Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK rules out military action in Iraq.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Just over 11 years ago we turned Iraq into a war zone and removed the one leader who could have prevented all this from happening. Well now it's happening, we're to blame, and we won't go near it. We completely shat on that country and left it to rot, didn't we.

As someone who marched against this ridiculous war in the first place, I almost feel we owe it to the Iraqi people to make an effort to protect their constitutional democracy now. It's an absolute mess, as we said it would be 11 years ago.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Trouble with the consitutional democracy that we have imposed on the country, is that the Shia now dominates the government, despite not being the most populace....Maliki has got rid of all his opponents, and sunni have had a turn at being discriminated against
If we take sides with the Shia, against the Sunni, who are the the majority of muslims, in the country, and world wide, we will be seen even more of an enemy. Its for the best we steer well clear...our contributions traidtionally cause a lot more shit than help.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Trouble with the consitutional democracy that we have imposed on the country, is that the Shia now dominates the government, despite not being the most populace....Maliki has got rid of all his opponents, and sunni have had a turn at being discriminated against
If we take sides with the Shia, against the Sunni, who are the the majority of muslims, in the country, and world wide, we will be seen even more of an enemy. Its for the best we steer well clear...our contributions traidtionally cause a lot more shit than help.
This post proves just how much you DONT know, the shia are a majority in Iraq, not the sunni, you really are a clown :facepalm:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Sunni consider Shia a modern cult, and not true believers etc...... just another prophet.
ISIS have been executing Shia's for fun for the last year or so....they dont take prisoners.

I thought the Shia was the original cult, but because the Prophet Muhammad wanted to hand his prophet status down through his family, not all Muslims agreed with this and they killed his family after his death to stop this happening, and they became Sunni Muslims.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
This post proves just how much you DONT know, the shia are a majority in Iraq, not the sunni, you really are a clown :facepalm:

Says a wanker whose contribution to the thread so far has been a sonny and cher joke...

anyway, for your education....its just a matter of where you get your facts from..
Islam 99% (Shi'a 60%-65%, Sunni 32%-37%), Christianity 0.8%,

I love the fact, that you dont even have to try hard to look a ****. Respect is due.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Yes. But he violated the oil...sorry..sovereignty of Kuwait. How are Americans going to go on driving Enormous cars if every despot in the middle east goes around pinching the sovereignty of Shell and BP?

by using north American shale oil? you need to keep up, US are importing less and getting alot from Canada and Venezuela. also need to remember some of the history of the first Iraq war, Saudi's practically begged the US to come and assist them and protect them from a marauding Saddam, they offered to pay all expenses of that massive deployment. Saudi is indeed the one to watch here, to see if they are backing ISIS or bricking it, do they have any influence or control over them.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Says a wanker whose contribution to the thread so far has been a sonny and cher joke...

anyway, for your education.
Islam 99% (Shi'a 60%-65%, Sunni 32%-37%), Christianity 0.8%,

I love the fact, that you dont even gave to try hard to look a ****. Respect is due.
Someone's feeling a bit silly aren't they ? Your JAWDROPPING ignorance of the facts on a subject you've been pontificating on is hilarious :lolol: trying to tell us that the Sunnis are a majority :lolol: you dunce !!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I thought the Shia was the original cult, but because the Prophet Muhammad wanted to hand his prophet status down through his family, not all Muslims agreed with this and they killed his family after his death to stop this happening, and they became Sunni Muslims.

that's the problem with squabbling religious factions, they both think they are right when they are both wrong. ban them.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Someone's feeling a bit silly aren't they ? Your JAWDROPPING ignorance of the facts on a subject you've been pontificating on is hilarious :lolol: trying to tell us that the Sunnis are a majority :lolol: you dunce !!

Ive seen different figures....if it helps you through your day, lets say yours are correct....I know it means a lot to you....
You stupid ****.

Pontificating?... saying we shoudnt be involved is 'pontificating'.....you really are a stupid **** for real. Its a shame you didnt have the balls when I was in Brighton.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Iraq

Last edited:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Ive seen different figures....if it helps you through your day, lets say yours are correct....I know it means a lot to you....
You stupid ****.

Pontificating?... saying we shoudnt be involved is 'pontificating'.....you really are a stupid **** for real.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Iraq
Hang on a minute , let's get this straight , did you, or did you not state that Sunnis are the majority in Iraq ?? Be truthful in your answer because its a tad late to go back and do your usual edit . I then pulled you up on your schoolboy error, which was fundamental to the whole argument, you then start claiming to have seen "different figures" , I'm beginning to think that you're that comical Ali bloke posting under the username Dave in Prague :facepalm: even the link you've added shows that shia are a majority :lolol:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Yes, I did make a mistake Bushy...you ok with that?
That doesnt make you less of a stupid ****, or bottle job really, does it

Whoever is the majority, the west should stay out of it.

Got anymore ''great' jokes to add to the thread, or was that it?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
that's the problem with squabbling religious factions, they both think they are right when they are both wrong. ban them.

I find it strange that if Sunni Muslims didn't agree with Muhammad's wishes of handing his status down through his family, this should mean that they shouldn't believe that he was a true Prophet at all. I don't understand how they can kill his family and still believe he is a true Prophet when they don't fully believe his word in this one regard. You either believe everything he said or you don't.

And that said, if you are a Prophet it is not something that you can hand down like a dynasty so Muhammad didn't act like a true prophet. So yes there is a massive contradiction between the two sects.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
by using north American shale oil? you need to keep up, US are importing less and getting alot from Canada and Venezuela. also need to remember some of the history of the first Iraq war, Saudi's practically begged the US to come and assist them and protect them from a marauding Saddam, they offered to pay all expenses of that massive deployment. Saudi is indeed the one to watch here, to see if they are backing ISIS or bricking it, do they have any influence or control over them.

It's true that the US has gone balls out to unshackle themselves from the Arabs but there is still a major shortfall between what they can get from domestic sources and what comes in from OPEC.

The Mid East is still hugely important for the developed economies.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
I find it strange that if Sunni Muslims didn't agree with Muhammad's wishes of handing his status down through his family, this should mean that they shouldn't believe that he was a true Prophet at all. I don't understand how they can kill his family and still believe he is a true Prophet when they don't fully believe his word in this one regard. You either believe everything he said or you don't.

And that said, if you are a Prophet it is not something that you can hand down like a dynasty so Muhammad didn't act like a true prophet. So yes there is a massive contradiction between the two sects.

Careful with the "Mohammed not acting like a prophet" opinions. There's a beheading waiting for loose talkers like you.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Careful with the "Mohammed not acting like a prophet" opinions. There's a beheading waiting for loose talkers like you.

I think you are also doomed for spelling his name wrong :lolol:

But the real question is can a Prophet create his own dynasty? But then I can argue back to myself and say a Prophet should be able to do anything he wants?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
If I genuinely thought our government were sending troops to these places solely to help the human rights of the civilian population I would be 100% behind action. It muddies the waters somewhat when you take into account our business interests in these places.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
If I genuinely thought our government were sending troops to these places solely to help the human rights of the civilian population I would be 100% behind action. It muddies the waters somewhat when you take into account our business interests in these places.

Yep, totally agree. But it should be within the UN blue helmet setup not individual countries. The UN was called United Nations for a good reason.

The biggest problem is that we undermined the UN organisation in 2003, and from what I have not heard about them since, our action weakened them on the world stage and their will has been quashed. We destroyed the UN philosophy the day we went into Iraq.

Last edited:

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
I think you are also doomed for spelling his name wrong :lolol:

But the real question is can a Prophet create his own dynasty? But then I can argue back to myself and say a Prophet should be able to do anything he wants?

His name, peace be upon him, is spelt in many different ways Mahomet, Mohamed, Muhammed to name but three.

It's all academic what he wanted because its all bollocks anyway. If he wanted to "keep it in the family" he should have explicitly said that. He didn't. His family claimed he wanted that but the others said he had entrusted the faith to them. It's been totally screwed ever since.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here