UK net migration hits record high

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Ok Thanks Sydney.
The police 'burn in hell' demo was the one 2 or 3 years ago in Luton. Compared to their words, the EDL marches have shown violence towards the police rather than words, with plenty jailed for violence against the police. Also, lets be honest, its a large asian community in Luton. That march wasnt many people really was it.

As for immigration into the UK, illegal immigration should be fairly easy to control. The UK is an island. As for any mass immigration, Im guessing it relates to the refugees trudging through Europe. Most of them as a result of a war.

I think what a few people need to understand, is that the world has changed. Its no longer 1950. Mass travel. Communications, have turned the world into a different place. Some hate it, some dont mind it.
Currently, the 'dont minds' far outweigh the 'minds' in my opinion.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Well, the question im asking was about these demos in Luton, and, i thought Bolton, but apparently Blackburn.
Now apparently, ive got to answer questions on other videos for some reason.

What do I think. I think there are dangerous people in the muslim community. Do I think all muslims are dangerous people? Of course not. None of my muslim friends are dangerous in the slightest, and they come from Iran, Pakistan, Libya, Egypt, Tunisia, Iraq, and W.Africa.

How many muslims do you know, and how many do you believe to be jihadists?

and i am not suggesting that all muslims are bad by any means , to be honest i can appreciate why there is so much pent up anger in arab and asian communities in europe.......there is a lot of white trash about no doubt....and many migrants may still have family back in the countries that have been wrecked by western inerference...i understand that , all that means is that their anger and disdain for british culture is well founded ie... they have good reason for the anger and hatred they display.....it's interesting how , when you return to the uk every two or three years the changes in the population are much more noticable than if you live there full time...again my opinion only , do you think that fundamentalism is on the rise in britain or is it stable/static....the nature of fundamentalist religion is to attract more followers ..no..?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Ok Thanks Sydney.
The police 'burn in hell' demo was the one 2 or 3 years ago in Luton. Compared to their words, the EDL marches have shown violence towards the police rather than words, with plenty jailed for violence against the police. Also, lets be honest, its a large asian community in Luton. That march wasnt many people really was it.

As for immigration into the UK, illegal immigration should be fairly easy to control. The UK is an island. As for any mass immigration, Im guessing it relates to the refugees trudging through Europe. Most of them as a result of a war.

I think what a few people need to understand, is that the world has changed. Its no longer 1950. Mass travel. Communications, have turned the world into a different place. Some hate it, some dont mind it.

i agree mate , the world is a wonderful and savage place , i don't consider myself religious , i have my own way of going through life and when my kids finish their education i intend to do some volunteer work somewhere......not in the middle east as it stands though.......**** that...!!

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
and i am not suggesting that all muslims are bad by any means , to be honest i can appreciate why there is so much pent up anger in arab and asian communities in europe.......there is a lot of white trash about no doubt....and many migrants may still have family back in the countries that have been wrecked by western inerference...i understand that , all that means is that their anger and disdain for british culture is well founded ie... they have good reason for the anger and hatred they display.....it's interesting how , when you return to the uk every two or three years the changes in the population are much more noticable than if you live there full time...again my opinion only , do you think that fundamentalism is on the rise in britain or is it stable/static....the nature of fundamentalist religion is to attract more followers ..no..?

I notice more Chinese when I go home to be honest. Im sure theres fundamentalist nutters, but I dont think the growth of the nutters is anywhere near the fears of people.

As for the ME...I used to live and work in Saudi. No effing way I would work there at this time.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Ok Thanks Sydney.

In theory, this is quite true, but one wonders how many do get through? I think you will find that most folk do not need your good self to remind them that the world has changed since 1950, thanks. You may well be right that most don't mind the better communications, but I don't quite see what the direct point is with this thread.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
[/B]

In theory, this is quite true, but one wonders how many do get through? I think you will find that most folk do not need your good self to remind them that the world has changed since 1950, thanks. You may well be right that most don't mind the better communications, but I don't quite see what the direct point is with this thread.

It was in answer to Sydneys question to me.
I think people do need to be reminded its not 1950. Sorry.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
well that remains to be seen doesn't it.....the trouble is it only takes a few to do a lot of damage..

