Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK net migration hits record high

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Its inevitable something will happen over here again in the future whether we take people in or not.
Alternative 1. Let the rest of Europe deal with it (making us look selfish?
Alternative 2. Send them all back to face their fate (making us look selfish)

daveybgtt

May 12, 2010
North Sompting
I think this image sums up nicely the 2 sides of the argument. Which one are you?

1cl2Jo5h.jpg

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
England's once green and pleasant land having to be replaced by a concrete jungle. Get used to it folks.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It has many valid points*, just a shame none of them are commas or full stops in the correct places.

* apparently.

The main point seems to be that he shouldn't feel guilty or do anything about the situation because people didn't give a shit before they saw this picture.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
Its inevitable something will happen over here again in the future whether we take people in or not.
Alternative 1. Let the rest of Europe deal with it (making us look selfish?
Alternative 2. Send them all back to face their fate (making us look selfish)

I guess its more likely to be inevitable if we take in thousands of people that we have no understanding about their background.

In contrast it's less likely if you don't take in anyone.

I would further argue that any national Govt's primary responsibility is always to protect its citizens' from harm and always act in their interests first and foremost.

That is my minimum expectation...........nothing selfish about that in my view, I couldn't care less what the Germans think.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I will park the unecessary personal defamation and the ludicous comparison to Bellotti.

Happy for all to have views, i dont see it as moaning, i just disagree and putting my point forward. But great to see Cameron agreeing with me in his announcement today. We have a different view on the number but direct is the same.

No one is living in the same poverty as they were during the industrial revolution. One fact, life expectancy was county in 30 years.

That's good of you.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
I will park the unecessary personal defamation and the ludicous comparison to Bellotti.

Happy for all to have views, i dont see it as moaning, i just disagree and putting my point forward. But great to see Cameron agreeing with me in his announcement today. We have a different view on the number but direct is the same.

No one is living in the same poverty as they were during the industrial revolution. One fact, life expectancy was county in 30 years.

I don't think so, one of the most grating aspects of Bellotti was his arrogance, and not least what many BHA felt about the direction of the club didn't matter. His comment about BHA fans to "stop whining" (after Bournemouth away I think) summed this up.

He knew best, we all just had to lump it.

Your comments that this country is rich is inaccurate and patronising for many millions of people who are evidently not as well off as you appear to be. I don't doubt that the poor in this country are not stricken as poor elsewhere but that is not the point.

This is the point, the people who will have to compete for resources with the newcomers are the poor, not the rich who couldn't care less about this reality. Or put another way, the poor and powerless in this country will just have to lump it because that's what some rich (and more powerful) people want.

Which does brings us back to Bellotti and his attitude.............

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Not really you at your best, is it?

And that is you at your best? I will rephrase the question for you:

As the UK will be taking refugees from existing refugee camps and will be concentrating on taking orphaned and vulnerable children, the disabled and the elderly, no doubt security vetting them as they go instead of taking anyone who turns up, by how much, if at all, will this increase the risk of "importing unknown Syrians from an ISIS war zone" who will make "our own home grown jihadists" look like "amateurs in comparison"? And yes, I do know that they are not your words, but as you decided to criticise my debating skills in asking my original question, perhaps you would like to give me a reasoned, sensible answer?

My own view, as you may well have guessed, is that by taking refugees this way the risks are minimised and that the onus is on the UK's vetting procedures to wheedle out any threats.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Would be hoping that MI5 and our security forces and agencies are keeping the government abreast of the risks and taking appropriate measures. Are you aware of risks beyond what they're presumably preparing for?

If the security forces and those in other countries were unable to stop many worldwide atrocities, why would you then conclude that any increased risk would not somehow be converted into a greater probability of an attack actually happening ?

This year the head of M15 said that 'we cannot stop every UK terror threat' and that the UK was facing 'more complex and ambitious plots', I am sure there is much concern by the security services with the influx of 100 000's unknown Syrians within the Europe, it would be madness not to even acknowledge the threat.

But it seems you and others have a blindspot to anything other than fully accepting an undetermined amount of refugees without much thought to its consequence.

D

Deleted member 22389

Anyone see the Newsnight last night. Only half the people claiming asylum in Germany are from Syria, it's no surprise really we could have seen that coming, then on the local news they where speaking migrants at Calais. Some said we don't need food, we don't need clothes their old, all we want is for the borders to open. They also showed a pile of clothes donated by people up in flames.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here