Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK net migration hits record high

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Apparently it's Syrians fleeing,but you're getting all nations arriving...weird
I'm sure they're all lovely people really:glare:
People know what the EU laws are regarding refuges and migrants and asylum seekers when entering the EU and will continue to flock for many a year now.

The EU cronies haven't got a clue and don't give a shite what happens as long as they like many get their big fat pay packet.
1 billion ponds is going towards these refuges from EU countries and you have to wonder what the hell the EU do with the 10's of billions they receive from EU countries....bloody shocking.

"continue to flock"

Interesting graphic on that

http://greenmediabox.eu/syrianrefugees/

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
They're not dots.

Yes, Ok, they are not dots - I can see they are supposed to be people. I assume you have again been desperately searching for something to prolong this with something that mentions convenient numbers. Did not Hungary try to put them into camps to register them and faced massive resistance, as they wanted richer pickings to the North? So what evidence is there that the migrants would even have wanted to be re-settled in those awful countries blacklisted. So, whilst one could I suppose criticise these countries for their poor response, it seems rather hypocritical, given they would never have been the final destination anyway.
Yes, the vast majority do seem to go through dangerous routes, but are they -or you - suggesting that eg we set up a pier in Libya and take them all in an ordered way in British ships to Europe? Steady stream throughout the summer, and next year and next and next and what guarantee would there be that they would only be from Syria? Even you might like to suggest a cut-off point. How many millions? 5? 8? 10? or perhaps more? Afterall, you did very kindly suggest that they could be spread around Europe.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Yes, Ok, they are not dots - I can see they are supposed to be people. I assume you have again been desperately searching for something to prolong this with something that mentions convenient numbers. Did not Hungary try to put them into camps to register them and faced massive resistance, as they wanted richer pickings to the North? So what evidence is there that the migrants would even have wanted to be re-settled in those awful countries blacklisted. So, whilst one could I suppose criticise these countries for their poor response, it seems rather hypocritical, given they would never have been the final destination anyway.
Yes, the vast majority do seem to go through dangerous routes, but are they -or you - suggesting that eg we set up a pier in Libya and take them all in an ordered way in British ships to Europe? Steady stream throughout the summer, and next year and next and next and what guarantee would there be that they would only be from Syria? Even you might like to suggest a cut-off point. How many millions? 5? 8? 10? or perhaps more? Afterall, you did very kindly suggest that they could be spread around Europe.

Missing the point again HG?

For all the people "continuing to flock" to Europe there are far more "flocking" elsewhere.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

For all the people "continuing to flock" to Europe there are far more "flocking" elsewhere.
You just dont get it do you ? SO WHAT ?? most people couldnt care less about 'elsewhere' , its HERE that they care about :facepalm:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You just dont get it do you ? SO WHAT ?? most people couldnt care less about 'elsewhere' , its HERE that they care about :facepalm:

No I don't get that, you are quite right.

I don't agree that most people only care bout 'here'. I think you are doing that speaking on behalf of others thing again.

Maybe you think like that and that is your prerogative. Although you have to accept that you are going to sound like a Little Englander NIMBY if you do :)

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

What total nonsense. The article does not talk about elsewhere at all, just that Europe should do more, and lists those countries within Europe that do not. No one disputes that countries such as Turkey have millions, but that is not the point here -just what you think is implied.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
What total nonsense. The article does not talk about elsewhere at all, just that Europe should do more, and lists those countries within Europe that do not. No one disputes that countries such as Turkey have millions, but that is not the point here -just what you think is implied.

:facepalm:

You are obviously on a wind up again.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
:facepalm:

You are obviously on a wind up again.

Yes, when it comes to all sorts of nice and cosy numbers, you come to the fore, When asked for the real nitty gritty, you avoid it, as ever. I posed questions in post 2601, to which pointedly you did not, or could not respond.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Yes, when it comes to all sorts of nice and cosy numbers, you come to the fore, When asked for the real nitty gritty, you avoid it, as ever. I posed questions in post 2601, to which pointedly you did not, or could not respond.

Well lets face it, if i did respond you would find a way to misunderstand. I would have to explain the answer to each question three different times, re-quoting my answers over and over. As your questions had little to do with the point I was making (if any) I am afraid I just don't have the time or inclination to get involved in answering them.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
No I don't get that, you are quite right.

I don't agree that most people only care bout 'here'. I think you are doing that speaking on behalf of others thing again.

Maybe you think like that and that is your prerogative. Although you have to accept that you are going to sound like a Little Englander NIMBY if you do :)

Can I bring you down to real life please. I think you will find that that is exactly what most folk care about. They lead busy lives, and worry about families, jobs, income and their immediate area. Obviously they see things on the news and you cannot fail to be saddened by what you see when young children are in distress, but there is a limit to which one can possibly be expected to "care". Large sums of money are often collected in the UK for victims of disasters, but that is often the limit to which folk care. Inevitably, what concerns most folk is what happens here in the UK - this is quite logical and perfectly understandable, and if you live in a town that already has a large immigrant population, you are wary of more coming with its risks regarding infrastructure, and social cohesion. IT is NOT necessarily an example of Little Englander, as you arrogantly claim. It is what we call real life.

Looking again at your highlighted sentence, you take the post to task for assuming that he is speaking for others -you are doing exactly the same!

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Well lets face it, if i did respond you would find a way to misunderstand. I would have to explain the answer to each question three different times, re-quoting my answers over and over. As your questions had little to do with the point I was making (if any) I am afraid I just don't have the time or inclination to get involved in answering them.

The questions had everything to do with the point you were making about Europe not doing enough - the reality, of course, is that you cannot answer them, and of course then try to fudge the issues with the now customary pompous ramblings that you would need to explain things over and over again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here