Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK net migration hits record high

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

it is fair play to the bloke. tbh though if I was as rich as Eric and had a property on my portfolio empty that I could give out rent free I would probably do the same for one of the genuine refugee families that UK policy of targeting people in the camps identifies .Most people of wealth who are sympathetic to this issue are no doubt offering up properties on their books as available or even renting new properties and negotiating sub lets to help out as we speak.
how many of us have that luxury?

I expect the likes of Corbyn, Sturgeon and Cooper who have all said they will do their bit will also announce soon they have made final arrangements to house those coming in from Syria in spare properties or newly rented premises . Im sure their promises were genuine and not ideologically or politically motivated.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Try. However, maybe something a little more dramatic. With words such as murder, massacre, kill. Like the picture we are talking about. You seem to be going for something quite lame.

havent the Police clamped down on those sort of ultra extreme banners? They can only now think or talk about their extremes not portray them in public

im not going for anything lame at all, I don’t consider placards like

ban democracy implement sharia
islam will dominate the world
muslims will destroy the crusaders
muslims rise up establish sharia

and all the other associated crud as simply lame by your definition at all, I find these type provocative, confrontational and extremist and on an equal footing as those calling for death

you carry on thinking they are lame and nothing to be concerned about.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I think you are reading a little too much into my post. I am glad cantona (and anyone who does a bit) is helping people out, I am not commenting on what anyone else does. I wish I could do more but I am in a similar financial position as you.

Whilst you are not directly commenting on what anyone else does, it is indeed hard to interpret your post any other way, as a dig, particularly as you also wrote something to the effect that "wight-wingers" lack compassion. Given that the post has claimed financial hardship, which you also claim to suffer from, and I am not disputing this for one moment, you can now see that that assertion from you was crude, to put it mildly.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
havent the Police clamped down on those sort of ultra extreme banners? They can only now think or talk about their extremes not portray them in public

im not going for anything lame at all, I don’t consider placards like

ban democracy implement sharia
islam will dominate the world
muslims will destroy the crusaders
muslims rise up establish sharia

and all the other associated crud as simply lame by your definition at all, I find these type provocative, confrontational and extremist and on an equal footing as those calling for death

you carry on thinking they are lame and nothing to be concerned about.

Yes, but as we are discussing placards that actually break the law, and not those that offend your own personal sensibilities or beliefs, your entire post is irrelevant.
The reason they are being discussed is, that some posters on NSC are of the belief that the ultra extreme placards are current. They are not, and some people are projecting this myth to promote religious bigotry.

Last edited:

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Yes, but as we are discussing placards that actually break the law, and not your own personal wishes or beliefs, your entire post is irrelevant.
The reason they are being discussed is, that some posters on NSC are of the belief that the ultra extreme placards are current. They are not, and people are projecting this myth to promote religious bigotry. Big help.

Sorry Dave , I couldn't find any images from today , I guess these don't count .

Attachments

• protest1.jpg
    protest1.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 69
  • protest2.jpg
    protest2.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 68
  • protest3.jpg
    protest3.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 69
  • protest5.jpg
    protest5.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 67
  • protest6.jpg
    protest6.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 69
  • protest7.jpg
    protest7.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 68
  • protest8.jpg
    protest8.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 68
  • protest9.jpg
    protest9.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 68
  • protest4.jpg
    protest4.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 68

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
hahaha Thanks for posting the pictures from 2006 for me. Try and keep up. Maybe even read what people are discussing before you make a prat of yourself.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Yes, but as we are discussing placards that actually break the law, and not those that offend your own personal sensibilities or beliefs, your entire post is irrelevant.
The reason they are being discussed is, that some posters on NSC are of the belief that the ultra extreme placards are current. They are not, and some people are projecting this myth to promote religious bigotry.

Right, so you're saying since they changed the law they have stopped with the placards, and this makes it okay? Do you think these muslims have changed their views since?

The following link shows a series of photographs taken during a 2006 protest staged in London by Muslims. I would consider 9 years ago to be recent in the grand scheme of things. It's not like this was many generations ago, these people most certainly still live in our country, and still have these views.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/politics/muslimprotest.asp

Now, i'm not saying that every single Muslim shares these views, i never have, but this hatred is in the name of the religion. This is why myself and many, many others do not want this religion in our country.

As for your earlier point about the majority of muslims intergrating into our culture, well i would disagree. They live very different cultures. Try going to a town which has a large Muslim community and getting meat that is not Halal.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
We still lost the battle at Isandlwana. No, breeding wasn't specifically the Zulus strategy against us but it was certainly key to out numbering their own competitive tribes before then :mad:

Now tell me more about your example of the Spartans, because although they were arguably the best warriors in the ancient world they were already non existent in 371 BC. The number of Spartas was drastically reduced and it was almost impossible to raise another professional soldier race. Any who were left were assimilated by Athenian society and were outbred without trace.

Moses was in the desert for 40 years building an army through breeding. It was pure military strategy to sit in the desert and build two generations of new soldiers to fight.

The Catholic Church of old did it. They used the fear of ‘Onanism’ in order to have people procreate as many children as ‘God wanted’. Back then the Church was militaristic and higher numbers in the church would have processed into higher numbers of ‘holy warriors’.

