Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK net migration hits record high

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
All I said was they I haven't seen any evidence to suggest that this attitude was no prevalent among all refugees. To answer your question. I don't see how refugees passing through countries to get to safety suggests that they would not like to return home.

of course you cant, because you cant see what might be the motivation to travel through 6 or 7 safe countries to reach one of choice. if you could understand the motivation, you might understand why many may not be intending to return.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
of course you cant, because you cant see what might be the motivation to travel through 6 or 7 safe countries to reach one of choice. if you could understand the motivation, you might understand why many may not be intending to return.

I would imagine that there are many and varied motivations effecting peoples choices of country to see refuge in. Some of those motivations may suggests that people are not intending to return home. But as you say without knowing those motivations we cannot know how they effect their intentions. None of us know either their motivations or their intentions . Personally i am prepared to keep an open mind about it until I see some evidence.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I would imagine that there are many and varied motivations effecting peoples choices of country to see refuge in. Some of those motivations may suggests that people are not intending to return home. But as you say without knowing those motivations we cannot know how they effect their intentions. None of us know either their motivations or their intentions . Personally i am prepared to keep an open mind about it until I see some evidence.

so the map of Europe with a half dozen or more counties passed through isn't any implicit evidence? you're not keeping an open mind, you have decided they have only your best intentions in their minds.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

But if you are unable to try and make considered judgement or foresee a trend that might logically offer a likelihood of intent then you are forever behind the curve picking up the pieces ......

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
so the map of Europe with a half dozen or more counties passed through isn't any implicit evidence? you're not keeping an open mind, you have decided they have only your best intentions in their minds.

Not good enough for me I am afraid. I sure it is correct in some cases but I don't like to jump to conclusions.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
He has dug himself a hole and is trying to state he did not put words in posts, quite plain really.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
But if you are unable to try and make considered judgement or foresee a trend that might logically offer a likelihood of intent then you are forever behind the curve picking up the pieces ......

Seems like, currently much of Europe remains behind the curve picking up the pieces from this situation. Not much trend foreseeing has been going on if you ask me. Australia has been turning away boats for s year or so. The UK has been doing its best to ignore the poor buggers at Calais, the U.S. Does **** all... The list of inaction goes on we all know that. Meanwhile the camps are full and the wars still rage so people are still fleeing. It wouldn't have taken much for sight to realise that they had to go somewhere and something had to give.

And here we are. Maybe we should have considered their motivations sooner.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
He has dug himself a hole and is trying to state he did not put words in posts, quite plain really.

Yes I am trying to say that I didn't put words in posts by repeatedly posting those words in order to clarify their meaning. :)

D

Deleted member 22389

Seems like, currently much of Europe remains behind the curve picking up the pieces from this situation. Not much trend foreseeing has been going on if you ask me. Australia has been turning away boats for s year or so. The UK has been doing its best to ignore the poor buggers at Calais, the U.S. Does **** all... The list of inaction goes on we all know that. Meanwhile the camps are full and the wars still rage so people are still fleeing. It wouldn't have taken much for sight to realise that they had to go somewhere and something had to give.

And here we are. Maybe we should have considered their motivations sooner.

Those poor buggers in Calais could get Asylum in France, but they would rather live in rubbish and still insist on trying to break in to the UK illegally. I also see a report today that migrants stuck at the Hungarian border are now on hunger strike, throwing away food and drinking water, makes me annoyed seeing it.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Those poor buggers in Calais could get Asylum in France, but they would rather live in rubbish and still insist on trying to break in to the UK illegally. I also see a report today that migrants stuck at the Hungarian border are now on hunger strike, throwing away food and drinking water, makes me annoyed seeing it.

This was mentioned here previously in this very thread, and the actual reason for the throwing away the food and water, as advised by NGO's and RedCross on the ground was because they dont want food or water. They want to be able to travel to Germany. Dont be annoyed :)

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/03/hungary-train-diverts-refugees-back-to-camp

Last edited:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
This was mentioned here previously in this very thread, and the actual reason for the throwing away the food and water, as advised by NGO's and RedCross on the ground was because they dont want food or water. They want to be able to travel to Germany. Dont be annoyed :)

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/03/hungary-train-diverts-refugees-back-to-camp
I would like to live next to Des or Lampard on Kingston Gorse but I will have to be contented with Sompting.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia

I wonder if it has anything do with what is referred to as refugee salary , in this clip at approx 1.13 .

[yt]EmqbtyfQ3f8[/YT]

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Banging on about projecting and a shit analogy, Classic looney. How many posts until the abuse starts? Then the ban and then the grizzling about getting banned.

Your predictions are laughable, your going to have to go running grizzling to the mods with the little you have. Sooner or later they'll suss you as well.

As I said you are a busted flush, youjust dont get it yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here