Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Uganda stuck in the Dark Ages?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
The link between commonwealth countries and (lack of ) LGBT rights is striking and another part of our colonial legacy to be carefully brushed under the carpet at every opportunity. That of course doesn't excuse the current ignorance and stubborn prejudice of those enacting these laws. Life for LGBT people in Uganda must be hell.

Naming no names (Jacob Rees Mogg), I suspect one or two of the more 'traditional' members of our current government (Jacob Rees Mogg) will be looking wistfully at the Ugandan laws and wishing they could get away with it here (Jacob Rees Mogg).
If I start a thread about the quality of body wash could you turn it into an anti Conservative Party rant?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Me too actually, The Psycho family are off too Antigua next Thursday, I wont tell my daughter as she will probably refuse to go.
Not because she is anything or not, but even at a young age of 13 she has class mates and friends that identify as various sexualities etc and is passionate about peoples rights right across the board.
Which I am proud of considering some of her grandparents views !
Keep em safe at Shirley Heights, seriously.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Homosexuality is illegal in the following countries;

Afghanistan (potential death penalty)
Algeria
Antigua & Barbuda
Bangladesh
Barbados
Bhutan
Brunei (potential death penalty)
Burundi
Cameroon
Chad
Comoros
Cook Islands
Dominica
Egypt
Eritrea
Eswatini
Ethiopia
Gambia
Ghana
Grenada
Guinea
Guyana
Iran (potential death penalty)
Jamaica
Kenya
Kiribati
Kuwait
Lebanon
Liberia
Libya
Malawi
Malaysia
Maldives
Mauritania (potential death penalty)
Mauritius
Morocco
Myanmar
Namibia
Nigeria (potential death penalty)
Occupied Palestinian Territory (Gaza Strip)
Oman
Pakistan (potential death penalty)
Papua New Guinea
Qatar (potential death penalty)
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Lucia
Saint Vincent and The Grenadines
Samoa
Saudi Arabia (potential death penalty)
Senegal
Sierra Leone
Singapore
Solomon Islands
Somalia (potential death penalty)
South Sudan
Sri Lanka
Sudan
Syria
Tanzania
Togo
Tonga
Tunisia
Turkmenistan
Tuvalu
Uganda
UAE (potential death penalty)
Uzbekistan
Yemen (potential death penalty)
Zambia
Zimbabwe
And yet football clubs are happy to fly off to Dubai for a bit of R&R.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

They are singing and dancing in Parliament rejoicing in the persecution of people who have done nothing to harm them in anyway . There is joy on the face of the politician as he says police will be reinforced so that homosexuals have no space in Uganda, and would we welcome any of those fleeing this and offer safe haven? no, we would try and send them to Rwanda

sorry ...i'll bite , these are the folk that others on this board would welcome openly if they were labelled refugees ....ffs.....cut my f***ing head off....you lot have absolutely no idea what you are dealing with do you...??

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

They are singing and dancing in Parliament rejoicing in the persecution of people who have done nothing to harm them in anyway . There is joy on the face of the politician as he says police will be reinforced so that homosexuals have no space in Uganda, and would we welcome any of those fleeing this and offer safe haven? no, we would try and send them to Rwanda

Why does that video show the same singing clip sandwiched either side of the speech? I'm not even convinced they are celebrating the Bill being passed with the same clip that's shown. Could well be the opening and closing of the session for all we know.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Albania doesn't appear on that list of countries where being gay is illegal.

There is no civil war in Albania. They are not being attacked by a neighbouring State. There is no famine in Albania. There have been no significant natural disasters in Albania. There is universal suffrage in Albania with regular elections. The judicial system follows the French legal code and is totally independent.

So what are such high numbers of Albanians seeking asylum from?

The Migration Observatory states in its report:-

"There is little evidence in the public domain to explain why Albanians are seeking asylum in the UK in greater numbers at this particular point in time."

If we "insta-return" all Albanian "asylum" seekers then our funds and resources can be directed at those who are genuinely fleeing war, famine and persecution and really need our help and support.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
hmmm, just read that, and that the locals can be hostile to you.
Driving at night apparently is a big no, no, is that true ?
I was there 20 odd years back, mostly stayed in resort, way it was then. But over the course of a couple of weeks, my daughters jewellery was stolen from the hotel (returned when we insisted on Police being called), fella threatened me after I inadvertently took a photo of him, and Shirley Heights was a case of keeping young females safe. But. I honestly mostly enjoyed the holiday, just ba aware of your surroundings.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Albania doesn't appear on that list of countries where being gay is illegal.

There is no civil war in Albania. They are not being attacked by a neighbouring State. There is no famine in Albania. There have been no significant natural disasters in Albania. There is universal suffrage in Albania with regular elections. The judicial system follows the French legal code and is totally independent.

So what are such high numbers of Albanians seeking asylum from?

The Migration Observatory states in its report:-

"There is little evidence in the public domain to explain why Albanians are seeking asylum in the UK in greater numbers at this particular point in time."

If we "insta-return" all Albanian "asylum" seekers then our funds and resources can be directed at those who are genuinely fleeing war, famine and persecution and really need our help and support.
oh stop it ....they are lovely people just ask @WATFORD zero , they mow his lawn , wash his yacht and exercise his dogs and other livestock.......outstanding folk the Albanians...:thumbsup:...............................................

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
oh stop it ....they are lovely people just ask @WATFORD zero , they mow his lawn , wash his yacht and exercise his dogs and other livestock.......outstanding folk the Albanians...:thumbsup:...............................................
all you need to do is contradict the luvies on here , you will be made an honorary member but try not to nail the point too well or they will disappear for a few days and the dialogue will die........people like T @WATFORD zero are not to be engaged , he will cut you to the bone with his rapier like wit....:wiemeraner:
Do you have any idea how he has manipulated western politics over the last 30 years , he's an evil fucker , the only thing i wish him is genital warts , scabies and a fortnight in Malta with @WATFORD zero

Are you desperately trying to get someone's attention sweetheart ?

I don't have a ball handy, but this should keep you entertained for a week or two

8929931086488a61c708f0bc7d05aa68--audit-free-website.jpg

:lolol:

Last edited:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Are you desperately trying to get someone's attention sweetheart ?

I don't have a ball handy, but this should keep you entertained for a week or two

8929931086488a61c708f0bc7d05aa68--audit-free-website.jpg

:lolol:
about as funny as **** cancer ...true to form , i'd block you if you didn't make me feel superior ...you twatt.

...........................................................................................................................................................................

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
about as funny as **** cancer ...true to form , i'd block you if you didn't make me feel superior ...you twatt.

...........................................................................................................................................................................
Calm down. It's simple, if you didn't want a response don't keep linking me in on your posts :shrug:

Besides which I believe that the rules of NSC say

truth-if-you-cant-say-something-nice.gif

Well that's the gist anyway :wink:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here