The Protestants did it as well. It wasn’t until the 1900s that most Protestant churches changed their mind that birth control was a sin. They knew higher numbers would mean more soldiers and more wealth.

Hitler did it. He had ‘Mother’ medals.

Israel understands that it will be outnumbered and they understand breeding as a weapon.

The Pope recently called for Europeans to have more children - (to counter the growing Muslim population)

Shiv Sena asks Hindus to have more children – (to counter the growing Muslim population)

Yasser Arafat said that the most important weapon of the Arabs is the “Arab womb,” the motto being: “If we can’t defeat them in war, let’s outbreed them.

Houari Boumédienne, Algeria’s ruler until his death in 1978, said in 1974 “One day, millions of men will leave the Southern Hemisphere to go to the Northern Hemisphere. And they will not go there as friends. Because they will go there to conquer it. And they will conquer it with their sons. The wombs of our women will give us victory.

Book 11, Number 2045: Narrated Ma'qil ibn Yasar:
A man came to the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) and said: I have found a woman of rank and beauty, but she does not give birth to children. Should I marry her? He said: No. He came again to him, but he prohibited him. He came to him third time, and he (the Prophet) said: Marry women who are loving and very prolific, for I shall outnumber the peoples by you.

The prophet (saw) not only encouraged marriage but he encouraged marrying those women who are child-bearing. He stated: "marry the loving, child-bearing women for I shall have the largest numbers among the prophets on the day of Resurrection."

Khomeini called for Muslims to procreate more Muslims. ‘An Islamic Regime must be serious in every field … ‘ (including the field of breeding) More Muslims means more power. More Muslims means more soldiers.

Halperin noted that both Jews and Arabs have long viewed children as an important weapon in their long-standing national conflict, a fact that has shaped government policy in both Israel and the Palestinian territories.

So do you still categorically deny that breeding is a strategy that has been used throughout human history? :laugh:

The 'mistake' you are making with all the examples you give is that they are all examples of calls to increase the 'home' population with the exception of that made by Houari Boumédienne, which in any case was a prediction rather than the advocacy of a strategy. There seems to be a general assumption that second and third generations of immigrants follow the same religion and culture of their parents and grandparents.

The evidence is that the family size of these later generations actually falls to a level more in line with the overall birth rate - as regards religion, whilst children do tend to follow that of their parents and there are examples of some of these children being more 'devout' than their parents the general trend is for them to take a far more liberal attitude.

Any call for Muslims in the West to 'breed' faster in order to gain 'power', even if any notice is taken of the call, is likely to be self defeating as it will only produce more individuals with greater ties to their country of birth rather than that of their parents or grandparents.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Right, so you're saying since they changed the law they have stopped with the placards, and this makes it okay? Do you think these muslims have changed their views since?

The following link shows a series of photographs taken during a 2006 protest staged in London by Muslims. I would consider 9 years ago to be recent in the grand scheme of things. It's not like this was many generations ago, these people most certainly still live in our country, and still have these views.

Now, i'm not saying that every single Muslim shares these views, i never have, but this hatred is in the name of the religion. This is why myself and many, many others do not want this religion in our country.

As for your earlier point about the majority of muslims intergrating into our culture, well i would disagree. They live very different cultures. Try going to a town which has a large Muslim community and getting meat that is not Halal.

Yes, however, my point is, that people on here are portraying these criminal placards as current (I see a lot of people are changing the word 'current' to 'recent' so it fits their argument.. They are not. So, why are people saying they are? There is only one conclusion. To promote more religious bigotry. How does this help exactly? Whether you want Islam in the UK is neither here nor there im afraid.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Yes, however, my point is, that people on here are portraying this criminal placards as current (I see a lot of people are changing the word 'current' to 'recent' so it fits their argument.. They are not. So, why are people saying they are? There is only one conclusion.

Are you suggesting that if the placards are not current then the individuals holding them have changed there views ?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
At what point does it stop being "current"? Last year? Last month? Yesterday?

I think 2006 is current, the views are still the same today.

The protests were a few hundred people, lets call them horrible hate filled extremists, directly after the Danish cartoons were published. Saying this mob is representative of anything is like saying an EDL organised march is representative of Britain. Both equally revolting in my book.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Do you think the views are current?

The views of a tiny minority? Probably. Do you think they are all still in the UK?
We are talking about the placards, and why people are promoting pictures from 2006, for which people were arrested, as current placards. Why is that. If not to promote more religious hatred, and why would people want to make matters worse, by treating all muslims as terrorists, when clearly that is not the case.

D

Deleted member 22389

Only two things I care about, there is enough to go around later on, and we don't end up with Europe and the UK being slowly taken over and ruined because of other peoples religious and cultural problems, because this is where I feel we are currently heading.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Strange that we have people that bring up what the British were like from sometimes centuries ago, yet placards from less than 10 years ago seem irrelevant.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Strange that we have people that bring up what the British were like from sometimes centuries ago, yet placards from less than 10 years ago seem irrelevant.

When they are promoted as 'current', for racial, and religious bigotry purposes, it is not irrelevant, as much as you would like it to be.,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here