UK net migration hits record high

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
You should be a psychologist Looney your ability to diagnose someone by an internet profile is uncanny. You could do like an online practice your just as good as those survey things people do on facebook.

If I was a narcissist I would love the fact that after one wry observation this thread has become all about me......... so thanks for that.

Actually I would rather get back on topic as this whole 'you don't leave here' nonsense has been done to death. Actually you should be careful because unless you live in the US your posting (trolling) on the USA shooting thread could be seen as being hypocritcal - 'You don't even live there", "your opinions on that thread are clouded by the fact that you are safe from any negative outcomes int he US and safe from any reprisals in the UK"

Of course getting back on topic would mean that you actually have to form an opinion on the subject rather than just attacking other posters.

I'll just correct your logical errors.

No, being a Narc is about worshipping yourself not worship by others.

No. Opinions on gun ownership apply to the UK.

Oh and nevermind about what psycology I understand, Im not the only one who has got you sussed.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

burstead

Not a Registered User
Jul 24, 2010

Thanks. yes, when asked if they would pull funding he did say "most likely, yes" and it does seem that the express was just exaggerating for sales/clicks.
HRF's clarification response was very vague but it looks like they haven't actually stopped their funding yet. I was also surprised to hear that this was the first ever visit to the camp by them.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I'll just correct your logical errors.

No, being a Narc is about worshipping yourself not worship by others.

No. Opinions on gun ownership apply to the UK.

Oh and nevermind about what psycology I understand, Im not the only one who has got you sussed.

I will leave your own logical errors as I would like to get back on topic. I tired of talking about me (as interesting as your cod psychology driven opinions are.)

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
If you do shall we get back on topic?

Yes, and the topic is............UK net migration hits record high, which you have been very vocal on.
You stated quote: " I have made no comment on mass immigration to the UK precisely because of the reasons you state in your post."...not on this thread perhaps, but on other similar threads.

And quote: " unwillingness to understand is the crux of our endless disagreements"..... perhaps they are perfectly understood, just maybe the "crux" of the matter is that he does not agree, which is why there are "endless disagreements".

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
You should be a psychologist Looney your ability to diagnose someone by an internet profile is uncanny. You could do like an online practice your just as good as those survey things people do on facebook.

If I was a narcissist I would love the fact that after one wry observation this thread has become all about me......... so thanks for that.

Actually I would rather get back on topic as this whole 'you don't leave here' nonsense has been done to death. Actually you should be careful because unless you live in the US your posting (trolling) on the USA shooting thread could be seen as being hypocritcal - 'You don't even live there", "your opinions on that thread are clouded by the fact that you are safe from any negative outcomes int he US and safe from any reprisals in the UK"

Of course getting back on topic would mean that you actually have to form an opinion on the subject rather than just attacking other posters.

**** me, you're boring!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Yes, and the topic is............UK net migration hits record high, which you have been very vocal on.
You stated quote: " I have made no comment on mass immigration to the UK precisely because of the reasons you state in your post."...not on this thread perhaps, but on other similar threads.

And quote: " unwillingness to understand is the crux of our endless disagreements"..... perhaps they are perfectly understood, just maybe the "crux" of the matter is that he does not agree, which is why there are "endless disagreements".

Not really back on topic is it.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I'm always baffled as to why so many migrants make the effort to come all the way to Britain, as opposed to any of the other European nations they pass through. if I was in that situation, I'd much rather go and live in Italy, Germany or France.

Jan 30, 2008
I'm always baffled as to why so many migrants make the effort to come all the way to Britain, as opposed to any of the other European nations they pass through. if I was in that situation, I'd much rather go and live in Italy, Germany or France.
Welcome to the country that keeps on giving :rant:
regards
DR

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

The general suspicion is that they are attracted to Britain because of the immediacy of benefits, but I really don't know if this is actually more true of the UK than other European countries. I saw something on German TV the other night, detailing what is handed out to immigrants on a monthly basis, in the way of pocket money, and it was roughly similar. Perhaps we are more generous with free housing etc? On another tack, weather-wise, you would think they might prefer Italy?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
The general suspicion is that they are attracted to Britain because of the immediacy of benefits, but I really don't know if this is actually more true of the UK than other European countries. I saw something on German TV the other night, detailing what is handed out to immigrants on a monthly basis, in the way of pocket money, and it was roughly similar. Perhaps we are more generous with free housing etc? On another tack, weather-wise, you would think they might prefer Italy?

I get the impression that countries like Italy and Spain tend to look after their own first, where as in England i believe it is the other way around.

Leyton Gull

Banned
Sep 14, 2015

Most DO but there's the language thing.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
You make some good points here HG. Your problem is though that you have completely misread my stance on this subject and set up your own straw man argument. If you look at my contribution to this thread you will find no comment on mass immigration per se (this is something we have gone over and over and your unwillingness to understand is the crux of our endless disagreements) you will find that my comments are about refugees and asylum seekers and the misinformation posted. I have made no comment on mass immigration to the UK precisely because of the reasons you state in your post. To put that one to bed lets say I am agnostic about the effects of immigration to the UK. The point is that you seem to be saying that i can't have and shouldn't share my opinion on mass immigration to the UK because i don't see what is going on. Well i agree and I haven't (feel free to have a look and prove me wrong). What i have commented in is the global issue (of which i am a part) of refugees and displaced persons (which I agree is effected by the rest of the immigration to the UK issue and certainly does have some overlaps).

As an aside [MENTION=30847]Megazone[/MENTION] this is where my opinions have changed somewhat over time

To be perfectly frank, until you decide to understand this distinction (i am assuming that as an intelligent chap it is that you choose not to understand the distinction rather than cannot) there really is no point in us continuing our dialogue.

As for your point about the popularity of my position (on refugees not mass immigration). You assertion that i am in the minority means very little to me as in this case i don't think that popularity effects the validity of the idea. "What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right." said Einstein and in this case i believe him to be right. I would be interested to know how you know that my views are very much in a majority when you seem unwilling to understand what my views actually are.

As for the last part I think that i am entirely correct with this as your post have once again proven. You have highlighted that you are unwilling to understand the points I am making because it is easier for you to head off down this particular 'you don't even live here' cul de sac than actually address the points that i am making. This is demonstrated by the fact that we are going back over the same old ground with you for the second or third time on this thread alone and for the umpteenth time with SM over the years. It is not everyone else's fault at all I take responsibility for my part in the tedious monotony of this discussion, do you? If you do shall we get back on topic?

Even when you are trying to be reasonable, the same arrogance comes out. Yet another comment that that there is no point in continuing a dialogue as I don't understand - how many times have we heard that? In addition comes the absurdity that you have never made mention of mass immigration into the UK - it was only last week you circulated one of your usual convenient videos criticising some countries in Europe for not doing enough -was not the UK on the list?
You began this thread (though it might have been a previous one?) by saying that we should help these people, and also kindly volunteered the argument that they should all be spread out in Europe. Don't now tell me that you do not agree with mass immigration per se, because that is precisely what you advocated. When I asked you how you would help the refugee landing in a dingy if it did not involve letting him/her in, you very significantly gave no reply. You are perfectly understood, it is just in this respect that you are so inconsistent.
By the way, your Einstein quote (which can be true, agreed) is irrelevant - I made no comment at all that majority opinion must be right or that to be in the minority, you must be wrong - just that your view is not shared by the majority. No more, no less.

I can fully see that you have commented on the global issue, and that is plain to see, and in this respect, you are as qualified to speak about the situation as anyone else. You have in the past provided some useful information about the definition of asylum seekers etc and I don't doubt that. I certainly learnt from that. It is when you then go on to make comments about others who prefer to go down a cul-de-sac, and they lack compassion etc etc, with one-liners designed to needle, because they don't necessarily see things your way, that folk inevitably wonder just how altruistic you really are. By the way, you talk about getting back on topic-the topic is about mass immigration into the UK, is it not? Yet your claim to fame is the global issue -so who should be lecturing whom on "get back on topic".

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Meanwhile whilst not on topic, this is something that many fear could happen in the UK if UK migration is not checked and controlled.
Sweden really opened it's doors many years ago, they seemed to have clamped down a little (too late) on certain immigration, (take note Germany and in haste the UK) because as in Malmo a few years ago, although not in our media, this is what is going on over the last few nights in cities in Sweden, usual suspects involved in the violence.

"It is supposed to be the model multicultural state. But Sweden is facing problems of its own after gangs of immigrants spent a fifth consecutive night rioting in Stockholm.

Officers are battling to keep the capital under control after hundreds of cars were torched, a police station set alight and fire services kept from a major blaze by a stone-throwing mob of youths.

To make matters worse, rioting has now spread to Sweden’s two other major cities, Gothenburg and Malmo."
http://prntly.com/blog/2015/10/07/sweden-burns-1000s-of-migrants-torch-capital/

From a few months ago... http://sputniknews.com/europe/20150625/1023830315.html

Jul 21, 2015
Meanwhile whilst not on topic, this is something that many fear could happen in the UK if UK migration is not checked and controlled.
Sweden really opened it's doors many years ago, they seemed to have clamped down a little (too late) on certain immigration, (take note Germany and in haste the UK) because as in Malmo a few years ago, although not in our media, this is what is going on over the last few nights in cities in Sweden, usual suspects involved in the violence.

"It is supposed to be the model multicultural state. But Sweden is facing problems of its own after gangs of immigrants spent a fifth consecutive night rioting in Stockholm.

Officers are battling to keep the capital under control after hundreds of cars were torched, a police station set alight and fire services kept from a major blaze by a stone-throwing mob of youths.

To make matters worse, rioting has now spread to Sweden’s two other major cities, Gothenburg and Malmo."
http://prntly.com/blog/2015/10/07/sweden-burns-1000s-of-migrants-torch-capital/

Beat me to it.

The media like the BBC and Sky never show the bad side do they.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports