Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK net migration hits record high

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Can you not see a security issue regarding a possible importation of terrorists.

I can't see any risk higher than the current risk, so no. If a terrorist wants to travel they'll travel regardless of whether there's a refugee deal or not. This is just unsubstantiated scaremongering whipped up by the usual suspects.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Sure, Cameron would be politically mad given that recent news to fling the doors open.

Whether or not the press decide to print pictures of drowned 3 year olds the wider public mood is the same, immigration is a number one issue, and not to the extent that they want more. The press (no doubt under some influence) and some media commentators want the encourage the public to behave like some Pavlovian dog to these events, however it won't fly.

If it did Cameron would be seeing Merkel's 800k and raising her 200,000.

But he's not, and neither are many other leaders of other EU member states.........on the contrary the rhetoric is hardening.

Earlier this year Germany had a wave of Pegida protests, those people haven't gone away, I doubt they will be getting out the bunting for their new arrivals when they pull into their respective DB Hofs.

If this survey is correct then hopefully the UK can make it's own decisions in the future.
"A majority of Britons now favour leaving the European Union amid concerns over immigration, according to an opinion poll."
Survation said the margin in favour of leaving could grow if the migrant crisis gripping Europe continues, with 22% of those who said they would vote to stay indicating they could change their minds if the situation worsened."
http://news.sky.com/story/1547487/majority-of-uk-voters-back-exit-from-eu-poll

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
i wonder what the mood of the Germans will be when asylum applications are processed and all the non Syrians who have been refused refugee status are still in the country taking money off the welfare state.Merkel wants us to share this application process where over 50% are refused asylum.........no thanks

Merkel has stated there will be no impact on joe public financially. Germany is a rich country, with a lot fiscal revenue (I pay much more in tax here than I would in the UK) it will be fine.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
nothing to do with the fact that oppressive regimes were overthrown with help from the west resulting in virtual civil war which has escalated into to the point at which it currently rests....how has failure of crops resulted in a manic uprising in rabid muslim hatred...?? has failure of crops resulted im hundreds of kids being raped , crucified and murdered by isis filth....i really don't think so mate.

I merely stated the catalyst for the beginning of the uprising. It has now escalated due to the western world's reluctance to get involved, the complete antipathy of the gulf states and the involvement of radicalised nut jobs.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
Alternative thinking is that now they know there is a safe haven then their passage will not be as risky. They can use countries front doors, instead of the back doors. What I do find interesting is the main people and sources peddling this "Merkel is putting lives at risk" theory is quite predictable not to mention quite unimaginative. The same people and sources who are also standing on the side and sniping at those wanting to help....or even worse twisting it around and dressing up their theory as faux compassion.

I think the best example of faux compassion is those reactionaries who think disregarding EU law concerning asylum by announcing that everyone is welcome in a rich part of Europe will prevent other 3 year olds drowning.

Even more ludicrous is the reactionaries announcing they will throw the doors of their own homes open to people from another country when thousands of their fellow countrymen and women are currently living on the streets.

London has approx 7,500 alone of which approx. a third are from abroad.

They are and have been on their doorstep for years, I guess we just need the press to start showing their dead bodies before we start doing something.

http://data.london.gov.uk/dataset/chain-reports/resource/dd12fe65-0a44-465d-96e6-5339fc5c505d

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I am not sure it is faux compassion but it is a compassion that oddly generally never quite made it to a neighbour, charity or child here in the UK.

Who says so? This is quite an assumption. I have no idea what you do, and likewise you have no idea what I do, so I'd be interested to know where this idea comes from.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Sure, Cameron would be politically mad given that recent news to fling the doors open.

Whether or not the press decide to print pictures of drowned 3 year olds the wider public mood is the same, immigration is a number one issue, and not to the extent that they want more. The press (no doubt under some influence) and some media commentators want the encourage the public to behave like some Pavlovian dog to these events, however it won't fly.

If it did Cameron would be seeing Merkel's 800k and raising her 200,000.

But he's not, and neither are many other leaders of other EU member states.........on the contrary the rhetoric is hardening.

Earlier this year Germany had a wave of Pegida protests, those people haven't gone away, I doubt they will be getting out the bunting for their new arrivals when they pull into their respective DB Hofs.

As i said earlier, when this thread started many supporters of Labour and others were either rubbing their hands or lambasting Cameron for the UK immigration figures of 330,000. Labour supporters because he could not deliver on the figures he stated, others because they did not want these figures year on year. Now suddenly we can take/bullied into taking thousands of refugees, on top of the economic/refugees that we have taken for years previously.
The outcry over the last few years about food banks, homeless, austerity, waiting lists for housing/treatment etc seems to be forgotten as 40 councils can magically find accommodation, albeit from people who have stated they could house them but unfortunately could not find the room for those aforementioned "living" here.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think the best example of faux compassion is those reactionaries who think disregarding EU law concerning asylum by announcing that everyone is welcome in a rich part of Europe will prevent other 3 year olds drowning.

