Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK net migration hits record high

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Few hours is exactly what I meant. If you'd taken a moment to reread my post, that was pretty clear.
I did read your post , it was responding to people who were making laughable attempts to explain why there is a preponderance of single men in images of asylum seekers, these people were explaining why these men had purportedly left families behind thousands of miles away, nowhere did either you or the other posters claim that the families were close by and had been temporarily left in a safe place whilst the men looked for food/shelter etc, in fact , i'll go as far as to say youre trying to wriggle out of what was plainly a ridiculous attempt at excusing your gullibility.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Are you a Walter Mitty, not long back you were emigrating if the Tories got in.....
Next when challenged you were not emigrating but we're going to Forest Gumption around the world to escape this terrible government. ..Now you are going to set up a home for the homeless. What next, set up a sanctuary for the homeless people's pets. Nibble Theresa is amongst us..

The bloke sure is a wanker eh? Going around trying to help out others!

Seems a strange thing to be having a pop at him about.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Are you a Walter Mitty, not long back you were emigrating if the Tories got in.....
Next when challenged you were not emigrating but we're going to Forest Gumption around the world to escape this terrible government. ..Now you are going to set up a home for the homeless. What next, set up a sanctuary for the homeless people's pets. Nibble Theresa is amongst us..
:lolol: pretty much nails our resident fantasist.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

It's bloody amazing how many things one can achieve, simultaneously, with the effort and finances. Just because some people are living life on one narrow path don't assume we all think that's the way we all live.
You asked what I was doing to help, I told you. If you don't like the answers don't ask the questions.
Point of fact, I never said I was emigrating, I said I was leaving the country.
And try and stay on point, I can see the resident gobshites circling to derail the thread and I want no part of it. Laters.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

I never used the word "wanker" so stop stirring. I merely pointed out what he had been planning to do before. ..but never did.
Has he helped others yet? Sure threatening to....hopefully more genuine and believable than his previous projects, like emigrating and travelling around the world eh.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I never used the word "wanker" so stop stirring. I merely pointed out what he had been planning to do before. ..but never did.
Has he helped others yet? Sure threatening to....hopefully more genuine and believable than his previous projects, like emigrating and travelling around the world eh.

I got left some money by the three members of my family that died recently, I want to do something positive and helpful with it. I'm in the process of setting these things up. To do it properly and so it lasts the planning has to be spot on. It takes time. And yes I am going travelling in November. If you feel that's worthy of taking the mick out of that says more about you than me.
I'll leave you to your cynical, depressing comments. Things to do.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I did read your post , it was responding to people who were making laughable attempts to explain why there is a preponderance of single men in images of asylum seekers, these people were explaining why these men had purportedly left families behind thousands of miles away, nowhere did either you or the other posters claim that the families were close by and had been temporarily left in a safe place whilst the men looked for food/shelter etc, in fact , i'll go as far as to say youre trying to wriggle out of what was plainly a ridiculous attempt at excusing your gullibility.

I'm wriggling. :lolol:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I got left some money by the three members of my family that died recently, I want to do something positive and helpful with it. I'm in the process of setting these things up. To do it properly and so it lasts the planning has to be spot on. It takes time. And yes I am going travelling in November. If you feel that's worthy of taking the mick out of that says more about you than me.
I'll leave you to your cynical, depressing comments. Things to do.
So you are not emigrating then. I can't remember what you exactly stated, but there was no way you were going to stay in this country if the Tories got in. At the time I quite admired your robot stance....seems it was just folly. Have a great Xmas in whichever country you end up in, and good luck with your inspiring and humane project if you return to the country you promised (and I recall you did promise) to emigrate from. Hopefully one of your projects will come to fruition..
Eventually

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
No i'm a realist, if you want to believe that these blokes have f***ed off for months if not years at a time from genuinely life threatening situations , leaving their wives and kids in places that are as ''safe, warm and dry as can be '' while they look for somewhere better then thats up to you, leave them for a few hours, , a day, maybe even a week while they look for something better , then i'll buy that, but to cross continents , leaving their wives and kids at the mercy of people who will do them harm ?? Do me a favour.......

The Milibands' Grandad did this though.

When his son Adolf was called up for the Belgian Army in 1940 they both had it on their toes and left for blighty. This meant their Grandma and Adolf's daughter left to deal with their fate of being jewish in German occupied Belgium.

