UK net migration hits record high

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
FAMILY COME FIRST YOU CLOWN, what other people get up to i'm not interested in especially when they don't live here
regards
DR
Family comes first for the majority of these people you seem to despise too you know..

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Aaaaaah so you the one that is morally superiour ............

I didn't say that. It's not about being morally superior. It's about giving a shit about other people.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
We are helping the refugees the UK gives more aid than most others. If Scotland had got independence I wonder if they would change its attitude towards the Refugess because they know most would want to go South of the Wall. The UK does take over 200,000per year. I better be carful what I say doing my familey tree and it looks like my ancestors came from Amsterdam via Ireland and then India on one side and the other they are bloody frogs. 🇬🇧

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
FAMILY COME FIRST YOU CLOWN, what other people get up to i'm not interested in especially when they don't live here
regards
DR

So if you're in the fortunate position where your family are OK, then you should help?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
why would it be more difficult than them coming here ?

Is there really any point in us discussing it?

We could go down the road of 8 posts each, ending with some insults, but at the end of the day, we're both experienced enough to know you are not going to listen or agree with me, and likewise me with you. So we may as well stick to occasional thumbs, and the odd insult I reckon.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Is there really any point in us discussing it?

We could go down the road of 8 posts each, ending with some insults, but at the end of the day, we're both experienced enough to know you are not going to listen or agree with me, and likewise me with you. So we may as well stick to occasional thumbs, and the odd insult I reckon.
if we went down that route then there wouldnt be a forum would there ?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
But aren't the majority of Syrian refugees already in camps in Turkey, Lebanon and Jordan?

Of 6m estimated refugees, 2m are thought to be within Syria, 3 - 4m in Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan and neighbours, with a small percentage trying to get into the EU.

1.75m in Turkey, 1.2m in Lebanon, 630,000 in Jordan, 105,000 in Germany, 5,000 in the UK. But that's not a fair share apparently.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
1.75m in Turkey, 1.2m in Lebanon, 630,000 in Jordan, 105,000 in Germany, 5,000 in the UK. But that's not a fair share apparently.

5000. So just over the capacity of the Dripping Pan. No wonder people are concerned about the end of England as we know it.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
We are helping the refugees the UK gives more aid than most others. If Scotland had got independence I wonder if they would change its attitude towards the Refugess because they know most would want to go South of the Wall. The UK does take over 200,000per year. I better be carful what I say doing my familey tree and it looks like my ancestors came from Amsterdam via Ireland and then India on one side and the other they are bloody frogs. ����
We are 2nd behind the states at 12.4 billion and the public also donate 11 billion a year to various foreign aids.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I genuinely don't know here. I thought that the principle of free movement applied to EU nationals, so to speak. If you are a French citizen, you can then move to and work quite legally in the UK and vice versa. So are you saying that if France approves an asylum seeker from Syria, or wherever, and gives them right of residence, they also have this automatic right to go all over the EU? Does right of residence mean that particular country or anywhere they fancy?
Asylum seekers do not have the right to get asylum in 1 EU country, and then just move to another.

They do not suddenly have freedom of movement throughout Europe, so no worries on that score.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports