Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK net migration hits record high

D

Deleted member 22389

People have many different opinions for many different reasons.

Not sure this is relevant to the point about not wanting to live near Asylum Seekers though?

I'm making the point that the people I know struggled going through the proper channels, follow the rules, the law, and they feel annoyed at the way Asylum Seekers arrive in the UK.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
My friend married a Ukrainian, she has been through the proper channels and has indefinite leave to remain, it was a real struggle for to get this far. Last night we all spoke about migration to the UK, whether you think it is hypocritical or not she was off the opinion that the UK is a soft touch and that UK is and has let too many people in. I had the same discussion a few months back with my wife's friend who came over from Cameroon, and is a teacher. Once again she went through the proper channels, it wasn't easy, and once again she has the same opinions. They both said it wouldn't happen in their own countries, firstly because there is nothing to claim and secondly the people of their own countries wouldn't put up with some of the shenanigans that go on in the UK.

Exactly, i mentioned this a while back and i work and talk to many many many different nationalities, they realise that enough is enough.....shame to do gooders and people that do NOT even live here do not agree.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I'm making the point that the people I know struggled going through the proper channels, follow the rules, the law, and they feel annoyed at the way Asylum Seekers arrive in the UK.

Well I struggled going through the proper channels, followed the rules and the law trying to get into Australia and I don't feel annoyed about the way Asylum Seekers arrive here. All i see are desperate people fleeing almighty shit storms trying to make a life for themselves. Like I say people have many different opinions for many different reasons.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I have met so many people like the people in the video that it is easy to believe that they are genuine and bona fide. You may choose to mistrust the video and doubt its validity but you are doing so from exactly the same position as you accuse me of. The fact is I know that people like those in the video exists because I have met them, hundreds of them. This is why I know that yours and AM's idea that no-one wants to live within 20 miles of an Asylum seeker is nonsense, you don't want to but that doesn't mean that others share your opinion.

Of course they are genuine -I don't doubt that. But anyone can smile and welcome them, but when the real sacrifice starts then this may be a different matter. Standing on the road smiling is all very well - having to wait at A&E, for example, is another. Of course I don't distrust the video; I watch German TV most nights and know that there are many "burgerinitiativen" to welcome immigrants. Perhaps if you were not to keep jumping to conclusions, then that might help. My point, if you are interested, is that the welcomers are not necessarily representative, and there is absolutely no way of knowing if they are happy to live next door to a hostel full of immigrants, as you claimed. There is no way of even knowing that they live in that town, and such is the quite clear orchestration of the welcome, than it is quite possible that all sorts of do-gooders turned up. Yes, they believe that they are doing humanity a favour, and as such they can be lauded. And these people do exist -who has ever said otherwise - my previous point is that it can be very annoying to others, often working class folk, who would have to live with the consequences of their policies.
Please stop this stupidity about 20 miles - AM clearly meant that as a turn of phrase to make a point, as you well know. It was not meant literally. Of course it would not bother me if an immigrant family lived within 20 miles - in fact in the UK I would estimate that there is probably no one more than 20 miles from an immigrant family!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Of course they are genuine -I don't doubt that. But anyone can smile and welcome them, but when the real sacrifice starts then this may be a different matter. Standing on the road smiling is all very well - having to wait at A&E, for example, is another. Of course I don't distrust the video; I watch German TV most nights and know that there are many "burgerinitiativen" to welcome immigrants. Perhaps if you were not to keep jumping to conclusions, then that might help. My point, if you are interested, is that the welcomers are not necessarily representative, and there is absolutely no way of knowing if they are happy to live next door to a hostel full of immigrants, as you claimed. There is no way of even knowing that they live in that town, and such is the quite clear orchestration of the welcome, than it is quite possible that all sorts of do-gooders turned up. Yes, they believe that they are doing humanity a favour, and as such they can be lauded. And these people do exist -who has ever said otherwise - my previous point is that it can be very annoying to others, often working class folk, who would have to live with the consequences of their policies.
Please stop this stupidity about 20 miles - AM clearly meant that as a turn of phrase to make a point, as you well know. It was not meant literally. Of course it would not bother me if an immigrant family lived within 20 miles - in fact in the UK I would estimate that there is probably no one more than 20 miles from an immigrant family!

