Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK net migration hits record high

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Actually when i say young in this context its people who are of working age. And yes that is a horrendous number. We need to do more to give people the right skills to land jobs in todays economy. To let people leave school with little english or maths skills is totlally unacceptable (and i point at both parties here). Without a growing capable workforce then we will accelerate our long economic and political descent

But my point was why do you feel we need more immigration ?

At present there are no specific skills, qualification or visas required from someone within the EU to enter, non at all, but you still say we need more.

More for what ??

And we're off, the first unfounded smear of the thread , anyone wanting to talk about immigration or even take control of our own borders is a ''right wing extremist''.

No. I'm not suggesting that everyone with concerns about immigration is a right wing extremist. But, undoubtedly, among the folk who are most loquacious about the subject are some people who are right wing extremists. And they are deluded if they think it is obvious that an EU referendum will result in the UK leaving the EU.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
No. I'm not suggesting that everyone with concerns about immigration is a right wing extremist. But, undoubtedly, among the folk who are most loquacious about the subject are some people who are right wing extremists. And they are deluded if they think it is obvious that an EU referendum will result in the UK leaving the EU.

What a load of drivel, you really let yourself down.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
What a load of drivel, you really let yourself down.

Come off it. Are you claiming the UK doesn't have right wing
Extremists?
The BNP
EDL
March for England
Some members of UKIP

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
no one's saying an end to immigration, more along the lines of who the government want's entering the country , there is a difference
regards
DR

EXACTLY! all the do gooder's talking about humanitarian issues , sorry that doesn't wash with me and probably a fair few others in this country, STOP THEM FROM ENTERING THE EU AND SEND THEM BACK, we're full up here in the UK simple as that !!!!
regards
DR

Hang on...

Jan 30, 2008
no. I'm not suggesting that everyone with concerns about immigration is a right wing extremist. But, undoubtedly, among the folk who are most loquacious about the subject are some people who are right wing extremists. And they are deluded if they think it is obvious that an eu referendum will result in the uk leaving the eu.
more spin than a washing machine LB :rolleyes:
regards
DR

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Extremists?
The BNP
EDL
March for England
Some members of UKIP

Rubbish, most of the people that are most loquacious are neither a member of a fascist organisation nor a right wing extremist.

Any views being called 'right wing' is reasonable enough, but calling them extremist or a likely member of your above list is absolutely not accurate and not fair.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Extremists?
The BNP
EDL
March for England
Some members of UKIP

Here we have it, a discussion on immigration, not to your liking, throw in the the normal candidates.
Has it not crossed your mind that most are NOT against immigration but want it controlled, has it not crossed your mind that MANY who do not support your usual list are also against the uncontrolled immigration and the figures....thought not.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Of course they're not, you know they're not, I havent forgotten where i've come from though .

So you migrated from some urban hell hole to the leafy Paradise that is Haywards Heath, to improve your quality of life? And yet, you would condemn foreign migrants who are fleeing real possibility of death,for wanting a better quality of life in Britain.

A solution to the housing problem maybe to build thousands and thousands of new low cost houses on Brown field sites.
We could get East European brickies, plumbers, plastered, and sparkies to move to this country to build them

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Yeah agree the country is very divided and a lot of these cultures tend to be the highly religious types...Many Eastern Europeans do integrate to be honest and do like a few shandy's and a giggle,but of course all towns and cities can be different.
Mostly it's the pakistani,Indians and blacks that don't integrate and prefer their own patch...this should certainly not be happening,but it has for decades.
Problem is "religion" here as most dislike our culture and way of life...yet feel the need to disrespect us and even though we gave them a new life and a fresh start.
Religion more than anything is causing divide by certain ethic groups.
i disagree there ,i find indians integrate the best out of the 3 groups , but so do some blacks as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here