Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Uğurcan Çakır

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
It’s an interesting one. Whilst I think Ryan needs proper competition, I was still perfectly happy with him being our number one. However, the big concern for me was always when Duffy and/or Burn didn’t play. We looked so susceptible at set pieces because Ryan doesn’t dominate his six yard box - he needs a couple of central defenders who will win every/most headers.

If Duffy goes and we are in the market for a new LB/LWB, I would really worry about our defensive set pieces if our central defenders were Webster, White and Dunk as I think Dunk is the only one who is really strong in the air (haven’t seen enough of White but know that this was the one question mark for many Leeds fans). It may well be that the club feel they need a tall, dominant keeper to make it work in the new Potter era...

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The new keeper is off is line really quickly smothering a lot of one on ones an area Maty struggles. GP wants a high line and occasionally we will get caught out.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Pronounced oogrrkan kakir. Fact.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
It’s an interesting one. Whilst I think Ryan needs proper competition, I was still perfectly happy with him being our number one. However, the big concern for me was always when Duffy and/or Burn didn’t play. We looked so susceptible at set pieces because Ryan doesn’t dominate his six yard box - he needs a couple of central defenders who will win every/most headers.

If Duffy goes and we are in the market for a new LB/LWB, I would really worry about our defensive set pieces if our central defenders were Webster, White and Dunk as I think Dunk is the only one who is really strong in the air (haven’t seen enough of White but know that this was the one question mark for many Leeds fans). It may well be that the club feel they need a tall, dominant keeper to make it work in the new Potter era...

If there is truth in this rumour i'd suggest you're absolutely right. Seems Potter wants ball playing defenders. Fine. But ball playing defenders don't tend to be no-nonsense, ball heading defenders. Maty is fantastic at what he does but his big weakness is his aerial presence. Knowing Potter, it wouldn't surprise me if we see rotation at GK depending on who is playing at the back.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Walton an upgrade on Button and Steele but not the best competition for Maty. Until Sanchez is closer, this guy could compete but do we want to pay a lot of money for similar to what we have.

The keeper we need is still Dominik Livaković as I've said for a couple years. Croatia number one playing domestically. Very good.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
It’s good that we are being linked. Club must be a bit concerned by Ryan’s poor form. We need upgrading in this position for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Walton an upgrade on Button and Steele but not the best competition for Maty. Until Sanchez is closer, this guy could compete but do we want to pay a lot of money for similar to what we have.

The keeper we need is still Dominik Livaković as I've said for a couple years. Croatia number one playing domestically. Very good.

You should email the club, the scouts must have missed this guy.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It’s good that we are being linked. Club must be a bit concerned by Ryan’s poor form. We need upgrading in this position for sure.

Interesting one though.

Not disagreeing, as I think we need to do better, however in terms of need, I would put it behind a forward and LB.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Way down the list of priorities - particularly with Covid losses.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
My mate in Constantinople says he’s shithouse

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
My mate in Constantinople says he’s shithouse

Your mate wouldnt know because Ugurcan is in Trebizond!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here