Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UKIP look like fools again

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
"Mr Stanley, who was due to stand for UKIP in Westmorland and Lonsdale at the general election, told his local newspaper: "I have given my full resignation to the party because of issues happening in Scotland: open racism and sanctimonious bullying within the party."

Well, that'll net them another 50,000 votes.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I don't understand, which religion is an eclipse meant to annoy? Pagans?Christians?Muslims?Jews?

Must be Jedis, they got really radical since they got on the census, YODA OUT

Astrologers probably, I dont know. He should be made to give a proper explanation or be sacked. No accountability in the Public Sector, thats why its full of morons.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
But from the secret filming they showed on the news, it sounded like it eas part of a deliberate policy/strategy to bolster up the UKIP finances. If that is the case, it's a shame there isn't an offence of corporate fraud....... Or maybe there is.

Labour and Conservatives will now be checking all their receipts and invoices they've paid out on :lol: "All in it together" might take on a different meaning.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
No one is defending it. A member of the party was out of line and the party acted on it, exactly as any other party has. Yet you single out UKIP for 'looking like fools'. Why?

because it is foolish to ask a waiter in a public place to fiddle your accounts for you. A less foolish way to go about would be to do it in private.

Of course I am impressed that UKIP believe in the transparency of their finances. If the story is true of course, Is anyone really that stupid?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
"Mr Stanley, who was due to stand for UKIP in Westmorland and Lonsdale at the general election, told his local newspaper: "I have given my full resignation to the party because of issues happening in Scotland: open racism and sanctimonious bullying within the party."

Well, that'll net them another 50,000 votes.

is there a reason you left out the rest of his quote?

"This sectarian racist filth in Scotland needs cleaning up. It is a great threat to the Eurosceptic cause and civil society."

I am sure there isnt but its always good to have the full context isnt it.

i am sure everyone agrees the jocks have a real problem with sectarian racism......i doubt there is very much us south of the border can do about this mindset that is ingrained

D

Deleted member 22389

It won't put most UKIPpers off - but it will certainly prevent them from ever becoming a credible party in the eyes of the public.

15% tells me that a lot of people think they are credible. If nothing changes under the next government on the EU question, immigration and the current politicians act in the way they have been by completely dismissing people concerns, then support for UKIP will keep growing. These two issues are not going away, even if the economy gets better, because it all comes down to quality of life. It's not all about money.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
It won't put most UKIPpers off - but it will certainly prevent them from ever becoming a credible party in the eyes of the public.

It might in theory but realistically, most voters are now so immune to fiddles, that it is almost par for the course, or certainly viewed as such. Furthermore, considering the scandals that dogged John Major's government and then that of Tony Blair (who vowed to put a stop to it all), we would then have to say that both the major parties also lack credibility in the eyes of the public. Just so long as you are consistent.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
People come and go, but the the EU and Immigration don't

Bang wrong! Immigration is people coming and going. Depending on where you are standing.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast

It depends how well people really identify with their MP rather than the Party whose rosette they wear.

Anne De Vecchi once said (remember her?) that in a Group of Councillors, if it's big enough there will always be "issues" cropping up. And she was only talking about Lewes DC, UKIP has to find 600 odd squeaky clean people with squeaky clean helpers. Not really possible is it?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I think its worth posting daveinpragues picture again.

Its a bit one sided against UKIP and doesnt address other parties in the EU but thats not the point.The MEP link against all of them is enough of a giveaway.

This EU institution is riddled with fraudsters,its a disgusting gravy train of waste,and its your tax money.......time to kick it into the dustbin.

ukip.jpg

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

As reported in the Clacton & Frinton Gazette yesterday

A LEADING election forecaster has predicted a UKIP win in Clacton at the forthcoming General Election, saying the seat is “pretty much in the bag”. Politics professor Matthew Goodwin, of Nottingham University, said Clacton was one of four seats the party had already won – more than a month before the UK goes to the polls.He said there would have to be a “monumental mistake and a car crash before May 7” for the party not to take Clacton, along with South Thanet in Kent, where party leader Nigel Farage is standing, as well as Rochester and Strood, which the party already holds, and Thurrock. Prof Goodwin said: “My view is that UKIP is likely to win six Parliamentary constituencies. They have pretty much got three or four seats now in the bag unless there is a monumental mistake and a car crash before May 7.” Prof Goodwin set out six other seats he believed UKIP could win – Castle Point, Boston and Skegness, Great Grimsby, Thanet North, Great Yarmouth and Cannock Chase.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
All the parties look like fools at times, i wouldn't single out UKIP

In isolation you are correct of course but this is a self styled voice of real Britain led by No Nonsense Nige. When you brand yourself like that you have to live up to it and they can't. The "progressive" Greens and their odd brand of social justice by improving the area round the now-too-expensive-to-buy-in Muesli Mountain where their voters live while ignoring socially deprived areas (how's your rubbish collections & Sure Start centres Whitehawk, Hollingbury and Portslade?).

They are all (mostly) the same. Vote for the ones that aren't, no matter what their rosette or don't bother at all.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
In isolation you are correct of course but this is a self styled voice of real Britain led by No Nonsense Nige. When you brand yourself like that you have to live up to it and they can't. The "progressive" Greens and their odd brand of social justice by improving the area round the now-too-expensive-to-buy-in Muesli Mountain where their voters live while ignoring socially deprived areas (how's your rubbish collections & Sure Start centres Whitehawk, Hollingbury and Portslade?).

They are all (mostly) the same. Vote for the ones that aren't, no matter what their rosette or don't bother at all.

I agree with the sentiment.

The tories and labour position themselves as morally robust but that is often not the case. A good MP is key but i think they have to represent at least some of your core values

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here