Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK wasnt in a Double Dip Recession End of 2011 early 2012

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
So the ONS now report, maybe Gideon is a little more astute than many give him credit for, I would suggest he's done more to protect the economy of this country in the last 3 years than the previous administration in their entire time in the hot seat.

The ONS report said three key things from what I can see:

1) We did not enter into a double dip recession - this is, as you say, something Gideon can claim as a win
2) The original recession was deeper than first thought - this doesn't say anything about Gideon, happening before he took the job
3) The more recent figures have gotten worse - household disposable income dropped 1.7% at the start of this year, and the total growth since 2010 has been 1.1% (versus 6% expected). This is not a good reflection on Gideon.

It's a bit of a mixed bag for George really - though it maybe says something that the media have painted it as a win for him with the headline.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
So the ONS now report, maybe Gideon is a little more astute than many give him credit for, I would suggest he's done more to protect the economy of this country in the last 3 years than the previous administration in their entire time in the hot seat.

Zero to Hero on the back of an adjustment of 0.1%!! Forgetting of course that he inherited an economy that was actually growing!!!

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
That's correct. It also shows that the growth inherited by the coalition was stronger than first thought. It makes the strangling of that growth all the more disappointing

It would show that growth was even more out of control under Labour too..........thank **** they abolished the bust element of the economic cycle otherwise we would really be in trouble.

Dandyman

In London village.

Cool. Just plunging standards of living, falling real wages, spiralling rents and travel costs, the class cleansing of the inner cities, the attempted murder of the welfare state, food banks, a flat lining economy, banks still getting away with murder, handouts for the rich and **** all for the rest of us to worry about then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here