Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK net migration hits record high

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
UK born scroungers make no effort to find work but they are ok then?

I don't believe any posters have stated this is acceptable either. Hopefully get them into jobs before we shell out for those that are just coming for the benefits.
As you say why " walk across deserts, sail on dodgy boats and rafts with your kids and wife or pay £5000 to traffickers if you just want to claim benefits in the UK".....when you could take less risk and settle in the many countries on route.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
All the attacks so far are home grown, most of the refugees are Christians more asylum seekers arrive by air at airports than by Calais or as refugees. Germany and Sweden will take most - you can fit the few we have taken in so far in a train carriage. I'd be more worried about someone sneaking in anonymously via a boat with weapons using drug routes than someone claiming asylum or refugee status - Isis could hijack a cruiser in the med and cause a bigger atrocity than a lone wolf or two here.

If the population of Syria is 22 million and only 10% are Christian and over 10 million Syrians are displace ( refugees ), how do you conclude that the majority of the 1 million + presently coming to Europe are Christians ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'd be more worried about someone sneaking in anonymously via a boat with weapons using drug routes than someone claiming asylum or refugee status - Isis could hijack a cruiser in the med and cause a bigger atrocity than a lone wolf or two here.

Quite. And maybe if you've got a few thousand very grateful Syrian refugees knocking around they'll be more chance of some dodgy ones being grassed up.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Quite. And maybe if you've got a few thousand very grateful Syrian refugees knocking around they'll be more chance of some dodgy ones being grassed up.

Really :)

Hold on, run this past me again.

So you import 1 million Muslims from Islamic war torn Syria, in the hope that they will grass up the Muslims that might be planning an atrocity here in Europe.

Who are they grassing up, our homegrown Jihadists or a few of our imported ones, this is genius.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

So you import 1 million Muslims from Islamic war torn Syria, in the hope that they will grass up the Muslims that might be planning an atrocity here in Europe.

Who are they grassing up, our homegrown Jihadists or a few of our imported ones, this is genius.

Because Syria is a muslim country the migrants are all muslim. Fail

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
If the population of Syria is 22 million and only 10% are Christian and over 10 million Syrians are displace ( refugees ), how do you conclude that the majority of the 1 million + presently coming to Europe are Christians ?

Because from what I've read most of the Muslim refugees have gone to Lebanon Turkey and across borders close to Syria. Whilst there is s massive refugee exodus you might not realise that most refugees stay close to "home" in the hope they can return someday. I understand hundreds of your Muslim Syrians are converting to Christianity when they get to Germany. Why do that? Only a ukip loon can possibly believe that every refugee or migrant want to come to the UK to claim benefits and start terrorist attacks. And whilst we are on it only a UKIP loon can think that Isis wants to attack Britain to take it over for some imaginary asset or resource they they think exists. They might want to destroy our ideals or our way of life which they can do by terrorism but what on earth do you think they want from us or our lands that is not available elsewhere?

Isis might want to recover the regions of the world eg Spain that they think they owned in the Middle Ages but I've not read anything other than wanting to terrorise the west in terms of anything else.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Because from what I've read most of the Muslim refugees have gone to Lebanon Turkey and across borders close to Syria. Whilst there is s massive refugee exodus you might not realise that most refugees stay close to "home" in the hope they can return someday. I understand hundreds of your Muslim Syrians are converting to Christianity when they get to Germany. Why do that? Only a ukip loon can possibly believe that every refugee or migrant want to come to the UK to claim benefits and start terrorist attacks. And whilst we are on it only a UKIP loon can think that Isis wants to attack Britain to take it over for some imaginary asset or resource they they think exists. They might want to destroy our ideals or our way of life which they can do by terrorism but what on earth do you think they want from us or our lands that is not available elsewhere?

Isis might want to recover the regions of the world eg Spain that they think they owned in the Middle Ages but I've not read anything other than wanting to terrorise the west in terms of anything else.

