Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK net migration hits record high

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The big thing for Germany and the EU is an ever increasing retired population without the support of an increasing working population. Growing economies need people, it is a simple fact. Your economy doesn't grow from a population that isn't, and certainly one that is increasing its aging dependents.

It's not a gaffe by Merkel, under the compassionate gesture, she will look to be gaining a young and in some cases a fully trained addition to the work force.

Interesting article by Robert Peston on the BBC site today

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34172729

I hadn't realised that Germany's population was falling so fast, and that the UK is set to become Europe's most populous country.

Nothing like bumping a post...

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Sneering at the context this seismic event was being used for to back up an argument regarding our supposed loss of stiff upper lip, tracing our stoic defence in battle to the loss of Princess Diana as some kind of fatal loss of Britishness.

Perhaps your Grandad, or mine, or whoever fought so bravely would also take issue with their bravery being used for anti immigration sentiment and propaganda right now. As well you know WWII didn't start with us fighting to stop the Germans invading Britain, it started with us supporting our European allies.

Great big jessie. Of course! :thumbsup:
mine wouldnt , he told me he wished he hadnt bothered when he saw what had happened to this country.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
as I said in a post yesterday they didn't have to die , they were prepared to risk their lives and paid the price and a load of suckers took it all on board
regards
DR
Sadly this country has way to many naive and gullible people who really do need things like the media and things like the xfactor to get through life and to decide what they want to believe or see.
We have a generation of young tree hugging types who study history and suddenly figure out that we're a horrible country because of past atrocities.

I don't think most would have a problem if immigrants/asylum seekers came here and respected and integrated into a society to be honest...Just don't get why we have to make the effort to respect their religions and beliefs and get called racists for not liking it all the time.
This country is getting absolutely caned by religion at the moment...The future is grim.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
This country is great. And our long standing heritage of different cultures is a great one. Cameron has just reinforcing this policy, the latest in a long line of this type of policy. Long may it continue.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
This country is great. And our long standing heritage of different cultures is a great one. Cameron has just reinforcing this policy, the latest in a long line of this type of policy. Long may it continue.
Yeah great policies in having extremists within our shores and I'm sure the many that detest the western values.
Some cultures/religions just don't belong together.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yeah great policies in having extremists within our shores and I'm sure the many that detest the western values.

Like Catholics and Protestants. Don't remember them having extremists though...

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

Except the recent 3 million migrants prior to this refugee crisis is unprecedented, so not entirely accurate.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
They're already here, and most probably born here, there's always going to be people that want to kill us

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
They're already here, and most probably born here, there's always going to be people that want to kill us

Have you any comprehension of how we might increase the risk when importing unknown Syrians from an ISIS war zone, our own home grown jihadists are amateurs in comparison. ??

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Born here is irrelevant for many as its all about religion and nothing else.
Like who bar Isis?
Not had anything since the IRA.
You don't kill your own countrymen on your own turf do you?well unless you're religious as being British and born here makes that pretty much obsolete.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Have you any comprehension of how we might increase the risk when importing unknown Syrians from an ISIS war zone, our own home grown jihadists are amateurs in comparison. ??

Would be hoping that MI5 and our security forces and agencies are keeping the government abreast of the risks and taking appropriate measures. Are you aware of risks beyond what they're presumably preparing for?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here