Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK net migration hits record high

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
‘How we respond will live with us. That is why people want so much to reach out’

In Brighton, Clare Struthers saw her garage fill up within 24 hours of her offering it as one of five drop-off points in the city, and her eight Facebook friends leaped to 2,500. In Bath, friends Ian Wood and Jonathan May have accumulated enough donations to fill an industrial storage unit, although they still need a marquee for their plan to build a kitchen in Calais. In Peebles, Tracy Owens, Sara Maciver and Joy Espie filled a horsebox and have already raised double their target to pay for diesel, so are now filling a lorry, too.
A convoy of around 15 cars from Birmingham were on the 10.50am Eurotunnel train on Saturday; later trains carried at least two vans from Glamorgan, five cars from Glasgow and “around seven” from a church in Kent which was not sure how many had joined its group. On Monday, at least 40 vehicles will be leaving from Dalston in east London.
Everyone wants to do something or give something to help people at the closest refugee camp to Britain – the “jungle” at Calais, where around 4,000 people are waiting for a chance to find a new European home.
For weeks, individuals have been packing ad hoc collections of clothes, tents, blankets and foodstuffs into the back of cars or rented vans and heading to Calais, touched by the plight of the refugees they have seen. That grassroots movement exploded last week with the pitiful death of Aylan Kurdi along with his brother and mother.
“The response has been more than I could have ever imagined,” said Struthers, who put her family home forward as a donations collection point for Calais Action last week and has roped in her mum to help.

Good to see Brits taking initiatives even if the government drag their feet.

Claire Struther's Calais Action - Brighton Facebook

Last edited:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
No you said that you would fight if something similar to what is happening in Syria were to happen in the UK. That's not going to happen.
You're wriggling because you've been caught out, I've been shot at and returned fire, I've seen people blown up and killed , I'd call that fighting for my country , and I'd do the same again, what exactly makes you think I wouldn't ?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
No you said that you would fight if something similar to what is happening in Syria were to happen in the UK. That's not going to happen.

Why bother asking then. You ask a question, do not like the reply, then state the situation would not happen anyway. Bizarre.

Jul 21, 2015
Yep, that is a concern. It gives the genuine refugees a bad reputation.

They have gone to Lesbos (an island) from safety in Turkey, and instead of respecting the locals in a small community, they are prepared to start riots against them.

I'm just wondering what they were expecting going to an Island in the first place. Free flight out of there to anywhere they wanted? Maybe they are upset because the traffickers promised them much more?

Oh dear, It's already started. German women will be made to wear burkas soon to avoid rape.

German Girls Must Cover Arms and Legs to Appease Syrian “Refugees”

So many nonwhite invaders from the Middle East have entered Germany over the past few months that a school headmaster in Bavaria has been forced to ask female pupils to cover up their arms and legs—for their own protection against local Syrian “refugees.”

In a letter sent to parents, Martin Thalhammer, head of the Wilhelm-Diess-Gymnasium in the town of Pocking, Bavaria—which has a normal population of around 15,000—female pupils have been asked to refrain from wearing “revealing clothes” because “refugee accommodation” has been set up next to the school’s gym.

Hundreds of Syrians have been housed in Pocking, part of a plan by the German government to cope with the 202,815 “asylum seekers” who invaded that country in 2014, and the expected 400,000 (800,000) “asylum” applications anticipated this year.

The Wilhelm-Diess-Gymnasium headmaster’s letter warned the students against wearing immodest clothes, and announced that the school’s gym had been shut down—and the Physical Education (PE) classes normally held there moved to a neighboring primary school.

“The Syrian citizens are mainly Muslims and speak Arabic. The refugees are marked by their own culture. Because our school is directly next to where they are staying, modest clothing should be adhered to. Revealing tops or blouses, shorts or miniskirts could lead to misunderstandings.”

The “misunderstandings” to which the letter refers are, of course, sexual attacks upon the white girls, as has happened everywhere else where Third World males have been allowed free rein in European communities.

For example, in Sweden, the number of nonwhite rapes of white females has risen so dramatically that that nation has now been officially classified as the “Rape Capital of the West” and is now number two on the list of rape countries, surpassed only by Lesotho in Southern Africa.

The headmaster also informed parents about additional security measures.

“For the refugees, access to the school gardens and buildings is strictly forbidden. The same goes for the school grounds during the day. The number of teachers on duty during breaks has been increased,” he wrote.

Incredibly, Thalhammer then went on to threaten the white children in the letter: the pupils are told to refrain from “direct eyeballing, ogling or taking pictures,” and concluded with “Derogatory or racial remarks cannot be tolerated in any way.”

According to Die Welt newspaper, Thalhammer’s letter was “not favorably received by some parents, but a local politician, who did not want to be named, told that newspaper that the move was “absolutely necessary.”

“When Muslim teenage boys go to open air swimming pools, they are overwhelmed when they see girls in bikinis,” he said.

“These boys, who come from a culture where it is frowned upon for women to show naked skin, follow girls and bother them without realizing. Obviously this is concerning for us,” he said.

http://newobserveronline.com/german-girls-must-cover-arms-and-legs-to-appease-syrian-refugees/

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
shoot me down in flames but this is rapidly turning into a disaster of biblical proportions with an effect that is playing out over a very large part of western asia and europe......seeing as the uprising has been largely brought about by the continual interference of the u.s and n.a.t.o in syria , iraq and tunisia......why are they not there now to finish the job....?? surely the isis hardcore are pretty well isolated now....i may not have a clue , i am eager to be enlightened...???

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
shoot me down in flames but this is rapidly turning into a disaster of biblical proportions with an effect that is playing out over a very large part of western asia and europe......seeing as the uprising has been largely brought about by the continual interference of the u.s and n.a.t.o in syria , iraq and tunisia......why are they not there now to finish the job....?? surely the isis hardcore are pretty well isolated now....i may not have a clue , i am eager to be enlightened...???

The "uprising" was caused by prolonged drought, the failure of farms, the movement of farmers to towns seeking work that wasn't there and the subsequent violent quelling of protests against the government at the time of the Arab Spring.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

Thanks for the advice

I am going to Calais next week,I don’t have time before then to deliver to a charity out of my travel zone over here .
if I decided to hand out clothing direct and at source at Calais is it best to give it to

A/the economic migrants at the jungle

B/a local Calais registered refugee organisation for people that have been given refugee status in France

im struggling to find one of the latter ones in the Calais area to be honest perhaps you can help on that matter

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ah the old you play ball now and things will be rosier for you later chestnut.........the way EU member states have shockingly reneged on the schengen and dublin agreements during this whole mass migration debacle for months would make me think they cant be trusted to keep any agreement ever

Burnham is a fool if he believes this

You can't deny Cameron has handled this atrociously though. I've said before he's a very poor and indecisive leader and the way he's muddling through this crisis just backs this up. He had a good opportunity to lead from the off here. Instead he sat back until the crisis was fully developed, finally made a statement, and two days later changed his mind when the tail wagged the dog.

D

Deleted member 22389

Thanks for the advice

I am going to Calais next week,I don’t have time before then to deliver to a charity out of my travel zone over here .
if I decided to hand out clothing direct and at source at Calais is it best to give it to

A/the economic migrants at the jungle

B/a local Calais registered refugee organisation for people that have been given refugee status in France

im struggling to find one of the latter ones in the Calais area to be honest perhaps you can help on that matter

Just make sure the food is not out of date

Jan 30, 2008
There are people who do want to help displaced Syrians.

If you want to help home a Syrian or be a volunteer take a look at this website. Thousands have already pledged their help.

It is good to see the human spirit of ordinary people willing to open their homes to assist those in crisis and conflict.

If you want to help locally, the Migrant English Project based at the Crowley Club in London Road always welcome volunteers to teach English and provide support or help behind the scenes. I was a volunteer there and I got a totally different picture of these people, far removed from that portrayed by the media and unsympathetic politicians.
I'd be more than happy to help them board a train or plane back to be re settled in their HOME land got your spare room ready yet ???
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
You can't deny Cameron has handled this atrociously though. I've said before he's a very poor and indecisive leader and the way he's muddling through this crisis just backs this up. He had a good opportunity to lead from the off here. Instead he sat back until the crisis was fully developed, finally made a statement, and two days later changed his mind when the tail wagged the dog.
Yep I agree
regards
DR

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

Really? which is the better option then? Cameron saying the UK will take refugees from the camps avoiding the death travel options or Merkel saying get yourself to Germany any way you can

If you want muddling through a crisis look no further than the stupid bitch Merkel.
Germany will not thank her in 20 years time

No one trusts The EU to keep to agreements or treaties anymore, this crisis has proven it,bit bloody stupid for you to say he should work with an organisation that is morally and legally(schengen and dublin) frucked in order to gain credibility .....i am not surprised as to the astonishing level of denial you pro Europeans are willing to defend concerning your no border is a good idea stance……..have a look around you what is going on regarding that

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

Wow, he is back -welcome home; hopefully a great improvement on what has gone on before of late! I did think this as well -either you help or you don't, but to announce that Britain is taking more after the sad scenes of last week, does rather remind one of tail wagging the dog.

D

Deleted member 22389

Really? which is the better option then? Cameron saying the UK will take refugees from the camps avoiding the death travel options or Merkel saying get yourself to Germany any way you can

If you want muddling through a crisis look no further than the stupid bitch Merkel.

No one trusts The EU to keep to agreements or treaties anymore, this crisis has proven it,bit bloody stupid for you to say he should work with an organisation that is morally and legally(schengen and dublin) frucked in order to gain credibility .....i am not surprised as to the astonishing level of denial you pro Europeans are willing to defend concerning your no border is a good idea stance……..have a look around you what is going on regarding that

I don't believe the media stories I am getting over here, It's being made to look like every single German is happy about this. I wish somebody could translate the comments from their main websites so we could gauge some real public opinion. May be I am wrong?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Just make sure the food is not out of date

in fairness everyone should moan if they are not starving about being palmed off with food that is out of the best before date.
these products are not quite the same quality when past the expiry date and the companies spend millions on advertising etc,i hope they write in and complain to someone even if its to the donors who got rid of all the out of date crap in their larder and sent it to these asylum seekers

no need to scare the lady half to death though and rob/ransack her van

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Primarily a sense of shame and guilt for what happened 75 years ago.

Sorry for those who saw my reply on this topic last week. I watched a chat on German TV when this very topic came up. One person said that you could not hark back to WW2 if a teenager decides to bring along a teddy bear to Munich station, and you could not really argue with that. However, I do wonder if subconsciously the national psyche is such that they do feel that they should show the world how more enlightened they are. That is not to deny the many spontaneous acts of kindness, which have impressed.
After the war, when mass media was used to spread propaganda, the setting up of TV was intended to educate rather more than is the case here -there are far more "serious" programmes. Over the last few weeks, they have shown all the acts of kindness, and the only mention of opposition is when extremists are blamed for their atrocities. However last night for the first time, albeit in my experience, air time was given to politicians voicing concerns, and in the street interviews similarly. Obviously I don't watch German TV all the time, and this may be an inaccurate observation, but it is not from the 40 odd channels I have as favourites, which includes a cross section. As one person rightly said on here, it is the numbers game, and they may now be starting to get cold feet.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I don't believe the media stories I am getting over here, It's being made to look like every single German is happy about this. I wish somebody could translate the comments from their main websites so we could gauge some real public opinion. May be I am wrong?

i dont believe you are wrong
I am not one to buy into conspiracy theories or anything like that but i have posted a number of posts recently purely about official EU figures concerning this crisis.These figures do not correspond to what sky news for example is telling everyone or portraying or even not portraying by not mentioning.......why has the biggest group seeking asylum(those from Kosovo) suddenly disappeared from the news..........i guess it doesnt sell and doesnt fit with the story

someone is being economical with the facts

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Think Merkel has lost it. On one head she welcomes anyone that can make the journey, on the other wants the other 26 states to take their share which is never going to happen.

Is this an opportunity for ISIS infiltrate Europe. I know this is UKIP speech (who I hate) but maybe a point...

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here