"I understand hundreds of your Muslim Syrians are converting to Christianity when they get to Germany"........really HUNDREDS, not heard this, any source for this mahoosive figure.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007

Jesus gully! They might be Muslim but there are different types of Muslims even if they all look the same to you. The war there started as a war against the government the Kurds are Muslim but they aren't the same as the Sunnis who are not the same as the Druze or the Alawites and many Syrian refugees are Armenian. Isis came in through Iraq and Sunni support across the gulf mainly Saudi which was arming the rebels. If you were a terrorist there you would be fighting Assad to try and take the whole of Syria so you can move on to Palestine not walk across a desert to get to Europe

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Jesus gully! They might be Muslim but there are different types of Muslims even if they all look the same to you. The war there started as a war against the government the Kurds are Muslim but they aren't the same as the Sunnis who are not the same as the Druze or the Alawites and many Syrian refugees are Armenian. Isis came in through Iraq and Sunni support across the gulf mainly Saudi which was arming the rebels. If you were a terrorist there you would be fighting Assad to try and take the whole of Syria so you can move on to Palestine not walk across a desert to get to Europe

It is confusing with all these different fractions, who is killing who etc. Maybe it would be best to stop slaughtering each other or perhaps merge all the different strains seeing as it is mean't to be the religion of peace.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

No. Read my post again. I was just musing, like you were. If you can play the road-of-fear supposition game, I'm entitled to counter it.

And your blanket Muslim definition says a few things, quite loudly, about you as well.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
It is confusing with all these different fractions, who is killing who etc. Maybe it would be best to stop slaughtering each other or perhaps merge all the different strains seeing as it is mean't to be the religion of peace.

It's only confusing if you can't or won't understand it. Perhaps if the west stopped stirring it up and backing the wrong side it might stop- hang on you aren't in charge of foreign policy for ukip are you?

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
No it isn't.

Actually with the paucity of quality in news reporting in this country, it is very confusing, particularly when loyalties go own to sub clans and even lower. There is major medlance by both Saudi and Iran in all this with their Sunni and Shi ite divide and yet how many refugees are these countries taking. Complete abrogation of their responsibilities which tells me a lot about how much they care for their own. Its very confusing, murky, unclear and being manipulated and Europe led by Herr Merkel, who has her own agenda, is being mugged off by the lack of cohesion, will and backbone of its political elite!!

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007

Anyway you shouldn't be confused - after all you have a Syrian Muslim Saint as your avatar

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I don't recall any intervention in Syria? Somalia? Eritrea? Ethiopia? Uganda? Egypt? Rwanda? Malawi? DRC? Nigeria? Chad? Guinnea? Tunisia?

Really??? RTFN in 2012 we sent aid to the rebels in Syria the French sent arms, the yanks sent weapons to Saudi and they turned up in Syria some even arrived via the Balkans

We encouraged Arab spring didn't we - your glaring omission of Libya is damming though

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
It's only confusing if you can't or won't understand it. Perhaps if the west stopped stirring it up and backing the wrong side it might stop- hang on you aren't in charge of foreign policy for ukip are you?

So it's the West's fault for 'backing the wrong side'?Just my opinion but I'd hold off with all the snide comments and point-scoring if that's your overall conclusion to this apparently easy to understand crisis.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
So it's the West's fault for 'backing the wrong side'?Just my opinion but I'd hold off with all the snide comments and point-scoring if that's your overall conclusion to this apparently easy to understand crisis.

Yeah I do think it's the west fault - bush and Blair lied to attack Iraq they got rid of the bloke they originally supported when they were against Iran they left a vacuum that was filled by Al Qaeda and that became Isil and used all the weapons left by them to move into Syria where again we were supporting the rebels against another bloke we originally supported - we did the same in Libya - if you remember two years before the fall Blair was cozying up there too

If that's snide or points scoring sorry it's just my opinion - you are right it's hard to understand because it's a complete mess - the problem the anti refugees have is like Cameron's - it's pretty easy to shut out single black migrants at Calais but it's harder to do when it's kids and women dying on sun kissed beaches in holiday resorts. Even Cameron's wife had a go at him to do a u turn

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Really??? RTFN in 2012 we sent aid to the rebels in Syria the French sent arms, the yanks sent weapons to Saudi and they turned up in Syria some even arrived via the Balkans

We encouraged Arab spring didn't we - your glaring omission of Libya is damming though

Of course I omitted Libya as intervention took place to prevent the massacre in Benghazi. As by your comments on those who supplied arms, clearly it is not very obvious at all and even more that we don't know. As with all similar situations, the lines are blurred, I still have no recollection of intervention in all the other countries.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here