Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK net migration hits record high

D

Deleted member 22389

Omg haven't you lot got anything better to do than carry on this pointless argument

Immigration has contributed to the housing shortage, immigration has created a need to employ more doctors, nurses in the NHS because more people use it, immigration has created the need to build more schools because of the increased birth rate, it's not hard to understand why this argument is never put to bed.
When the government makes cuts at the same, it's not because they are being nasty, it's because there is not enough money going back in to the system. The country is in debt and there is more money going out in benefit payments than ever before.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Immigration has contributed to the housing shortage, immigration has created a need to employ more doctors, nurses in the NHS because more people use it, immigration has created the need to build more schools because of the increased birth rate, it's not hard to understand why this argument is never put to bed.
When the government makes cuts at the same, it's not because they are being nasty, it's because there is not enough money going back in to the system. The country is in debt and there is more money going out in benefit payments than ever before.
The country has plenty of money, there's billions and billions of pounds tied up in filthy rich pockets, we're just told that we're skint and left to squabble amongst each other, building more schools, hospitals, houses creates more jobs and more communities which in turn will bring in more tax's, sort out the 300,000 empty properties or whatever the figure is, I agree there should be a limit on immigration but there's other things to be focusing on

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia

As well as increasing the prison population .

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Sudan...ourt-accused/story-27915028-detail/story.html

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
The country has plenty of money, there's billions and billions of pounds tied up in filthy rich pockets, we're just told that we're skint and left to squabble amongst each other, building more schools, hospitals, houses creates more jobs and more communities which in turn will bring in more tax's, sort out the 300,000 empty properties or whatever the figure is, I agree there should be a limit on immigration but there's other things to be focusing on

I don't think anyone would argue that there are several pressing issues facing the country, and probably always will be, even allowing for your exaggeration. It just so happens that this thread is about immigration, the scale of which clearly worries the British people, and so you would reasonably expect there to be comments related to this. If you wish to debate other issues, there are currently other relevant threads in operation and so your course of action is really quite obvious.

D

Deleted member 22389

You have got to look at what you can, and what you can't do. The facts are, the filthy rich pockets whoever they are will not be giving out any free money, the developers are not going to be lowering the house prices unless there is a massive crash, employers are not going to increase their wages when they have a steady stream of cheap Labour willing to do more for less, and the government is not going to let you earn more money than somebody who goes out to work, nobody is going to help.

What will make things better in my opinion is lowering the numbers of people that want to come here. People can't complain about a widening gap between rich & poor and about their being less opportunity at the same time as supporting mass immigration. You have to reduce one to make all the other factors better. 300,000+ people a year is far too many people.

Last edited by a moderator:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
never mind daves going to build some more prisons
Seeing as we have our own bred criminals and the prisons are topped up with many immigrants as well, it might be a good idea to cut immigration. In fact if the open door policy of Labour and now Tory had been addressed many years ago then many new prisons might not have been needed.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

Could you share what you feel might be the consequences of the 4 million immigrants/migrants/illegals on all of those issues ??

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Seeing as we have our own bred criminals and the prisons are topped up with many immigrants as well, it might be a good idea to cut immigration. In fact if the open door policy of Labour and now Tory had been addressed many years ago then many new prisons might not have been needed.

In the ten years between 2004 and 2014 there had been an increase in British Nationals in prison from 64,379 to 73,999. The increase in foreigners in the same period was 8,942 to 10,834. I don't think they wouldn't have been needed.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/.../prison-population-2014.xls

So cheap labour and mass immigration is not keeping the wages down and house property high due to the shortage of property. ..Ok.

Funnily enough one of my best mates is an Estate Agent in a rural part of Sussex and another is an estate agent in an area that covers West Hove. Portslade and Southwick. It's been pretty well determined on here that these areas do not have an immigration problem - just ask Bushy - and yet property is going through the roof. The current issue in both areas IS lack of supply but not due to immigration. It's due to people not putting property on the market.Property prices in areas with high immigration meanwhile - let's take Luton, High Wycombe and Crawley as examples - are much lower. How do you explain that? And if we're flooded with cheap labour why isn't that cheap labour building cheap houses? What's it doing?

D

Deleted member 22389

In the ten years between 2004 and 2014 there had been an increase in British Nationals in prison from 64,379 to 73,999. The increase in foreigners in the same period was 8,942 to 10,834. I don't think they wouldn't have been needed.

Funnily enough one of my best mates is an Estate Agent in a rural part of Sussex and another is an estate agent in an area that covers West Hove. Portslade and Southwick. It's been pretty well determined on here that these areas do not have an immigration problem - just ask Bushy - and yet property is going through the roof. The current issue in both areas IS lack of supply but not due to immigration. It's due to people not putting property on the market.Property prices in areas with high immigration meanwhile - let's take Luton, High Wycombe and Crawley as examples - are much lower. How do you explain that? And if we're flooded with cheap labour why isn't that cheap labour building cheap houses? What's it doing?

Our property in Luton was sold to migrants, same as the one next door because we both left the area at the same time. There was a demand for housing then and that was 3 years ago.
When I was living in Luton most of the properties where sold to either Asians, Africans or Eastern Europeans.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Well there you have it, British nationals in prison have risen just under 10,000 in ten years so take off the 10,000+ foreigners as you stated and we are back to the British nationals figure of 2004 when we did not need more prisons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here