Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK net migration hits record high

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
We agree that we want the best for the UK, and my family and friends future etc. why else would I be an active member of the Labour Party? It's certainly not for fun. Our vision and means of achievement differ though. Also, my work is UK based, and I pay business taxes in the UK; I do contribute. I'm happy for you to criticise my beliefs etc but I think it's unfair to suggest I don't care about the UK...I do.

You have a vision for a country you do not live in. If your vision does or does not work out it will not affect you as you will stay in Germany. It really makes no difference to you who is in power, who is the leader of which party atm, does it.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Vietnamese population in CZ is massive. For asian cornershops in UK, here they are all Vietnamese. Most of the 'Chinese' restaurants are also Vietnamese. They are also the major marijuana cultivators (good farmers) according to plod, and export tons of it to Holland. Mostly N.Vietnamese origin who were refugees taken by CZ during the war.
Massive market here in Prague

https://www.google.cz/search?q=prag...X&ved=0CB8QsARqFQoTCO7ynMO54McCFUS0Ggod7GYMuA

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I was requesting clarification which refugees he was talking about as it can be implied, and now doubt has been, that all refugees from Syria are trying to get to Europe. Is that ok with you?

As to why these countries cannot take refugees, it is a fair and valid question to which I do not know the answer. In the case of South Africa, the idiotic president has been sucking up to Assad recently and with the countries recent experiences with "xenophobic" attacks, I suspect that SA would not be hugely safe for them, depending upon where they went of course. And before you ask, I would happily take in a Syrian refugee family.

How very touching. You were talking about how many refugees South Africa has to demonstrate a point, yet if you would happily take in a Syrian family, then one can only assume that, despite the hundreds of thousands you quoted, you have not managed to happily take in an African family.
Yet another one.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
No connection at all. I've never even been to England. Joined the forum when Albion signed Tomek Kuszczak, and I sort of stayed. BHA is doomed to success, and I want to be able to tell all the other Polish glory hunters who will join NSC after Seagulls qualify to the Champions League that I WAS HERE FIRST.

So, are you Polish or British, because your command of English is really good. By the way, I will personally vouch for the fact that you were here first.

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
So, are you Polish or British, because your command of English is really good.

Thank you. I'm 100% Polish, but I like to think that my love for your country's literature (Evelyn Waugh, Graham Greene, Muriel Spark, to name just a few) makes me a little bit British at heart.

Hastings Gull said:
By the way, I will personally vouch for the fact that you were here first.

BeerCheersSmiley.gif

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
How very touching. You were talking about how many refugees South Africa has to demonstrate a point, yet if you would happily take in a Syrian family, then one can only assume that, despite the hundreds of thousands you quoted, you have not managed to happily take in an African family.
Yet another one.

You have absolutely no idea what I do here and who I have helped and I am not going to waste my time explaining to the likes of you. All I will say is that of those that I have helped, every one of them is 100 times more decent than you.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
You have absolutely no idea what I do here and who I have helped and I am not going to waste my time explaining to the likes of you. All I will say is that of those that I have helped, every one of them is 100 times more decent than you.

How conveniently vague! How would you know that everyone is "100 times more decent than you" as you do not know me. It works both ways.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Thank you. I'm 100% Polish, but I like to think that my love for your country's literature (Evelyn Waugh, Graham Greene, Muriel Spark, to name just a few) makes me a little bit British at heart.

BeerCheersSmiley.gif

The emoticon -was it in Polish Pivo or Piva -I know one is Russian and one is Polish. I did say that I had been in Poland, but the last time was in the 90s - I dare say it has changed massively since then - and was astonished as to how many folk spoke English, when I would have thought that Russian or German would have been predominate. I appreciate that at the time, neither was probably flavour of the month, but presumably there was an element of compulsion to at least study Russian in the schools. My mum's maiden name is Lowisch (she was German) -the name might sound familiar as we are apparently descended from "minor Polish aristocracy!"

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
The emoticon -was it in Polish Pivo or Piva -I know one is Russian and one is Polish. I did say that I had been in Poland, but the last time was in the 90s - I dare say it has changed massively since then - and was astonished as to how many folk spoke English, when I would have thought that Russian or German would have been predominate. I appreciate that at the time, neither was probably flavour of the month, but presumably there was an element of compulsion to at least study Russian in the schools. My mum's maiden name is Lowisch (she was German) -the name might sound familiar as we are apparently descended from "minor Polish aristocracy!"

Beer is piwo in Polish; not sure about Russian--when I went to 5th grade of primary school, the time when school children in Poland used to start their foreign language education (now they start in 1st grade!), compulsory Russian teaching was already a thing of the past, and we all learnt English. As for your mum's maiden name, it's probably Łowisz in Polish, so it looks like your roots are most likely either in Nowy Targ or Zakopane...

http://www.moikrewni.pl/mapa/kompletny/%C5%82owisz.html

... although, if there is a German connection then Kłodzko in Lower Silesia is also a possibility. It's a complicated thing, genealogy, especially in Central Europe because of all the migrations, wars, border shifts etc.

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
You may have hit on the answer to the Calais refugee (economic migrant?) crisis here. Simply send them unwanted women's clothing instead of mobile phones and they'll soon be off to somewhere where they are really appreciated...

Guerrero

Jul 17, 2010
Near Alicante.Spain
I hear Spain are taking some.
Should be interesting with no social housing and no social security unless you have paid in.
They may find themselves living like other "vagabundos" in parks and on beaches.
Spain has nothing for them.......so they won't want to come here.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Can anyone tell me why the German's are so glad to be getting so many migrants. There must be a conspiracy theory to this..

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
You say you would, but that assertion will never be tested.
As I've already said to you, I've fought for my country before , why wouldn't I do so again ?my assertion has already been tested.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Can anyone tell me why the German's are so glad to be getting so many migrants. There must be a conspiracy theory to this..

Im sure its down to just being generous.

The poorest and most vulnerable have been left behind in the camps,I understand this is where the UK will be taking its share from.Those with enough wealth to pay traffickers are accepting Merkels call to Germany,along with the poor who are fit enough for the journey.
The media loves to single out interviews with doctors,dentists,computer technicians and other highly skilled middle class Syrians as amongst the throng of people traipsing across Europe.
Hopefully these highly skilled people will return to Syrian when the killing stops,and it will stop one day.Im sure the Germans have no intention of stealing these already trained people permanently to prop up their economy, Germany after all has the lowest birth rate in the world and their labour market is shrinking.

Im sure there is no conspiracy surrounding this crisis and figures in the future will reflect this when they show how skilled Syrians did not receive permanent residency or citizenship in Germany but continued is their status as refugees to have ongoing temporary or long term residence permits until a point when it was safe to return home.

Only time will tell.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
As I've already said to you, I've fought for my country before , why wouldn't I do so again ?my assertion has already been tested.

No you said that you would fight if something similar to what is happening in Syria were to happen in the UK. That's not going to happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here