UFO's - Do you believe that Extraterrestrials have visited/are visiting this planet?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Extraterrestrial Visitation of Earth

• In the past yes, in modern times no

Votes: 8 4.8%
  • In the past yes, and in modern times yes

Votes: 51 30.5%
  • I believe they exist, but I don't believe they have ever been here

Votes: 83 49.7%
  • I don't believe in extraterrestrials

Votes: 25 15.0%

• Total voters

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
I just see rushed,addled sentences as an indicator of one's mind. In the vast majority of life's debates I see it as having very little relavence. If I am invited to offer my opinion, as I was, on a matter such as people's beliefs I think it has some relevence. I think you have done ever so well in defending your position. However, ultimately all the petty comebacks, character study etc is pointless when faced with the cold, hard fact that you, dingodan and one love are mental.

invited to offer your opinion? where has 'invited to offer opinion' been misconstrued so as to look like 'tell people with other opinions where they're going wrong'?

you couldn't accept that, now, could you.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
invited to offer your opinion? where has 'invited to offer opinion' been misconstrued so as to look like 'tell people with other opinions where they're going wrong'?

you couldn't accept that, now, could you.

Yes, Dingodan invited me, he invited us all, he even put a poll up inviting our specific opinions. I think you need to calm down and not take yourself so seriously.

Last edited:

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Quite the opposite chap, I cannot take this conversation seriously at all but I'm stuck in with a chest infection and I just can't help posting on this arse of a thread for some reason!! I just see rushed,addled sentences as an indicator of one's mind. In the vast majority of life's debates I see it as having very little relavence. If I am invited to offer my opinion, as I was, on a matter such as people's beliefs I think it has some relevence. I think you have done ever so well in defending your position. However, ultimately all the petty comebacks, character study etc is pointless when faced with the cold, hard fact that you, dingodan and one love are mental.

Using shocking written English..LMAO

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Using shocking written English..LMAO

Ah yes, one incorrect word does not a shocking statement make I'm afraid. It was the general arrangement and subject matter that struck me as shambolic.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Ah yes, one incorrect word does not a shocking statement make I'm afraid. It was the general arrangement and subject matter that struck me as shambolic.

Actually two spellings of relevance which were completely different and both incorrect!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Actually two spellings of relevance which were completely different and both incorrect!

Yes, you pointed it out. But you'll note my sentence still made sense? Rather off topic though don't you think? I was pointing out the manifestations of a dis-ordered mind not the odd spelling mistake but point taken.

Again, sorry if you all took so much offence at being called idiots but that is what I believe you are. I command you to show my beliefs respect! TTFN.

Last edited:

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Yes, you pointed it out. But you'll note my sentence still made sense? Rather off topic though don't you think? I was pointing out the manifestations of a dis-ordered mind not the odd spelling mistake but point taken.

Again, sorry if you all took so much offence at being called idiots but that is what I believe you are. I command you to show my beliefs respect! TTFN.

Absolutely!

In my opinion, anyone who dabbles in a vast field in their late teens, then decides that they are an expert and can ridicule any believer they come across on the internet is an idiot too.

Probably would be your opinion too if you cared to admit it.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Absolutely!

In my opinion, anyone who dabbles in a vast field in their late teens, then decides that they are an expert and can ridicule any believer they come across on the internet is an idiot too.

Probably would be your opinion too if you cared to admit it.

I never declared myself an expert. I investigated it, found it to be utter bullshit and left it alone. If you are older than 21/22 you need to start thinking about doing likewise.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Meditate on it starchild.

That won't do any good. That will instantly reinforce my belief.

However I have realised this discussion is completely pointless with you.

If we met after a home game for a beer and a chat, would you be able to have a sensible discussion face to face without resorting to insults?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
That won't do any good. That will instantly reinforce my belief.

However I have realised this discussion is completely pointless with you.

If we met after a home game for a beer and a chat, would you be able to have a sensible discussion face to face without resorting to insults?

If I was having this converstaion face to face I would probably change the subject once we had both established that we were never going to agree. Stuck indoors nursing a chest infection I'm finding it rather enjoyable. I genuinely don't mean to offend but I also genuinely believe some, not all, but some of your beliefs are idiotic and in continuing that I believe anyone who builds a belief system around such ideas is an idiot. It's my opinion. You can choose to call that ridicule if you like but I think you are being rather sensitive.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton

If I was having this converstaion face to face I would probably change the subject once we had both established that we were never going to agree. Stuck indoors nursing a chest infection I'm finding it rather enjoyable. I genuinely don't mean to offend but I also genuinely believe some, not all, but some of your beliefs are idiotic and in continuing that I believe anyone who builds a belief system around such ideas is an idiot. It's my opinion. You can choose to call that ridicule if you like but I think you are being rather sensitive.

No offence taken at all. It's pretty difficult to get offended when someone calls you an idiot whose opinion you hold no respect for.

However maybe a little self inquiry from you is necessary. Bearing in mind you are wandering around the internet calling people idiots.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Well I'm not wandering around the internet am I? I am on one thread full of particularly idiotic statements telling you why I think they are idiotic. You seem to have taken this hugely to heart. I would not be looking for respecrt from someone who believes in some of the things you believe in. Mine is one of a million differing opinions on the planet. i don't call for your beliefs to be banned or ridiculed. In fact I would be first in line to defend your right to believe in anything that you feel enriches yours and others lives. I however find them ignorant, foolish and escapist and consider those who indulge in them idiotic. I can't really explain it better than that.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
No evidence to support extra terrestrials visiting us.

The huge balance of probabilities suggests that life is out there, but I am in the Stephen Hawking camp that says if ever contact is made, don't follow it up with a visit. They could be ahead of us in terms of development and I have no wish to be treated as slave labour.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Well I'm not wandering around the internet am I? I am on one thread full of particularly idiotic statements telling you why I think they are idiotic. You seem to have taken this hugely to heart. I would not be looking for respecrt from someone who believes in some of the things you believe in. Mine is one of a million differing opinions on the planet. i don't call for your beliefs to be banned or ridiculed. In fact I would be first in line to defend your right to believe in anything that you feel enriches yours and others lives. I however find them ignorant, foolish and escapist and consider those who indulge in them idiotic. I can't really explain it better than that.

I haven't taken this to heart at all. You do like making judgements don't you.

You seem to think your behaviour on the internet is acceptable so that's your business.

Adios Amigo

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I haven't taken this to heart at all. You do like making judgements don't you.

You seem to think your behaviour on the internet is acceptable so that's your business.

Adios Amigo

I am not adverse to making judgements. I have explored many of these so called theories and I personally judge them to be idiotic. It's not a hard concept to grasp surely? Calling something I find idiotic, idiotic, sits more than easily with me Amigo! If you want to see ridicule head over to the Olympics thread old bean. But I think you may be right to call it a day, you're in over your third eye on this one!

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
LMAO This has been an excellent exercise in tolerance.

Should be able to avoid shouting at the ref next season now.

Or maybe not!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Stuck indoors nursing a chest infection I'm finding it rather enjoyable.

It's not a chest infection

Alien-Chest-Burst.jpg

Still enjoying it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports