Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK net migration hits record high

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I don't know why you bother engaging with them Dave, they don't even had much of an opinion, they only come on here to wind people up. Stop giving them fuel.

Quite apart from the comical irony, what an unholy alliance if there ever was one!

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
BBC radio 4 this morning, in Lesbos.

Primarily young men, I think fleeing errrr Turkey.

Interviewed a lone young woman, who was then used as a translator for a couple of interviews, she then surprised the reporter by claiming she was 12 years old, the reporter replied 'you look 22 years old I find that quite astonishing that you say you are 12 years old'.

I guess you cannot blame them, but how a passive European application process will ever be able to cope with this mass migration of people with contrived stories without fear of either giving millions of people uncontrolled access to Europe or perhaps more relevant not giving 100 000's access, is beyond me.

I fear it will end in violence and disturbances throughout those recipient countries, that seems a likely outcome.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The one good thing about these threads, although solely used as a platform for the "I can shout louder than you" wing of NSC it does at least keep the less complex members off the more interesting threads.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
BBC radio 4 this morning, in Lesbos.

Primarily young men, I think fleeing errrr Turkey.

Interviewed a lone young woman, who was then used as a translator for a couple of interviews, she then surprised the reporter by claiming she was 12 years old, the reporter replied 'you look 22 years old I find that quite astonishing that you say you are 12 years old'.

I guess you cannot blame them, but how a passive European application process will ever be able to cope with this mass migration of people with contrived stories without fear of either giving millions of people uncontrolled access to Europe or perhaps more relevant not giving 100 000's access, is beyond me.

I fear it will end in violence and disturbances throughout those recipient countries, that seems a likely outcome.

Yes, I have always doubted that it would be possible to verify the stories en masse of the immigrants, particularly considering the relative malfunctioning of proper government in countries from which they come, and the sheer numbers. When running youth football teams in Germany, it was not unusual for the locals to doubt the age of immigrant Turkish kids, who would get extra schooling, and an advantage over the opposition, if they claimed to be a year or so younger.

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development said immigration increased by 108000 to 558000 in 2014.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
The one good thing about these threads, although solely used as a platform for the "I can shout louder than you" wing of NSC it does at least keep the less complex members off the more interesting threads.

It does seem rather ironic that you then appear on this thread! Inadvertently, however, you have hit the nail on the head. The majority of folk here are indeed not complex - they are honest, realistic individuals, who have their feet on the ground and do not have hang-ups or feel the need to make themselves look good with all sorts of pious comments aimed at others. As to whether other thread such as "that Polish chap" and "442" are more interesting, well that is a matter of opinion -have you contributed to anything else this morning?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I suppose posting videos and pictures can be open to interpretation, and rather like posting stats as gospel, you have to be careful with what the post claims they represent. Whether it is "current" or not, isn't really the issue, surely. The fact is that, as you yourself know, these people holding up such placards do exist, and serve only to increase tensions in the wider community.

Im not seeing these placards. There were some in the 2006 demo, no doubt. It was a demo over 2 days. 450 the first day, when the nutters were out, and 3500 people on the Saturday. 4000 people...in London, where there was at the time approximately 12% of the population being muslim, im guessing thats considerably more than 4000.. So by that standard the march was by an extreme minority Despite what has been said, there were arrests ofver it, and the government complained to the police about the time it took. To post these same placards and imply they are 'current', is, I think ridiculous, and intended to spread hate.
Anyway, ive got training most of the day, so, I wont be annoying anybody most of the day :-D

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It does seem rather ironic that you then appear on this thread! Inadvertently, however, you have hit the nail on the head. The majority of folk here are indeed not complex - they are honest, realistic individuals, who have their feet on the ground and do not have hang-ups or feel the need to make themselves look good with all sorts of pious comments aimed at others. As to whether other thread such as "that Polish chap" and "442" are more interesting, well that is a matter of opinion -have you contributed to anything else this morning?

:facepalm:

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Im not seeing these placards. There were some in the 2006 demo, no doubt. It was a demo over 2 days. 450 the first day, when the nutters were out, and 3500 people on the Saturday. 4000 people...in London, where there was at the time approximately 12% of the population being muslim, im guessing thats considerably more than 4000.. So by that standard the march was by an extreme minority Despite what has been said, there were arrests ofver it, and the government complained to the police about the time it took. To post these same placards and imply they are 'current', is, I think ridiculous, and intended to spread hate.

Of course they are a minority - no one disputes that. Whether the posting of placards spreads hate is of course your interpretation, or at least the interpretation you wish to put on it. Perhaps I am wrong but I thought that your fixation on the idea of "current" was your way of expressing doubt, but I now see that you too can be as alarmed as others, which I think might have been the original reason for posting such pictures.
All this posting in work time -tut tut.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I was tallking about where they live, not necessarily integration. Do you believe that the muslim population of the UK is not integrating, or just a minority who are not integrating.
The vast majority of the Muslim population here don't integrate.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I suppose posting videos and pictures can be open to interpretation, and rather like posting stats as gospel, you have to be careful with what the post claims they represent. Whether it is "current" or not, isn't really the issue, surely. The fact is that, as you yourself know, these people holding up such placards do exist, and serve only to increase tensions in the wider community.
I thought the demos in London, which there have been many, show the placards. I thought the homecoming of the troops to Luton and Barking show the placards and also the hate speeches that are ready available. Footage and the many C4 programmes are also a clue, maybe the programme with Stacy Dooley is a start. I believe the proof and not on photos that could be photo shopped, but on actual video footage is out there, unless you are in denial.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Fit in or f**k off is EXACTLY how this country should be run.

I disagree. As far as I'm concerned as long as they obey our laws and pay their taxes they can do what they like. You know, like the Brits have done abroad for centuries. Except we make up our own laws and ignore taxes.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I disagree. As far as I'm concerned as long as they obey our laws and pay their taxes they can do what they like. You know, like the Brits have done abroad for centuries. Except we make up our own laws and ignore taxes.

After all the comments about others, you have now joined the thread again, and yet ten minutes ago, you were determined that all those on here were complex. My friend -there is only one person here this morning who is complex . .

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I thought the demos in London, which there have been many, show the placards. I thought the homecoming of the troops to Luton and Barking show the placards and also the hate speeches that are ready available. Footage and the many C4 programmes are also a clue, maybe the programme with Stacy Dooley is a start. I believe the proof and not on photos that could be photo shopped, but on actual video footage is out there, unless you are in denial.

Slow down, my friend, slow down. I was responding to another post, not your good self. I don't doubt that they are genuine- of course they are and there is much evidence that they are. as you write. But as with stats, you have to be careful with what one then claims the footage to represent. That is what I am saying. One must not give the impression that this lunatic fringe is typical, dangerous as it undoubtedly is. I hope this clears it up for you.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
After all the comments about others, you have now joined the thread again, and yet ten minutes ago, you were determined that all those on here were complex. My friend -there is only one person here this morning who is complex . .

What on earth are you going on about?
Anyway, this is essentially a right wing thread with a couple of left leaning posters getting rounded on by the usual mob. The more intelligent users left this thread ages ago, I shall take a leaf out of their book and leave you to it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here