I'm sure there departure was not a selfish act.....................I sure the British public would have treated such people as heroes.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
So you are not emigrating then. I can't remember what you exactly stated, but there was no way you were going to stay in this country if the Tories got in. At the time I quite admired your robot stance....seems it was just folly. Have a great Xmas in whichever country you end up in, and good luck with your inspiring and humane project if you return to the country you promised (and I recall you did promise) to emigrate from. Hopefully one of your projects will come to fruition..
Eventually

Thank goodness the world isn't full of wankers like you.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
You will of course have noticed that apart from the post you quoted (which was clearly a joke with my old sparring partner SM) I have commented very little about what is going on in the UK and more about the situation as a whole. Personally I think that my points and opinions are as valid as anyone else's on this topic so i will carry on if it is all the same to you. :thumbsup:

i suppose we'll beg to differ then ....as long as it's not your parents that are getting hassled by romanians or hungarians it's all good , no doubt.:thumbsup:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I'm glad you feel that way because the innocent victims are coming here for help.

Really? and you know this how??, there is no doubt many genuine refugees from Syria, who under international law should be helped as long as they also follow the law. But Ive seen interviews with a group from Eritrea and a group of 4 who travelled from Nigeria to Libya to pay people traffickers to get them to Europe because they were "tired of life in Nigeria".

There is a massive wave of immigration and within that wave are some genuine desperate cases who need a controlled helpful solution and many economic migrants who simply want a better life who don't conform to refugee rules and should be treated as illegal immigrants.

If my life was in genuine danger i'd expect help under UN laws.

However, I dont like my job particularly, having to pay the mortgage, massive childcare, taxes, council tax, NI,high prices for stuff, the shit weather, Its often a struggle, but that doesn't give me the right to move to the relative jump up of Marbella or the Hollywood hills and insist I want to live in that area with a better life as i'm tired of the struggles in this one.

Right now its all out of control, the genuine are in amongst the opportunists, nearly all flout the rules on applying for asylum, and try and move to their destination of choice.

You Nibble, have offered some land for an asylum seeker, thats commendable and shows your heart, but what of your head?

If its just one or two, problem solved as I'm sure you have already budgeted for that, but will that end or stem the tide? will that bring control to an out of control situation? If you take 2 people, then what if another 10 come knocking on your door, your compassion may be the same, but do you have the space and the resources to feed them all and will that stem the tide or bring control?,and even if you managed 10, then what when the next 100 come?

and how many of them are really in genuine life threatening need and how many passed all the other safe houses in your street, spent time camping in your next door neighbours house, but chose to break into yours because they heard its better, and your free food and roof is better than where they lived before.

Compassion and common sense are not mutually exclusive, there is a massive unprecedented problem that's out of control, it needs to be controlled. The genuine get genuine help and sent to a country of the EU's choosing, not their own, and the non genuine removed.

daveybgtt

May 12, 2010
North Sompting
I was watching "how to get a councile house" or somesuch on channel 4 a few weeks back, and it seems there already isn't enought socila housing to go round, where is the extra accommodation going to come from, and will these new asylum seekers "jump the queue" so to speak?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
i suppose we'll beg to differ then ....as long as it's not your parents that are getting hassled by romanians or hungarians it's all good , no doubt.:thumbsup:

Nah my parents don't get hassled by Romanians or Hungarians. There were a family of Romanians at the house a lot when i last went over. My brother met them through his building work. Loverly bunch of people who help my parents out quite often.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Nah my parents don't get hassled by Romanians or Hungarians. There were a family of Romanians at the house a lot when i last went over. My brother met them through his building work. Loverly bunch of people who help my parents out quite often.

ooohh you are truly blessed aren't you....??? you lucky *******.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Never mind, you will soon be rid eh, when you have emigrated, whilst raking in the proceeds of this Help the Homeless project. ...If it gets off the ground.

As I said , I am not emigrating.

For clarity, it's not a "help the homeless" project it's just a business that happens to train and employ homeless people. What's notable is that when I discuss this with most normal people they don't seem to see it as a big deal. When narrow minded people hear of it they seem to want to belittle it or make a deal out of it. It's very telling about someone's view of the world and outlook in general whether they see employing people who need a break as some huge deal or as just a natural thing to do.
Or maybe you don't see it as a big deal and just picked up on it as a way to have a pop at me because we don't have the same views on immigration. Either way, you don't come out of it well.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

No he says that he is going round trying to help others, after having said that he was leaving the country, and that he is going to donate some of his land. though hasn't quite got round to doing it yet. Not surprisingly, and given his latest outburst about others being gobxxxxx, one wonders as to his altruistic credentials.

Pork Knuckle Pete

at the meat party
Nov 1, 2010
I was watching "how to get a councile house" or somesuch on channel 4 a few weeks back, and it seems there already isn't enought socila housing to go round, where is the extra accommodation going to come from, and will these new asylum seekers "jump the queue" so to speak?

May I suggest you stop watching trash tv and start reading a bit more?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here