Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK net migration hits record high

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I did read somewhere that taking in a refugee from a Syrian camp under the programme that is being advocated is fully funded for one year out of the international coffers.There is no financial cost to the UK taxpayer in the first year. Those taking in refugees will have rent paid to them and have the refugee fully funded,for food,clothing etc.
As for social housing,there was some charity bigwig on sky yesterday who said no public or social housing should be used for the incoming Syrian refugees,everything will hopefully depend on people opening up their houses.
what happens after a year funding wise,i dont know,there is no way Syria is going to be safe to return to any time soon

£12 billion a year given in foreign aid by the UK, second only to the USA, and virtually as much as the rest of the EU countries put together. Surely a look at where it is being spent.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Yes.

Would you do that? Serious question. I don't know what I'd do.

If it was England and the place had been taken over by murderous lunatic Christians . . . well its a bit hard to imagine, but I would certainly not flee. I love my country and my life in it. I would imagine I could easily find groups of intelligent armed insurgents and yes I would join them.

If I was a Syrian, though, facing people who would kill me if they found me, and who were razing the country of all vestigas of humanity . . . . no recognisable opposition to join up with, just me and my bare fists . . . hmmm....

Actually, the main reason the answer would be 'no' is that Syria is not a place I'd want to spend the rest of my life in. Not sure if this means that in fact the migrants have no right to flee. I'm not Syrian so I really don't think its possible to answer your question.

I am concerned about the direction of this conversation. I am wondering whether next someone might suggest that the jews should have stayed in Germany and Poland and fought for their future in 'their' country, especially the young fit males, instead of attempting to flee from the Nazis.
You have heard of the peshmerga ?? There are several other militias and factions as well who are fighting against ISIS.

Pork Knuckle Pete

at the meat party
Nov 1, 2010
the apparent notion they must be treated with special exemptions because they have come from a war zone.

The wife is helping a number of refugees. The one I know most about is an "orphaned" youth living in a home on his own, no family. He made his way to Berlin after his parents were lost on a route via Turkey. I have no doubt they/he wanted out, and once out and on his own, he went where he felt his options would be greatest. Special exemptions have been made for him, especially from the local community who have housed him and are now tending to his education.

I find it incredible that some on here would dismiss this chap as a fraudster, not a true refugee, and an economic migrant seemingly on the take. I personally think he should be applauded for making it this far, not criticised. He's got more balls than many on this site.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
£12 billion a year given in foreign aid by the UK, second only to the USA, and virtually as much as the rest of the EU countries put together. Surely a look at where it is being spent.
Yep, and meanwhile the NHS is cutting back on cancer drugs that arent ''cost effective''.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
The wife is helping a number of refugees. The one I know most about is an "orphaned" youth living in a home on his own, no family. He made his way to Berlin after his parents were lost on a route via Turkey. I have no doubt they/he wanted out, and once out and on his own, he went where he felt his options would be greatest. Special exemptions have been made for him, especially from the local community who have housed him and are now tending to his education.

I find it incredible that some on here would dismiss this chap as a fraudster, not a true refugee, and an economic migrant seemingly on the take. I personally think he should be applauded for making it this far, not criticised. He's got more balls than many on this site.
Really ??Alfred Mizen ostentatiously scratches his chin. I find it incredible the stories some people will swallow.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Who has stated that they are all " a fraudster, not a true refugee, and an economic migrant seemingly on the take"..........just accusations as per usual.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Meanwhile we have over 4,000 ex servicemen on the streets, amongst many others, and many on this board going into overdrive about food banks.

So with all your sniping... I'm interested to know what you doing to actively help people?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Who has stated that they are all " a fraudster, not a true refugee, and an economic migrant seemingly on the take"..........just accusations as per usual.

See the post just before yours.

Pork Knuckle Pete

at the meat party
Nov 1, 2010
Really ??Alfred Mizen ostentatiously scratches his chin. I find it incredible the stories some people will swallow.

I'll reply again as you have edited your post.

Why are you so quick to judge this guy? In some respects it's irrelevant what his story is and what happened to his parents. The fact he is a young lad from Afghanistan who is living far away in a home all on his own is enough for me to be honest.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You have heard of the peshmerga ?? There are several other militias and factions as well who are fighting against ISIS.

I wouldn't join them if I was a Syrian. This is a Kurdish group.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

who has said true refugees are fraudsters or this chap is a fraudster? this guy has been granted refugee status so ergo is a genuine refugee. Germanys biggest influx at the beginning of the year however for asylum applications was from kosovo,most of these are refused refugee status........what have you done with these people,are they still milling about germany?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I wouldn't join them if I was a Syrian. This is a Kurdish group.
Youre confusing nationality with ethnicity, syrians are both kurdish and arab, for your guide , the small boy who drowned that was on the front page of the papers was kurdish.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011

Er what do people fleeing from the Syrian civil war have to do with the Peshmerga?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Nice try. Remove true from your sentence and ask again.

you said he was a true refugee....i agree with you,he has been granted refugee status

you seem to be confusing refugees with those that are seeking asylum who may or may not be true refugees.

any news on the Kosovans? perhaps they have just minced off into the black economy.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Er what do people fleeing from the Syrian civil war have to do with the Peshmerga?

AH I've just seen the other post!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here