Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UKIP are now a parliamentary party

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
Forage getting slaughtered on panorama. Sixth worst attendance of.all MEPs, whinging about the feeble UK fishing quota, but being on the fisheries commission and NEVER turning up, UKIP taking €70m of tax payers money.

What a fcking FRAUD.

Fraud?! Like that committed by MPs and Lords to the extent that in 2011 whilst 0.13% of the general population were in prison 0.61% of MPs were behind bars!!

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
I'd say anyone who wanted some work done on their house on time, at a fair price and by someone who is competent and takes pride in their work. I know there are good British tradesmen ( such as our [MENTION=26105]Soulman[/MENTION]), but there are too many rip off merchants.

If people want protectionism by voting UKIP then fine, but accept the economic consequences that come with it.

Poor effort from you EP.......as you well know the EU is all about protectionism, a huge chunk of the EU budget is spent on protectionism for predominantly french farmers. That is before we start on the trade treaties.......

If you want unrestricted labour markets, then accept the economic consequences for the low skilled and don't bleat on about zero contracts and the living wage.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Poor effort from you EP.......as you well know the EU is all about protectionism, a huge chunk of the EU budget is spent on protectionism for predominantly french farmers. That is before we start on the trade treaties.......

If you want unrestricted labour markets, then accept the economic consequences for the low skilled and don't bleat on about zero contracts and the living wage.

It's not 'all' about protectionism though. That's a one eyed view.

You asked why so many Poles have moved to the UK and it was because there was a demand for their skills.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009

You asked why so many Poles have moved to the UK and it was because there was a demand for their skills.

Not that one eyed, the CAP is the biggest part of the EU budget, so on that measure protectionism is the number one priority for EU spending...........I am sure you can argue why it's an excellent use of UK taxpayers money.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/08/eu-budget-agriculture-idUSL5N0B82UW20130208

I didn't ask why so many Poles have moved here, I asked who benefitted from their arrival. Capitalists and Tories have done well, the British working class competing with them have not.

If the working class had of benefitted from unrestricted labour markets Labour would not constantly be apologising for getting migration wrong in power. As you evidently don't think they did get anything wrong and you support free market capitalism you must be a Tory. Nice one.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Not that one eyed, the CAP is the biggest part of the EU budget, so on that measure protectionism is the number one priority for EU spending...........I am sure you can argue why it's an excellent use of UK taxpayers money.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/08/eu-budget-agriculture-idUSL5N0B82UW20130208

I didn't ask why so many Poles have moved here, I asked who benefitted from their arrival. Capitalists and Tories have done well, the British working class competing with them have not.

If the working class had of benefitted from unrestricted labour markets Labour would not constantly be apologising for getting migration wrong in power. As you evidently don't think they did get anything wrong and you support free market capitalism you must be a Tory. Nice one.

The British working class who wanted a plumber benefitted from them.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Thank god for UKIP we really need the immigrant problem sorting out in that part of Essex.

http://www.ukcensusdata.com/tendring-e07000076#sthash.gIQYt6ds.dpbs

I live in Essex and it is undoubtably the most anti immigrant county I've ever come across mainly because 90% of the blighter e moved out of the east end because of:

A) the blitz
B) immigrants

No wonder the locals are suss about migrants seeing as they, more than anyone living in Brighton, have watched their communities in London go down the plug hole to be replaced by more "lively" cultural scenes.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

1: I agree totally that the CAP is inefficient, where can you show I've ever said different, it's as dumb as someone wanting incandescent light bulbs. The only people wanting them must owns shares in power companies, and don't give a hoot about the environment, Tories like you xx

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
1: I agree totally that the CAP is inefficient, where can you show I've ever said different, it's as dumb as someone wanting incandescent light bulbs. The only people wanting them must owns shares in power companies, and don't give a hoot about the environment, Tories like you xx

I'm sick to death of all these poles and Latvians coming over here with their sodding work ethic and superb skills. Bring back incompetent lazy British workers I say. We need a good load of strikes and rubbish to screw us over again.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
No wonder the locals are suss about migrants seeing as they, more than anyone living in Brighton, have watched their communities in London go down the plug hole to be replaced by more "lively" cultural scenes.

this isnt the full story though. the history of the east end has been one of waves of migrants coming in. those that left for kent, essex, sussex where often pretty pleased with themselves for getting out of the crapholes they lived in. seems retrospectivly they think they've lost something, however they didnt *have* to leave, or where they were rehoused, they could have returned over the decades before the current wave of immigrants took root in that area.