Well, you see AM said this,

Yes of course there is , you know, and i know, that the people on here championing immigration, wont have a single one of these immigrants within a 20 mile radius, thats why they're so keen on it, other people will have to deal with it.

Which suggests that he doesn't think that these people exist. This is the post I responded to which started the whole conversation that lead to this post.

So to answer your question. alfredmizen did.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Well, you see AM said this,

Which suggests that he doesn't think that these people exist. This is the post I responded to which started the whole conversation that lead to this post.

So to answer your question. alfredmizen did.

I think you have totally misunderstood what AM was saying. Of course he knows that people willing to encourage mass immigration exist; just that his point was that there is often much hypocrisy that goes with it. They encourage immigration, knowing that they are never likely to live with the consequences i.e. living close or god forbid in an area that has been so transformed. Hence his mention of 20 miles, which was never meant to be a hard and fast rule, as you well know - or sadly, perhaps you didn't realise.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I think you have totally misunderstood what AM was saying. Of course he knows that people willing to encourage mass immigration exist; just that his point was that there is often much hypocrisy that goes with it. They encourage immigration, knowing that they are never likely to live with the consequences i.e. living close or god forbid in an area that has been so transformed. Hence his mention of 20 miles, which was never meant to be a hard and fast rule, as you well know - or sadly, perhaps you didn't realise.

D

Deleted member 22389

Well I struggled going through the proper channels, followed the rules and the law trying to get into Australia and I don't feel annoyed about the way Asylum Seekers arrive here. All i see are desperate people fleeing almighty shit storms trying to make a life for themselves. Like I say people have many different opinions for many different reasons.

I don't buy it when I see people in Calais. A large majority seem to be economic migrants to me, who damn well know that if they succeed in getting to the UK they will use our system to try and stay in the UK. These people are not stupid, they all seem to have mobile phones so are probably on phones to people in the UK who already made it here. If things where that shit they would stay in France. I want a proper system put in place that identifies people who are in genuine need and those that are economic migrants. This is where the EU has failed miserably.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Pretty much nails it.

Jan 30, 2008
it's probably ****ed beyond repair DR,or certainly will be before they realise

the EU is the biggest political disater ever,giving up borders,I mean what's the ****ing point of countries having names these days

it's a closed shop mate,only the wealthy get voted into power and they don't give a shit about the general population's views only their massive swelling bank accounts
totally agree
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
it's the numbers game you din
regards
DR

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I don't buy it when I see people in Calais. A large majority seem to be economic migrants to me, who damn well know that if they succeed in getting to the UK they will use our system to try and stay in the UK. These people are not stupid, they all seem to have mobile phones so are probably on phones to people in the UK who already made it here. If things where that shit they would stay in France. I want a proper system put in place that identifies people who are in genuine need and those that are economic migrants. This is where the EU has failed miserably.

Yes, I see your point and am also dubious as how many are fleeing from actual persecution. One might well say that genuine refugees have a greater case than "simple" economic migrants. But given that by all accounts they throw away their papers, if they ever existed in the first place, it is hellishly difficult to differentiate, and in this it is unfair to blame the EU or do you think I have missed something? Given the countries from which they have come, I imagine it is also very hard if not impossible to phone eg Mogadishu 224455 and establish the credentials of Mohammed. It is perhaps just a sad fact of life that the genuine cases are not believed because of the fraudulent claims.

Jan 30, 2008
Yes, I see your point and am also dubious as how many are fleeing from actual persecution. One might well say that genuine refugees have a greater case than "simple" economic migrants. But given that by all accounts they throw away their papers, if they ever existed in the first place, it is hellishly difficult to differentiate, and in this it is unfair to blame the EU or do you think I have missed something? Given the countries from which they have come, I imagine it is also very hard if not impossible to phone eg Mogadishu 224455 and establish the credentials of Mohammed. It is perhaps just a sad fact of life that the genuine cases are not believed because of the fraudulent claims.
COME ON LETS GET REAL it's phone a friend when they've got their foot in the door :nono:
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here