Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK net migration hits record high

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
152zz45.jpg

Give him a council flat , the poor luv .

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

If fear that we are out of kilter with many parts of the world.

The West, certainly Europe has become politically passive, uber tolerant and fully inclusive, it a reasonable aspiration and something in many ways we can be proud of.

But we now have invited other more aggressive street wise countries and nationals many driven by a tribal religious zealousness into the fray, the successful migrants many successful chancers in their own country know that the rules are stacked in their favour.

They will fill their boots, knowing that they are unlikely to be challenged about anything whilst receiving support at a level very rarely afforded to UK citizens.

How Europe can somehow suck in 100 000's of migrants from countries with an Islamic dimension without thinking that active ISIS members and many more sympathisers wont infiltrate is for me a shocking indictment of the current policy of European governments especially Germany.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You cant reply cunning before me thats not fair
What about Merkel the Butcher of Europe?......you still think her plan to say sod the borders and all Syrians if they can traverse the hazards will be rewarded with asylum is a good plan?

Alternative thinking is that now they know there is a safe haven then their passage will not be as risky. They can use countries front doors, instead of the back doors. What I do find interesting is the main people and sources peddling this "Merkel is putting lives at risk" theory is quite predictable not to mention quite unimaginative. The same people and sources who are also standing on the side and sniping at those wanting to help....or even worse twisting it around and dressing up their theory as faux compassion.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Not doubting your personal sincerity, but has this been proven or the chap had admitted it? This would be worrying, and one wonders just how many more.

Who knows HG. Rumours that one chap involved in the Tunisian killings is traveling. Hopefully there are no killers and they are all genuine refugees.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
The "uprising" was caused by prolonged drought, the failure of farms, the movement of farmers to towns seeking work that wasn't there and the subsequent violent quelling of protests against the government at the time of the Arab Spring.

nothing to do with the fact that oppressive regimes were overthrown with help from the west resulting in virtual civil war which has escalated into to the point at which it currently rests....how has failure of crops resulted in a manic uprising in rabid muslim hatred...?? has failure of crops resulted im hundreds of kids being raped , crucified and murdered by isis filth....i really don't think so mate.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Who knows HG. Rumours that one chap involved in the Tunisian killings is traveling. Hopefully there are no killers and they are all genuine refugees.

Can I politely ask why you decided it to post it then if you have no idea whether it is genuine or not? It does not really aid sensible discussion does it? And I commend Hastings Gull for questioning it's validity.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Alternative thinking is that now they know there is a safe haven then their passage will not be as risky. They can use countries front doors, instead of the back doors. What I do find interesting is the main people and sources peddling this "Merkel is putting lives at risk" theory is quite predictable not to mention quite unimaginative. The same people and sources who are also standing on the side and sniping at those wanting to help....or even worse twisting it around and dressing up their theory as faux compassion.

The alternative thinking might just be flawed. Whichever door they chose to use will not necessarily be welcome and I would find it odd in the extreme if the Hungarians would want their main station to be clogged up all the time, even though there might well be less drownings in the Med. Would the Turks be keen to have this problem, then all the other countries that they cross. Merkel has chosen to rip up agreements, admittedly for altruistic reasons, with absolutely no consultation with other countries who will be affected. Folk will not be standing there with gifts year on year. As to the sniping - I think you have misunderstood this, and of course this may be deliberately convenient. Certainly from my point of view, if people want to help that is entirely to be commended, and I would not dream of sniping. What does annoy me and clearly from their responses, others, is when I am lectured to by those who have not done anything themselves, but use the internet to make themselves feel good. Have you seen anyone on here post that they have taken in an immigrant family, despite there being over the years ample opportunity?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Can I politely ask why you decided it to post it then if you have no idea whether it is genuine or not? It does not really aid sensible discussion does it? And I commend Hastings Gull for questioning it's validity.

Then you better politely ask many that just put up views and pictures which may or may not be valid as well. It does not really aid sensible discussion when posters are debating the UK problem, and since EU, from a position in the world that is not involved....unless SA has moved.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

You can sit at home and imagine all day if you like that Merkel saying all Syrians coming to Germany will be guaranteed asylum has zero impact and zero influence on Syrians deciding to use dangerous or deadly forms of transport to get to Germany......i would say crack on and dont worry about it but i suspect you are already in that frame of mind.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Five men have been arrested as they attempted to cross the Bulgarian-Macedonian border with decapitation videos and Islamic State propaganda on their phones. The terrorist suspects had been posing as refugees.

Bulgarian authorities near the Gyueshevo border checkpoint detained the five men, aged between 20 and 24, late on Wednesday, Bulgarian broadcaster NOVA TV reported.

The men were stopped by a border guard, who they attempted to bribe with a “wad of dollars.” However, they were searched and Islamic State propaganda, specific Jihadists prayers and decapitation videos were found on their phones.

In a move that suggests how seriously authorities are taking the case, the Bulgarian State Agency for National Security (DANS) has now taken control of the investigation under the supervision of the regional prosecutor’s office in Kyustendil.

The men chose to cross in a wooded area, local media have reported, and took a car from an accomplice who had crossed legally from Macedonia with the vehicle.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Then you better politely ask many that just put up views and pictures which may or may not be valid as well. It does not really aid sensible discussion when posters are debating the UK problem, and since EU, from a position in the world that is not involved....unless SA has moved.

I question the validity of everything posted on threads like these. I encourage everyone to do the same, including yourself. This standard "it has nothing to do with you" answer does not help your cause.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

Can you not see a security issue regarding a possible importation of terrorists.

Can you not see the hypocrisy regarding the tragic photo of the child, nearly as if people were unaware up until that point of the suffering of 100 000's children on the continent of Africa and other parts of the world, including the UK.

Can you not see the hypocrisy when people suddenly wish to help unknown refugees, whilst most only gave a cursory glance towards those millions displaced on the Syrian boarder without means or privilege to find themselves outside an eastern European train-station demanding free and unfettered passage to Germany.

I am not sure it is faux compassion but it is a compassion that oddly generally never quite made it to a neighbour, charity or child here in the UK.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Five men have been arrested as they attempted to cross the Bulgarian-Macedonian border with decapitation videos and Islamic State propaganda on their phones. The terrorist suspects had been posing as refugees.

Bulgarian authorities near the Gyueshevo border checkpoint detained the five men, aged between 20 and 24, late on Wednesday, Bulgarian broadcaster NOVA TV reported.

The men were stopped by a border guard, who they attempted to bribe with a “wad of dollars.” However, they were searched and Islamic State propaganda, specific Jihadists prayers and decapitation videos were found on their phones.

In a move that suggests how seriously authorities are taking the case, the Bulgarian State Agency for National Security (DANS) has now taken control of the investigation under the supervision of the regional prosecutor’s office in Kyustendil.

The men chose to cross in a wooded area, local media have reported, and took a car from an accomplice who had crossed legally from Macedonia with the vehicle.

Good. Was the man in the picture you posted one of them?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

here is a very simple question for you to answer A or B

has the announcement that all Syrians can enter Germany and receive automatic asylum encouraged people to head for Germany

A yes it has
B no it hasnt

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
As many on here will know I am left-leaning and I'm tolerant of immigration and do believe we should do we all we can for these migrants, within the boundaries of common sense and practicality.

However I am deeply concerned that ISIS sympathisers, or even ISIS members themselves, will seize this opportunity to infiltrate European borders.

What screening procedures are in place? How easy would it be for militia to deceive? It just takes one Jihadist nutter to kill scores of people, it is a genuine concern for me that amongst the hundreds of thousands of desperate, innocent migrants there will be baddies who are coming solely to destroy and terrorise.

I'd like to say the likes of Merkel knows what she's doing - but I can see this becoming a severe problem further down the line for Europe.

Not often that i agree with you. Now i suppose i must be careful but reports do show that there MAY be ISIS terrorists among those refugees. The trouble is that in peoples haste to sympathise and turn on the countries that were trying to do proper checks, the fasttrack system is now in place.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
It is of course disappointing when the manufacturing sector takes a dip. But, thank heavens they have a well balanced economy as, from your very article "Germany's booming services industry and manufacturers who roared ahead of the rest of Europe in August." :smile:

PS yes, I did say booming. But don't just take my word for it . Take the Telegraph's. You can even use your link to see how they describe it :lolol:

Yes, the same article that confirms a shock fall in demand.

The facts are, that the German economy, just like the wider EU is not booming. The ECB's QE program is in full swing and whilst this has improved the general situation the current and future headwinds do not indicate the German economy will be booming from some time to come.

With the Euro as weak as it is, Germany's export position should be more positive however internal EU demand is weak and China's malaise is adding to that dynamic.

Some sectors may be holding up and "booming" but the overall picture is far from it.

That said, I know you place a lot of store in the markets, so I am not surprised that you take a bullish view on the wider corporatist world..........

No wonder you are excited at the prospect of 800,000 new consumers arriving to come to Germany to buy shit.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
As many on here will know I am left-leaning and I'm tolerant of immigration and do believe we should do we all we can for these migrants, within the boundaries of common sense and practicality.

However I am deeply concerned that ISIS sympathisers, or even ISIS members themselves, will seize this opportunity to infiltrate European borders.

What screening procedures are in place? How easy would it be for militia to deceive? It just takes one Jihadist nutter to kill scores of people, it is a genuine concern for me that amongst the hundreds of thousands of desperate, innocent migrants there will be baddies who are coming solely to destroy and terrorise.

I'd like to say the likes of Merkel knows what she's doing - but I can see this becoming a severe problem further down the line for Europe.

This is what happens when a problem gets ignored until it is too late.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
I stated that we will have to wait a couple of months to see the mood of the people here and in Germany. I agree that for now Cameron has not done a bad job. Some forget that the title was about the mass immigration figures of 330,000 that came into this country....figures that Cameron was being ridiculed and lambasted for , by the press and media, just a few weeks ago.

Sure, Cameron would be politically mad given that recent news to fling the doors open.

Whether or not the press decide to print pictures of drowned 3 year olds the wider public mood is the same, immigration is a number one issue, and not to the extent that they want more. The press (no doubt under some influence) and some media commentators want the encourage the public to behave like some Pavlovian dog to these events, however it won't fly.

If it did Cameron would be seeing Merkel's 800k and raising her 200,000.

But he's not, and neither are many other leaders of other EU member states.........on the contrary the rhetoric is hardening.

Earlier this year Germany had a wave of Pegida protests, those people haven't gone away, I doubt they will be getting out the bunting for their new arrivals when they pull into their respective DB Hofs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here