...it's as dumb as someone wanting incandescent light bulbs. The only people wanting them must owns shares in power companies, and don't give a hoot about the environment,

having replaced every damn energy saving bulb in my house/flat over the past 8 years, twice over and at far greater expense than incandesants, i believe the only people who want CLFs are the bulb manufacturers.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009

You said in post 557 that the EU is not all about protectionism, yet that is exactly what the CAP is about and to the tune of 363bn euros in next 6 years. It's not "inefficient" it's a protection racket that robs taxpayers twice, once via tax to the EU, then higher food prices. Anyone who supports an institution with such aggrandisement of the hard working taxpayers on this scale with so little democracy must be dumb (10 watts)......or a Tory.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
I'm sick to death of all these poles and Latvians coming over here with their sodding work ethic and superb skills. Bring back incompetent lazy British workers I say. We need a good load of strikes and rubbish to screw us over again.

Nice use of the term "death" in reference to the Latvians coming over..........10/10 for keeping up with current affairs.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
You said in post 557 that the EU is not all about protectionism, yet that is exactly what the CAP is about and to the tune of 363bn euros in next 6 years. It's not "inefficient" it's a protection racket that robs taxpayers twice, once via tax to the EU, then higher food prices. Anyone who supports an institution with such aggrandisement of the hard working taxpayers on this scale with so little democracy must be dumb (10 watts)......or a Tory.

I must be dumb anyway as I'm from a migrant family, never have or will vote Tory, too right wing for me and too left wing for you.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
There are a few things here I wonder about. Such as poorer countries entering the eu is seen, by some, as bad as it can cost us and there are immigrants (etc) but then why does the south east and London want the other poorer parts of the UK in the UK? Surely the same logic applies there?
Also my feeling is to asses if letting Poland into the EU is a success is to look at the overall effect. Is Europe as a whole better off? OK, maybe, the UK is a bit worse off but the increase in standards in Poland may be better and counter this? If we, as a continent, are in a net gain then surely it is good not bad?

Good post.

This surely depends on how you view yourself. If you view yourself as English and don't much care about everybody else then the net gain for Europe is of little consequence. If you consider your self part of Europe or part of a global community then you will take account of the European or global net gain when assessing success.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
having replaced every damn energy saving bulb in my house/flat over the past 8 years, twice over and at far greater expense than incandesants, i believe the only people who want CLFs are the bulb manufacturers.

Absolutely. Strange how these new 'wonder' bulbs are so more expensive than the incandesants ! Thanks to the EU I also have to redecorate more often since they forced the removal of a whitening chemical from gloss paint so it now goes yellow in a matter of months rather than years. I guess it keeps Polish decorators employed though.

Jan 30, 2008

really ,when things picked up in poland a lot of them went back, lots of students flooded over for casual seasonal work , it was all based on money making on the cheap
regards
DR

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
There are a few things here I wonder about. Such as poorer countries entering the eu is seen, by some, as bad as it can cost us and there are immigrants (etc) but then why does the south east and London want the other poorer parts of the UK in the UK? Surely the same logic applies there?
Also my feeling is to asses if letting Poland into the EU is a success is to look at the overall effect. Is Europe as a whole better off? OK, maybe, the UK is a bit worse off but the increase in standards in Poland may be better and counter this? If we, as a continent, are in a net gain then surely it is good not bad?

The UK has been a political state for hundreds of years, the EU only took on similar characteristics in the Lisbon Treaty.........you may recall that this was the treaty that Labour promised a referendum on.

If you support the distribution of wealth from the UK to poorer EU countries and think this is a good thing do you think the UK taxpayers should be asked first?

You are evidently quite comfortable with the UK being "a bit worse off" so long as other poorer parts of Europe are richer..........which is refreshingly honest, however do you think that proposition will be popular with the UK electorate?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Iv'e just got in from working a night shift, nearly nodded off on the one and a half hour drive home, i'll answer your tongue in cheek (hopefully) post about incompetent lazy British workers and the Eastern Europeans work ethic, which El Pres might be interested in, although it's not slate the Easterns, but a balanced view from my 40 years in the trade.....when iv'e had a kip, right now it's a Woods rum and some zzzzzzzzzzzzz :yawn:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here