UK net migration hits record high

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
How do you process accurately displaced people where you have absolutely no way of knowing whether the information offered is correct.

It seems likely to me that if you have paid considerable sums for passage you would then be well briefed how to give your own story that would favour a successful outcome if applying for asylum, I know I would.

If you just grab a number from previous historic refugee intakes it would then not factor in all the very immediate concerns regarding security, sustainability and instability, as well as total population numbers.

You are just saying that we must admit 50 000 per wave of refugee's because we did sometime in the past.

As I said, you process via refugee camps. There will always be a risk some militants get through, but that could and indeed does happen now even without accepting asylum seekers.

I was just proving we had done similar levels before. I could have gone back further in history. I could have divided it by the population number to more my point even clearer. 10k is a good start, but not enough

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Exactly, so why is that the only real trouble we see here comes from the same people, most who were born here. All the others seem to rub along nicely.
I should also point out that speaking regularly to many here from Eastern Europe, Asians (non Muslim) Nigerians etc.......they have the same worries and mistrust, chat to a few yourself, they don't bite.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
As I said, you process via refugee camps. There will always be a risk some militants get through, but that could and indeed does happen now even without accepting asylum seekers.

I was just proving we had done similar levels before. I could have gone back further in history. I could have divided it by the population number to more my point even clearer. 10k is a good start, but not enough

I do agree in part, but if you accept that 'militants' get through now with full border controls to somehow think that this would not increase significantly if we suck in 100 000's isnt logical.

Europe are accepting without much information 100 000's of migrants from a Syria and surrounding areas that have prevalent and active ISIS members and sympathisers, its the yellow brick road for genuine refugee's and terrorists alike.

I can only feel that we are inviting a problem that we will all regret.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I do agree in part, but if you accept that 'militants' get through now with full border controls to somehow think that this would not increase significantly if we suck in 100 000's isnt logical.

Europe are accepting without much information 100 000's of migrants from a Syria and surrounding areas that have prevalent and active ISIS members and sympathisers, its the yellow brick road for genuine refugee's and terrorists alike.

I can only feel that we are inviting a problem that we will all regret.

I agree with the point you make which is why I think we need to be more measured and controlled but still have a moral compass and assist those whose lifes have been ruined for no fault of their own. A free reign, or at least encouraging the migration and then worry about how to get other countries to take some, doens't seem the cleaverest way of doing it and it is probably sensible we continue with our approach (albeit for me a greater number)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Then youre genuinely stupid, and i didnt think that before, if you cant see the dangers of terrorists disguising themselves as asylum seekers amongst hundreds of thousands of people and using them as cover then youre ridiculously naive or on a wind up.

Of course I can see the dangers of disguise. I'm not saying no risk, my point is I don't see this as any greater risk than all the other methods available to entering a country. Is the UK or Germany at a greater risk because of accepting and processing refugees? I don't see it, they'll slip in regardless. If anything I'd say the processing centres at least put them on the radar. Rather this than force them underground.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
They can easily sacrifice 8,000 combatants because they would do more damage on our doorstep than what they could do out there. It only takes one person to take out hundreds of innocent people in a public area. I couldn’t imagine this not being their ultimate ambition.

This could prove to be their D-Day landing even if just 1% of refugees are ISIS.

Their ultimate ambition is to create and secure a Caliphate in the Middle East, which is a lot harder to achieve with 8,000 less fighters there. I am not saying that none will slip into Europe pretending to be refugees, but I personally think 8,000 is rather on the high side. Their D-Day landing has already been achieved by radicalising those already in Europe.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
So it's now militants coming in from over there, rather than potential militants leaving here to get over there. Makes you wonder why our militants just didn't stay here in the first place. They must be very pissed off with this turn of events.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
You don't walk across deserts, sail on dodgy boats and rafts with your kids and wife or pay £5000 to traffickers if you just want to claim benefits in the UK. UK born scroungers make no effort to find work but they are ok then?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
They can easily sacrifice 8,000 combatants because they would do more damage on our doorstep than what they could do out there. It only takes one person to take out hundreds of innocent people in a public area. I couldn’t imagine this not being their ultimate ambition.

This could prove to be their D-Day landing even if just 1% of refugees are ISIS.

you only need one to slip through the net as the Grand bombing proved

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
So it's now militants coming in from over there, rather than potential militants leaving here to get over there. Makes you wonder why our militants just didn't stay here in the first place. They must be very pissed off with this turn of events.

Not too concerned about militants leaving the UK for Syria Iraq . Hopefully they will enjoy martyrdom as it seems this chap has :-

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/uk-isis-jihadist-cardiffs-reyaad-khan-confirmed-killed-151

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Any threat from Isis in the UK will come from someone already here not from refugees from Syria. Isis caliphate is more concerned with setting up a war in the Middle East and will try to take over from Hamas in Palestine next in order to try to draw Israel and the west into a war that will unite their supporters across the whole of the Middle East.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Any threat from Isis in the UK will come from someone already here not from refugees from Syria. Isis caliphate is more concerned with setting up a war in the Middle East and will try to take over from Hamas in Palestine next in order to try to draw Israel and the west into a war that will unite their supporters across the whole of the Middle East.

Wow really, so only home-grown terrorists wish to bomb our cities and infrastructure ?

Ultimately its quite low skilled to cause an atrocity, ask Lee Rigby's killers and 9 million Syrians are now displaced and 1 million + heading for Europe and you are unable to see any increased threat.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
All the attacks so far are home grown, most of the refugees are Christians more asylum seekers arrive by air at airports than by Calais or as refugees. Germany and Sweden will take most - you can fit the few we have taken in so far in a train carriage. I'd be more worried about someone sneaking in anonymously via a boat with weapons using drug routes than someone claiming asylum or refugee status - Isis could hijack a cruiser in the med and cause a bigger atrocity than a lone wolf or two here.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Their ultimate ambition is to create and secure a Caliphate in the Middle East, which is a lot harder to achieve with 8,000 less fighters there. I am not saying that none will slip into Europe pretending to be refugees, but I personally think 8,000 is rather on the high side. Their D-Day landing has already been achieved by radicalising those already in Europe.

Not if the figures of combatants are between 40,000 - 200,000, but I used 1% of refugees as a an example, we don't know either way it could be more or less.

Securing a Caliphate in the Middle East and causing chaos in Europe are as important as each other, probably the latter is more easily achievable. All war is about expansion and fighting on many fronts.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports