Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK net migration hits record high

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I disagree , his kids are adopted , no big deal, but by dressing it up like he did , he tried to make out it was some selfless compassionate act , rather than just plain and simply adopting kids.

You're ignoring the post he was replying to and drawing your own conclusion about what he meant.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
So with all your sniping... I'm interested to know what you doing to actively help people?

Ok, i am not sniping, is it not true that " we have over 4,000 ex servicemen on the streets, amongst many others, and many on this board going into overdrive about food banks". I thought that seeing as we have had plenty of posters posting on threads about food banks, austerity, and the poor in this country before this refugee problem arose, it was a valid point.
So what do i do, i give to charity, i also fairly regularly send money to someone who needs it, it paid for a three night stay for himself and his grandchildren (only in a caravan granted) in a theme park in England. I also contribute at Xmas so his family have a decent time. There are a couple of others i help out, people that are going through tough times, just a night out, a few drinks on me, nothing major.
Many years back i took in a young lodger who was getting physical abuse at home, he lived with me for about 2 years, he now has his own home and family.
Likewise i homed a chap who was far from home when i moved down here in 1987.
I pay my taxes which go towards the £12 billion foreign aid, if i am not happy with where it is being spent then i will say so.
If you had read my posts early on in this thread you would have seen that i would like to see some of the wasted money (imo) channeled to look after the refugees in camps over the Eastern side of Europe, before the trek and deaths occur.
Sniping, no, i just have a different opinion......which you do not like/agree with.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Pork Knuckle Pete forms a W above his head, pushes his face forward, and says "whateveeeeeer"

Is there a reason Herr Tub you re-registered and are not being your normal level headed self on your new account ?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
The wife is helping a number of refugees. The one I know most about is an "orphaned" youth living in a home on his own, no family. He made his way to Berlin after his parents were lost on a route via Turkey. I have no doubt they/he wanted out, and once out and on his own, he went where he felt his options would be greatest. Special exemptions have been made for him, especially from the local community who have housed him and are now tending to his education.

I find it incredible that some on here would dismiss this chap as a fraudster, not a true refugee, and an economic migrant seemingly on the take. I personally think he should be applauded for making it this far, not criticised. He's got more balls than many on this site.

For goodness sake stop covering your self in so much glory. No one knows anything about this chap, and so you have absolutely no evidence for your assertion, other than what you want to believe of other posts. If you or whoever is helping this lad, then good for you/them, and hopefully he will be eternally grateful, and go on to make a superb contribution to German society. But just get on with it, and don't then look around and crow about how morally superior you are.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton

I notice you're still yet to answer my question about offering a room in your home for some of the refugees - case of pot kettle and black springs to mind ( or a fishing trip ).

I am unable to house anyone because I have a tiny studio flat but I have worked with organisations supporting migrants over the last few years. It has been a rewarding experience and a cause I would recommend others to support.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
For goodness sake stop covering your self in so much glory. No one knows anything about this chap, and so you have absolutely no evidence for your assertion, other than what you want to believe of other posts. If you or whoever is helping this lad, then good for you/them, and hopefully he will be eternally grateful, and go on to make a superb contribution to German society. But just get on with it, and don't then look around and crow about how morally superior you are.

i don't think Pete is trying to cover himself with glory. What the **** have you done?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I am unable to house anyone because I have a tiny studio flat but I have worked with organisations supporting migrants over the last few years. It has been a rewarding experience and a cause I would recommend others to support.
ah, that explains why yours so keen for everybody else to.

Jul 21, 2015
would have thought that Hungary would be happy to be rid of them rather than delay their arrival in Germany .

[yt]7L3eSbpETf8[/YT]

[yt]HuLw4kJWv4M[/YT]

[yt]X2rmA9A7CEM[/YT]

I know the liberals like the BBC and Sky love showing peaceful Muslims etc but honestly, do you want these Muslims here?, Where are all the women and children?

[yt]vkEJ6fGFiwI[/yt]

[yt]fZZY8AWajUk[/yt]

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Well i have housed, but it seems that because i have a different opinion from those that give it the large one, but then conveniently state that they would house someone but can not, then people with a different opinion are the devil......priceless. The term "put up, or shut up" springs to mind.

Pork Knuckle Pete

at the meat party
Nov 1, 2010

1) Read my post again. I clearly stated in the very first sentence it's the wife helping; nothing to do with me. I don't take any glory for anything the Frau does. She's her own person.
2) Do you see the irony of you stating "No one knows anything about this chap"? How do you know this? How do you know what the authorities here know? How do you know what his school knows? Do you even know who this kid is or who his parents are? No, you know nothing more than the post you quoted but you're very very quick to judge on very limited information.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I know the liberals like the BBC and Sky love showing peaceful Muslims etc but honestly, do you want these Muslims here?, Where are all the women and children?

[yt]vkEJ6fGFiwI[/yt]

[yt]fZZY8AWajUk[/yt]

Yep, that is a concern. It gives the genuine refugees a bad reputation.

They have gone to Lesbos (an island) from safety in Turkey, and instead of respecting the locals in a small community, they are prepared to start riots against them.

I'm just wondering what they were expecting going to an Island in the first place. Free flight out of there to anywhere they wanted? Maybe they are upset because the traffickers promised them much more?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
1) Read my post again. I clearly stated in the very first sentence it's the wife helping; nothing to do with me. I don't take any glory for anything the Frau does. She's her own person.
2) Do you see the irony of you stating "No one knows anything about this chap"? How do you know this? How do you know what the authorities here know? How do you know what his school knows? Do you even know who this kid is or who his parents are? No, you know nothing more than the post you quoted but you're very very quick to judge on very limited information.

Does your Frau know whats happened to all the "genuine refugees" from Kosovo that have been refused Asylum in Germany,you seem to be rather clueless on this question.

Pork Knuckle Pete

at the meat party
Nov 1, 2010
Changing the subject a bit, Andy Burnham has made a good point that if Cameron wants to start negotiating and obtaining a revised EU Treaty then maybe now is a time to show leadership, fully engage with the EU to resolve this crisis and in turn build those important relationships he'll need in the future?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here