Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK net migration hits record high

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I haven't got a clue, was just interested to know :shrug:

Nor have I ! Whilst I can't really say that I am that interested or even bothered, just as matter of interest, can anyone say that they can recognise the sect by the building? I lived in Reading for a year and recall the Oxford Road area -it was mainly Victorian terraced streets, so wonder if anything was pulled down for this building. From my recollection, it would not really fit in, but that is of course a matter of opinion.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
How many Mosques, Islamic schools, Halal butchers and women do you see completely covered up in Brighton? hardly any and that's the biggest difference here. I personally felt uncomfortable by it. Like I have said, until you live in such areas your views will be completely different to those who have.

Sure, I understand Brighton is different but there are lots of white areas around the country that we wouldn't feel comfortable in as well.

I do have concerns with what is going on and I don't like religion anyway.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Nor have I ! Whilst I can't really say that I am that interested or even bothered, just as matter of interest, can anyone say that they can recognise the sect by the building? I lived in Reading for a year and recall the Oxford Road area -it was mainly Victorian terraced streets, so wonder if anything was pulled down for this building. From my recollection, it would not really fit in, but that is of course a matter of opinion.
Well the old battle hospital was pulled down years ago for houses and a huge tesco....The mosque is on the side of the old entrance.
The Oxford road is mostly polish now

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Nice building really. This sort of place looks like it won't be teaching extreme Islam. Probably a positive thing :shrug:

Interesting point, is there any version of Islam that is capable of integrating into a 21st century western liberal democracy .:shrug:

D

Deleted member 22389

Sure, I understand Brighton is different but there are lots of white areas around the country that we wouldn't feel comfortable in as well.

I do have concerns with what is going on and I don't like religion anyway.

My opinions where completely different 12 years ago. I suppose you need to see the extent of full blown immigration and how culture and religion completely changes some areas of a town. When you feel like your living in a different country then you have problems.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
That's immediately improved the architecture of Reading by several notches.
Actually new buildings are being built at a rate of knots especially in the town centre where the station road is being completely redeveloped and that awful grey eye sore tower block is being demolished right now.
It's called progressing and modernising and other towns should take note....The more company's you can attract to the town the more jobs you'll get and reading is very good at this.

Also IKEA are building right now on the old utopia nightclub spot...will open in the summer creating another 500 jobs:D

Wether you like reading or not it's very prosperous and moves with the times.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
My opinions where completely different 12 years ago. I suppose you need to see the extent of full blown immigration and how culture and religion completely changes some areas of a town. When you feel like your living in a different country then you have problems.

Interesting that you say 12 years ago, which takes us back to 2003. We didn't have a Muslim problem until then, they were just people who dressed differently.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Actually new buildings are being built at a rate of knots especially in the town centre where the station road is being completely redeveloped and that awful grey eye sore tower block is being demolished right now.
It's called progressing and modernising and other towns should take note....The more company's you can attract to the town the more jobs you'll get and reading is very good at this.

Also IKEA are building right now on the old utopia nightclub spot...will open in the summer creating another 500 jobs:D

Wether you like reading or not it's very prosperous and moves with the times.

I worked on the Ramada Hotel when it was built in 1983, i digged on Caversham Rd, is the hotel still standing.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Iran had a democratically elected Prime Minister in 1951 but because he wanted to nationalise the oil, the CIA and Britain organised a coup and replaced him with the Shah :shrug:

That's all very interesting but what has it got to do with the compatibility of Islamic teaching in 21st century Britain ?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
That's all very interesting but what has it got to do with the compatibility of Islamic teaching in 21st century Britain ?

Did you forget what your question was?

You asked me about them being able to integrate into a 21st century western democracy, that’s what my answer has got to do with.

Now you are asking about compatibility of Islamic teaching in 21st century Britain as if it were the question you asked and I avoided answering :lolol: :mad:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here