when I hear things like "The NHS wouldn't survive without immigration" actually it used to survive without it, the only reason we need so many foreign Doctors and Nurses now is because we have not trained enough of our own people, and we are treating more people than ever, not helped due to the increased numbers because of things like immigration in the first place. It is the complete dismisal of these sorts of facts that annoy me.

Start training our own people and make degrees affordable so we don't need to recruit so many people from abroad.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
Yes. No need to use abusive asterisk's etc to make a point. I just post my opinions, have nobody on ignore list, have never reported anybody, or a post.
I daresay if i met those that i disagree with, we might get on fine. We debate, we disagree, we learn, we move on.

:lolol:
you mean to say you would get on with dip dave. come on lad there are limits.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here