Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK help needed please!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
3 is utterly dreadful !! It's ok in a major city but go out of the city and no coverage.
EE is probably the outright best as you get TMobile and Orange networks to use.

3 is the only network that gets any sort of 3G coverage in the village I live in. All, that's All, the others struggle to get even one bar, O2 and Vodafone don't work at all. I guess it's down to where you live, rather than 3 being dreadful.

The best bet, when you decide where you are going to live, is to ask the locals what works best in that area/location.

acrossthepond

Jan 30, 2006
Ruritania
Will the moderators please identify cheap market research questions. If you can use a computer then there isn't a discussion about how the world has changed neither all questions related to one particular subject. I may be horribly wrong. But I don't think so.

Thanks for your positive and constructive comments. You'll notice that NSC is a (mostly) anonymous forum that does not provide any of the demographic overlay that makes market research useful.

Last edited:

acrossthepond

Jan 30, 2006
Ruritania
He may have a reason to want to come back. How bad is the UK really? In beautiful NZ it has one of the highest suicide rate amongst teenagers per capita in the OECD it also has one of the highest teenage pregnancy rates, it also has more child abuse than a lot of western countries.

I also have no cell coverage whatsoever, no superfast broadband and no football live on TV soon. I also don't have the Albion, so the UK isn't all that bad.

We do have a reason to come back - we want our kids to have an British cultural reference point. They can make their own decisions after that.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
it depends what area you are in for coverage, prob either 02 or 3. Giff gaff for cheap.

Utilities Warehouse for cheap.

Internet, dont bother if you can get good wifi-broadband.

Dont come back, this country has turned into a right shit hole in the last ten years. Added to that it could well get sucked down the economic plug hole if remaining tethered to europe, a collapsing economic backwater.

acrossthepond

Jan 30, 2006
Ruritania
it depends what area you are in for coverage, prob either 02 or 3. Giff gaff for cheap.

Utilities Warehouse for cheap.

Internet, dont bother if you can get good wifi-broadband.

Dont come back, this country has turned into a right shit hole in the last ten years. Added to that it could well get sucked down the economic plug hole if remaining tethered to europe, a collapsing economic backwater.

Cheers, however:

House sold
Tickets booked
Shipping container lined up
Leaving party done
Overall - ship sailed!!!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Dearer than Sainsburys.

Must be a regional thing, when I contacted them, after looking at uswitch, EDF were still somewhat cheaper than Sainsburys could get to.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
So, after the thick end of ten years out of the country, we're coming back to the UK.

Coming back at this time can only mean one thing.

You're the new manager, aren't you?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
to those saying dont come back... could you please leave then, so there more room for those that do appreciate the place, worts and all.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
to those saying dont come back... could you please leave then, so there more room for those that do appreciate the place, worts and all.

Just discussing about moving back and talking about the worts, miss Blighty, daughter needs on going heart care so thinking about coming back to be nearer family.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Trouble is that would mean them getting of their arses and doing something rather than sitting behind their keyboards whining about everyone else.

Welcome back acrossthepond, it's good to have people in Blighty who decide what they want and then get things done :thumbsup:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
EDF Blue is best energy package
There's no such thing as the cheapest energy package. It depends how much, and what type of energy you use. If EDF were cheaper for everyone then they'd be the only company in existence. That's an aside from not wanting to give half of my earnings to the French government.

NPower are cheapest for us btw.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here