Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK net migration hits record high

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
DC making announcement in commons at 15:30. If they are under this existing scheme, they have the right to stay for 5 years, after which they can apply to settle in the UK. But lots of mixed messages in the BBC story I read - DC refers to them as refugees, Yvette Cooper refers to them as migrants, so hopefully this announcement will make things clearer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34171148

From what i have read or heard i think coming into the UK on this scheme automatically grants refugee status,many of the most vulnerable in the camps will already have refugee status cards from the UN.Technically DC is right and Cooper is incorrect,doubt the people in the camps will be too concerned over who has got the language right or wrong though.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
From what i have read or heard i think coming into the UK on this scheme automatically grants refugee status,many of the most vulnerable in the camps will already have refugee status cards from the UN.Technically DC is right and Cooper is incorrect,doubt the people in the camps will be too concerned over who has got the language right or wrong though.

Well no the people in the camps will not care - it is those in the UK concerned about this that will though. Migrants implies they will stay, refugee does not, but anyway hopfully it will become clearer in the next hour or so. But having seen pics from Syria, it will be a long time before people can go back even if the wanted to and the fighting stopped tomorrow, as in some towns at least, there is very little left.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

D

Deleted member 22389

Think this 20,000 figure is about right in reality. If that's not enough for some people, your forgetting the ones who will manage to get our country illegally over the next five years, and keeping within the EU rules the regular EU migrants and non EU migrants. All in all this country will be running well over 300,000+ people a year.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
No, I was sincere with my apology. Still am.

But, separately, I made a comment about how I reckon you can turn any random arbitrary comment I make into an anti-EU rant. I was not thinking you'd actually respond with an anti-EU rant complete with trademark link. Now knowing this it rather diminishes your arguments.

You made that point by referring to a bacon sandwich and in rising to your challenge I provided a link to an article explaining the difficulties Pork Farmers in France are suffering as a consequence of the EU sanctions on Russia. A problem so acute it is challenging the core principles of the EU............its not a trifle.

Here is what is happening outside the EU HQ in Brussels today..............

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/world/europe/article4549796.ece

I hardly think the argument is diminshed because I said I feel sorry for you.

Chin up petal.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Let's start building more houses, hospitals, schools ext, creating more jobs for many

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Historically, photos can be extremely powerful and can sway public opinion overnight - the photo of the dead child is moving for any human being - but the conspiracy theorist in me has suspected that this was a deliberate act of social engineering by the mainstream media and powers that be. I was amazed how public opinion over the issue U-turned so quickly following the release and publication of that picture.

It has since transpired that the picture was moved, seemingly for a photo opportunity. Link (warning, very graphic): http://i.imgur.com/n7vrowC.png

I think we need to be asking lots of questions as to why Western leaders are approaching the migrant crisis the way that they are. It is quite obvious that it is going to lead to severe issues in the future.

Yep, i put this photo up yesterday plus a VIEW that all may not be as it seems re this death, it was picked up by DIP who stated it was "racist propaganda".....well it may be propaganda, which is why i posted "Might be, just as this might be." in return to a similar post.
I also stated "This is probably rubbish as well." when posting about the funeral and how it took place two days after when a plane managed to take the father back into war torn Syria.
It might be propaganda, the same as the theories on the 9/11, the landing on the moon etc.............but "racist" propaganda is a different thing.

So yes Mustafa, this could be " a deliberate act of social engineering by the mainstream media and powers that be" or not, seems there MIGHT be more to this sad death/s than meets the eye.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
And where is the money for that going to come from?
The billions of pounds the government has stashed away, we're so naive to believe we're at breaking point, they want the poor to stay poor so the big knobs can stay filthy rich!

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Yep, i put this photo up yesterday plus a VIEW that all may not be as it seems re this death, it was picked up by DIP who stated it was "racist propaganda".....well it may be propaganda, which is why i posted "Might be, just as this might be." in return to a similar post.
I also stated "This is probably rubbish as well." when posting about the funeral and how it took place two days after when a plane managed to take the father back into war torn Syria.
It might be propaganda, the same as the theories on the 9/11, the landing on the moon etc.............but "racist" propaganda is a different thing.

So yes Mustafa, this could be " a deliberate act of social engineering by the mainstream media and powers that be" or not, seems there MIGHT be more to this sad death/s than meets the eye.

What was picked up by DIP was your reading material.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Historically, photos can be extremely powerful and can sway public opinion overnight - the photo of the dead child is moving for any human being - but the conspiracy theorist in me has suspected that this was a deliberate act of social engineering by the mainstream media and powers that be. I was amazed how public opinion over the issue U-turned so quickly following the release and publication of that picture.

It has since transpired that the child was moved, seemingly for a photo opportunity. Link (warning, very graphic): http://i.imgur.com/n7vrowC.png

I think we need to be asking lots of questions as to why Western leaders are approaching the migrant crisis the way that they are. It is quite obvious that it is going to lead to severe issues in the future.

If he was moved, as it looks, the second photo was no more powerful than the first. Not sure what that is all about but it's shameful if his body was used as a prop whatever the reason.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here