Even more ludicrous is the reactionaries announcing they will throw the doors of their own homes open to people from another country when thousands of their fellow countrymen and women are currently living on the streets.

London has approx 7,500 alone of which approx. a third are from abroad.

They are and have been on their doorstep for years, I guess we just need the press to start showing their dead bodies before we start doing something.

http://data.london.gov.uk/dataset/chain-reports/resource/dd12fe65-0a44-465d-96e6-5339fc5c505d

I reckon you can twist anything round to an EU story of woe, here's a challenge: "I had a bacon sandwich for breakfast today." I'll give you 10 minutes to concoct a story from my morning experience.

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
We are all talking about refugees, running away from war, but according to Deutsche Welle 40% of all people recently seeking asylum in Germany come from the Balkans (Albania, Macedonia, Bosnia and Serbia). ???

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
Merkel has stated there will be no impact on joe public financially. Germany is a rich country, with a lot fiscal revenue (I pay much more in tax here than I would in the UK) it will be fine.

That's nice of the Germans isn't it............bottomless benevolence for refugees, contrasted to searing austerity for the Greeks.

They must be watching this circus open mouthed.............like the rest of Europe.

Rich you may be, some things have evidently not changed.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
We are all talking about refugees, running away from war, but according to Deutsche Welle 40% of all people recently seeking asylum in Germany come from the Balkans (Albania, Macedonia, Bosnia and Serbia). ???

Which is why Cameron's idea to take the Syrian refugees from near the country seems a better idea than taking those that have trekked across Europe and could include those from countries that you have mentioned. If it is a humanitarian plight then surely it is better to take/help at the source.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

merkel has stated there will be no financial impact on all those refused asylum.....are you sure about this? you have to support them (failed asylum seekers) until removed from the country

im starting to think not only do you have problems separating genuine asylum seekers from economic migrants you are also utterly clueless what happens to people during various procedures of asylum

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
I reckon you can twist anything round to an EU story of woe, here's a challenge: "I had a bacon sandwich for breakfast today." I'll give you 10 minutes to concoct a story from my morning experience.

Well ignoring the financial shit show relating to the CAP, how about the consequences of Russian sanctions on EU farmers.......

http://news.yahoo.com/farmers-strike-france-challenging-eu-core-ideals-165203140.html

Not going well is it..........enjoy your bacon sandwich.

Sadly just like the beer producers, German pork farmers are unlikely to get any economic boost from your new friends.

The German Mosque builders and sandal manufacturers will be doing backflips this morning though.........like you said, it's good to have a balanced economy.

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
Which is why Cameron's idea to take the Syrian refugees from near the country seems a better idea than taking those that have trekked across Europe and could include those from countries that you have mentioned. If it is a humanitarian plight then surely it is better to take/help at the source.

It would seem so. In any case, the situation is more complicated than I first thought, and European governments will need a lot of wisdom and caution to deal with the crisis.

Well ignoring the financial shit show relating to the CAP, how about the consequences of Russian sanctions on EU farmers...

Talking about Russians, as much as I hate to admit it, they were right when they warned us about the consequences of supporting islamic fundamentalists against anciens régimes, bombing Libya etc. Now they can sit back, relax, eat some popcorn, and watch it all with mild amusment whilst saying "we told you so".

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Yesterday you posted about the situation with the refugees that had traveled to Poland from Syria, how they were not happy with their accommodation, the money received even though it was the same as a working Polish family etc. If the same feelings are felt in the countries that they finally end up in then it could cause trouble, especially in the countries that are accepting large numbers.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I can't see any risk higher than the current risk, so no. If a terrorist wants to travel they'll travel regardless of whether there's a refugee deal or not. This is just unsubstantiated scaremongering whipped up by the usual suspects.
Then youre genuinely stupid, and i didnt think that before, if you cant see the dangers of terrorists disguising themselves as asylum seekers amongst hundreds of thousands of people and using them as cover then youre ridiculously naive or on a wind up.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Then youre genuinely stupid, and i didnt think that before, if you cant see the dangers of terrorists disguising themselves as asylum seekers amongst hundreds of thousands of people and using them as cover then youre ridiculously naive or on a wind up.

Reported on Friday in the Berliner Morgenpost, the second most popular paper in the capital that 2 security staff at a refugee camp were beaten up by Syrians who told the guards that they were "members of ISIS and the guards were going to die"
http://www.morgenpost.de/berlin/art...-in-Aufnahmestelle-mit-Sicherheitsleuten.html

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here