Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] UK rail passengers face biggest rise for five years

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Been wondering about this now I’m only commuting 1-2 days a week. I work in the Wharf, so usually get the train to London Bridge and then the Jubilee line. What got me thinking was the West Ham game, where I drove to the O2 in the morning so I had the car nearby to get home after the game. Took me about the same length of time to drive in as the train. Even with parking at £20 or so it wouldn’t be any more expensive. Might try it out once or twice and see how it goes.

£5 to park all day at Westfield. Park in car park B and you are right by Stratford tube to come back on. That would obviously mean going through the Blackwall tunnel though which is the worst part of the journey. That said the turn off for the o2 is a fair way down that queue.

I let my Sat Nav decide which way I go depending on the traffic. A2 is the quickest but it can be slow going in the morning. A20 is a bit further and has a lot more lights but does usually keep moving. It even took me up through Swanley and Bexley the other morning which worked really well as it put me on the A2 at pretty where the accident that was slowing down was.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
£5 to park all day at Westfield. Park in car park B and you are right by Stratford tube to come back on. That would obviously mean going through the Blackwall tunnel though which is the worst part of the journey. That said the turn off for the o2 is a fair way down that queue.

I let my Sat Nav decide which way I go depending on the traffic. A2 is the quickest but it can be slow going in the morning. A20 is a bit further and has a lot more lights but does usually keep moving. It even took me up through Swanley and Bexley the other morning which worked really well as it put me on the A2 at pretty where the accident that was slowing down was.

Thanks.....Westfield is in the wrong direction really, need to look for somewhere South of the river to avoid going through the tunnel. Somewhere around the O2 is ideal, only 1 tube stop to work.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here