Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK net migration hits record high

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Omg haven't you lot got anything better to do than carry on this pointless argument

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Plenty of other threads to look at if you are not interested in this one.

Meanwhile.........

There's far bigger issues going on in the world to be licking Nigel's a*se every 5 minutes

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
There's far bigger issues going on in the world to be licking Nigel's a*se every 5 minutes

Most of the bigger issues ARE discussed on here, but you seem to come out with the "pointless argument" on most of these, perhaps stick to your witty comments.
As you don't vote because it is a waste of time in your opinion, and have no real interest, just post on what does interest you....simple really.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Most of the bigger issues ARE discussed on here, but you seem to come out with the "pointless argument" on most of these, perhaps stick to your witty comments.
As you don't vote because it is a waste of time in your opinion, and have no real interest, just post on what does interest you....simple really.
Yeah alright, good luck with your quest[emoji106]

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
She talks a good game but presides over a system letting in net 300k + last year. I think the Conservative leadership have one last chance with the pre referendum negotiations. If they fail to get any real concessions on border controls/limiting free movement of people an out vote becomes a real possibility.
l

Whatever Cameron gets in the way of concessions on Europe, there is zero possibility of the rules regarding free movement of labour being changed.

The only concessions he can possibly get are to limit benefits for those entering the UK from the EU. Limiting child benefit, housing benefit, council tax benefit etc.

I've always been firmly in the 'in' camp, as our company exports to Europe, and it is certainly easier if the country you're exporting to is in the EU, but over the past year I've moved and am now on the fence regarding an exit from the EU.

Why? I see two of the biggest issues facing the country as youth unemployment, and the 'housing crisis' (although we do have 800,000 empty houses in the UK)

Youth unemployment, and the pressure on wages for the young and low paid, is clearly influenced by an oversupply of cheap Eastern European labour.

Housing - Cameron wants to build 200,000 'affordable' houses in the next five years. When you've got net migration of +300,000 a year, it's simply not enough.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
l

Whatever Cameron gets in the way of concessions on Europe, there is zero possibility of the rules regarding free movement of labour being changed.

The only concessions he can possibly get are to limit benefits for those entering the UK from the EU. Limiting child benefit, housing benefit, council tax benefit etc.

I've always been firmly in the 'in' camp, as our company exports to Europe, and it is certainly easier if the country you're exporting to is in the EU, but over the past year I've moved and am now on the fence regarding an exit from the EU.

Why? I see two of the biggest issues facing the country as youth unemployment, and the 'housing crisis' (although we do have 800,000 empty houses in the UK)

Youth unemployment, and the pressure on wages for the young and low paid, is clearly influenced by an oversupply of cheap Eastern European labour.

Housing - Cameron wants to build 200,000 'affordable' houses in the next five years. When you've got net migration of +300,000 a year, it's simply not enough.

You stated your "company exports to Europe", and you are "now on the fence", maybe this view below is very one sided, it has probably got counter views...but worth a look imo.

http://getbritainout.org/eu-myths-facts/

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
l

Until recently I would have agreed with you on there not being any chance of limiting free movement but the mass migration/refugee crisis hitting the EU may shift a few positions (even Germany) towards allowing member states more control. Still very unlikely I know and Cameron will spin any limited concessions he does get as a resounding triumph.

I like you have shifted my position, being part of a trading block seems essential in a globalised market place but the price we are paying with mass immigration leading to numerous stresses and pressures on public services, employment chances, housing as well as cultural/societal problems is too higher price IMO. Still not fully decided, but now see voting out as a real option.

Hear a lot about EU red tape,regulations causing problems how does your company find it ?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
uploadfromtaptalk1444254118097.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here