Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK TV is OFFICIALLY Rubbish

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Plenty of quality stuff on British Telly, you just have to get out of the habit of scheduled tv and switch to Iplayer and such. American TV is largely horseshit. A few independent channels that don't need to adhere to programming length, violence, nudity, foul language like HBO. But their regular tv is shocking. In fact British TV is probably the best in the world.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
On the plus side, Gogglebox is back tomorrow night :clap:

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I can confirm Australian tv is worse than shit.

What he said, but it is the main reason that I got back into music again.
I had to fill the void, did a great open air gig with a crowd of up to 2000 last Sunday evening.
I'll try to post a pic.
Had to play under flood lights.:mad:
Concert in the park 2014.jpg

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
Wow....for once I agree with your comment! Seriously for the time I was out there the only thing I watched in it's entirety was 'Underbelly'. Tried watching cricket, but to break for adverts during an over made it impossible, do they still do it?

Not during but between overs and with every other sport, it so bloody annoying. I watch a lot of UKTV, History & National Geographic because almost anything else is just American crap and neither they or the Aussies can do comedy quiet like the British.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Not during but between overs and with every other sport, it so bloody annoying. I watch a lot of UKTV, History & National Geographic because almost anything else is just American crap and neither they or the Aussies can do comedy quiet like the British.

they do put as on at the climax of films, leaving about 30 seconds left before the credits. At least they used to I don't really watch films on TV because they take too long.

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
they do put as on at the climax of films, leaving about 30 seconds left before the credits. At least they used to I don't really watch films on TV because they take too long.

Which is why I record any films I may want to see and watch them another time when I can skip the adds. Corporate greed has ruined tv here and in the States, it can take up to 50mins to watch a 30 min show here because there's so many add breaks and then there's programme sponsorship which also does my head in.
Imagine sitting down in the UK to watch Coronation Street and before it starts you get, this programme is proudly brought to you by B&Q, Birds Eye & Marks & Spencer, just wouldn't happen.

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Chasers War is brilliant. My introduction was a half hour compilation of their stuff on a BA flight to the states. They did the 'Will you divorce me? one, the 'Cracked Pepper sir?' the bloke trying to buy stuff in shops with a stocking on his head and the man trying to get into the boot of the taxi.

A half bottle of wine plus holiday spirit led to snot, tears and missus telling me to turn it off or stop laughing so much :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here