If a nutter blows something up, should you blame all the muslims in the UK? Of course not.
Nobody blamed all the English people after the Soho bombings. Nobody blamed all Irish people for mainland UK bombings.
There is a problem. Theres no doubt about it. A lot of the problem is directly related to our actions fighting for the Americans.
Dialogue rather than bombing the shit out of anywhere in the ME region who dont respond to Americas wishes is probably a better plan.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

It does seem to be on the rise but i think the instability in the middle east is causing much of this. Perhaps if western nations had not been influencing affairs for so long over there then things would be remaining stable. It strike me that there are a number of groups spoiling for a fight in this current situation and their views are abhorrent and extreme. I am happy to remain firmly in the centre with the moderates. Just so happens that some of these moderates currently need our help so I believe that we should stand with them.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
It was in answer to Sydneys question to me.
I think people do need to be reminded its not 1950. Sorry.

Yes, I realised that it was an answer to another post. Obviously you feel the need to be so condescending as people could not have worked that out for themselves. But perhaps they should not be so ready to listen to you, as you were the same DiP who told me to trust you, when I questioned your assertion that Labour would win the election. . . But I did ask you a question as to what the point of 1950 was, and given that you have been so persistent this morning about challenging others to provide you with a reply . .

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Yes, I realised that it was an answer to another post. Obviously you feel the need to be so condescending as people could not have worked that out for themselves. But perhaps they should not be so ready to listen to you, as you were the same DiP who told me to trust you, when I questioned your assertion that Labour would win the election. . . But I did ask you a question as to what the point of 1950 was, and given that you have been so persistent this morning about challenging others to provide you with a reply . .

You realised it was an answer to another post and still ask?
I predicted a Tory win, and UKIP losing a seat. I didnt say Labour would win any election.
The point regarding 1950, is the fact that the world has changed. People from many different countries, live in many different countries.
The England for the English view by some is a bit outdated. In my own work field, ive NEVER worked in an environment that was of single nationality.The world has changed significantly.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
It does seem to be on the rise but i think the instability in the middle east is causing much of this. Perhaps if western nations had not been influencing affairs for so long over there then things would be remaining stable. It strike me that there are a number of groups spoiling for a fight in this current situation and their views are abhorrent and extreme. I am happy to remain firmly in the centre with the moderates. Just so happens that some of these moderates currently need our help so I believe that we should stand with them.

So what does this mean in practice? And how would you know that they are "moderates".

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
[/B]

So what does this mean in practice? And how would you know that they are "moderates".

:facepalm:

We've been over an over this HG. If I tell you again you'll still say "BF just wants to let them all in"

None so blind and all that.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I predicted a Tory win, and UKIP losing a seat. I didnt say Labour would win any election.
The point regarding 1950, is the fact that the world has changed. People from many different countries, live in many different countries.
The England for the English view by some is a bit outdated. In my own work field, ive NEVER worked in an environment that was of single nationality.

As they say in the pantomimes Oh, yes, you DID - someone else who wriggles out of earlier statements!
Thanks for the reply about 1950 and yes, I see that it is indeed common to work with folk from many different countries. So, am I to deduce from that because you work with people from other countries, one should accept immigration on a large scale, because the world is different.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
:facepalm:

We've been over an over this HG. If I tell you again you'll still say "BF just wants to let them all in"

None so blind and all that.

Strange - the none so blind really applies to you. At least I am realistic enough to voice concerns. Anyway, you did not reply to my question as to how would you know they are moderates - to quote you, where is your evidence??

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Until it turns out this is just more extremist rubbish from the DM.
So basically you will just rubbish anything from the DM, which is handy because I stopped links from the DM ages ago. Maybe the same could be said of the Guardian, shall we just ignore any info from media outlets that doesn't fit our views and opinions.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
As they say in the pantomimes Oh, yes, you DID - someone else who wriggles out of earlier statements!
Thanks for the reply about 1950 and yes, I see that it is indeed common to work with folk from many different countries. So, am I to deduce from that because you work with people from other countries, one should accept immigration on a large scale, because the world is different.

Think if you care to check, you will see that I said the Tories would win, UKIP would lose a seat, and Farage wouldnt win his.

Immigration on a large scale. Would it matter if they were S.African whites, Australian whites, New Zealand whites, American whites, Canadian whites? Im not pointing a finger at you, dont panic, but it seems generally, the matter of race seems to be dominant in a lot of these debates.

Do you mean people from the EU moving the the UK also?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports