UFO's - Do you believe that Extraterrestrials have visited/are visiting this planet?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Extraterrestrial Visitation of Earth

• In the past yes, in modern times no

Votes: 8 4.8%
  • In the past yes, and in modern times yes

Votes: 51 30.5%
  • I believe they exist, but I don't believe they have ever been here

Votes: 83 49.7%
  • I don't believe in extraterrestrials

Votes: 25 15.0%

• Total voters

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It's easy to google "Shakespeare debunked", and do a massive copy and paste. No doubt you will find someone who has made the case.

- Contested Will: Who Wrote Shakespeare? Theories debunked - thestar.com

Unfortunately just copying an entire page of what someone else has said means you are not actually thinking about or reading anything for yourself.

disappointing, but unsurprising.

I notice you don't attempt to respond to the article though eh? The reason I haven't got much relevant to say about this CT myself is that I genuinely haven't thought about it for years, I rightly dismissed it many moons ago and gave it not a second thought. I have noticed though that if you get any kind of thought out intelligent response you don't seem to have any intelligent counter, you just seem to call us all slaves etc. You have the reasoning of a rabid pitbull.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I notice you don't attempt to respond to the article though eh? The reason I haven't got much relevant to say about this CT myself is that I genuinely haven't thought about it for years, I rightly dismissed it many moons ago and gave it not a second thought. I have noticed though that if you get any kind of thought out intelligent response you don't seem to have any intelligent counter, you just seem to call us all slaves etc. You have the reasoning of a rabid pitbull.

Yes yes, you rightly dismissed this rubbish when you were 13. How was the beach?

None of my responses are ever intelligible or intelligent, I have the reasoning of a dog, I know I know. How can I be more like you? please help.

When did I call you a slave?

You are supposed to be someone who has an academic/scientific background and vocation.

Why then do you have such a childish, arrogant attitude and such a potty mouth?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Amazing, governments can fake terror attacks, hide UFO evidence, manipulate its people, but it's not possible to fake a crop circle. And I'm stupid, tee hee!

I said, can crop circles be faked? Yes they can.

I said, is this evidence that any actual case of an actual crop circle is a fake? No it is not.

Your problem is you have no intellectual rigor. Much like Nibbleface.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I said, can crop circles be faked? Yes they can.

I said, is this evidence that any actual case of an actual crop circle is a fake? No it is not.

Your problem is you have no intellectual rigor. Much like Nibbleface.

You are hilarious, I genuinely, and I mean this take absolutely no offense in that coming from you.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Yes yes, you rightly dismissed this rubbish when you were 13. How was the beach?

None of my responses are ever intelligible or intelligent, I have the reasoning of a dog, I know I know. How can I be more like you? please help.

When did I call you a slave?

You are supposed to be someone who has an academic/scientific background and vocation.

Why then do you have such a childish, arrogant attitude and such a potty mouth?

Decided to stay in a bit longer as realised doesn't really kick off for a while yet.

I don't have a massively extensive background in science and academics, I have always had a keen interest in mythology and archeology and over the past couple of years have been fortunate enough to have the chance to pursue this in an increasing capacity and get experience and training along the way. I'm fortunate really as this kind of work is hard to fully explore, even with that background. I don't claim to be an expert I just have certain skills that I am lucky enough to be able to excercise. As I said, I have experts I can draw on to carry the scientific aspects of work. I am very lucky really.

It's not so much that I have a childish attitude, it's more that I treat your posts with the contempt I feel they deserve.

Nice evasion of response by the way!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Decided to stay in a bit longer as realised doesn't really kick off for a while yet.

I don't have a massively extensive background in science and academics, I have always had a keen interest in mythology and archeology and over the past couple of years have been fortunate enough to have the chance to pursue this in an increasing capacity and get experience and training along the way. I'm fortunate really as this kind of work is hard to fully explore, even with that background. I don't claim to be an expert I just have certain skills that I am lucky enough to be able to excercise. As I said, I have experts I can draw on to carry the scientific aspects of work. I am very lucky really.

It's not so much that I have a childish attitude, it's more that I treat your posts with the contempt I feel they deserve.

Nice evasion of response by the way!

You are so full of shit. :lolol:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
You are so full of shit. :lolol:

And what makes you come to that conclusion? My work is focussed mainly on linking history to legends and myth, seeing if there is any historical gravitas to certain myths. Presently my main body of work is linking historical facts and sites to Arthurian Legend, focussing mainly on a site near Penzance. I work with archeologists who excavate sites associated with rumoured Arthurian Legend and together we try to make solid connections between their finds and legend. There's obviously more to it than that, but that's the main thrust of it. So you see, the experts with a scientific background, who are far better equipped to carry out certain aspects of the work come in and carry out what they do best. I research the history of the area and mythical literature and we compare our findings. I can't see how that is so hard to understand?

Now I really am off to find a spot on the beach.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Unfortunately just copying an entire page of what someone else has said means you are not actually thinking about or reading anything for yourself.

are you really going to use that angle when your arguments are often comprised of a youtube clip?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
are you really going to use that angle when your arguments are often comprised of a youtube clip?

An argument is a proposition formed of logical and deductive reasoning, based on evidence.

Sometimes a video or picture can have the quality of evidence. The pasted text from another persons website is not evidence, it is an argument. Unfortunately it is someone else's argument. Presenting someone else's argument as evidence of something with no reasoning or logic of your own is just weak.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
And what makes you come to that conclusion? My work is focussed mainly on linking history to legends and myth, seeing if there is any historical gravitas to certain myths. Presently my main body of work is linking historical facts and sites to Arthurian Legend, focussing mainly on a site near Penzance. I work with archeologists who excavate sites associated with rumoured Arthurian Legend and together we try to make solid connections between their finds and legend. There's obviously more to it than that, but that's the main thrust of it. So you see, the experts with a scientific background, who are far better equipped to carry out certain aspects of the work come in and carry out what they do best. I research the history of the area and mythical literature and we compare our findings. I can't see how that is so hard to understand?

Now I really am off to find a spot on the beach.

Yes yes, "you is a English teacher".

Sure thing boss.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Yes yes, "you is a English teacher".

Sure thing boss.

Is it really that hard to believe that someone goes out and finds thing for themselves rather than the likes of you who sit in front of the internet raking up any old drivel presented to you? I suggest next time you are meditating you take some time to re-assess your attitude. You really are coming across as something of a tool. You have a tenuous enough relationship with truth as it is, you're not helping your cause a great deal.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Is it really that hard to believe that someone goes out and finds thing for themselves rather than the likes of you who sit in front of the internet raking up any old drivel presented to you? I suggest next time you are meditating you take some time to re-assess your attitude. You really are coming across as something of a tool. You have a tenuous enough relationship with truth as it is, you're not helping your cause a great deal.

It's not hard to believe someone does.

It's hard to believe you do.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It's not hard to believe someone does.

It's hard to believe you do.

I suppose it's probably hard for you to believe something that's not wrapped up in some crackpot theory. Perhaps it would be easier for you to digest if I said that I'm actually a Lizard from the cosmos, raiding ancient sites and replacing genuine artifacts with hyper advanced spaceman technology then leaving clues as there whereabouts in Shakespeare's sonnets so the illuminati can discover them, thus propelling themselves into an altered future where the slaves to the overlords are kept in blind servitude for eternity while we bleed their life source to power advanced warcraft to further our war effort in the Zargon galaxy.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
An argument is a proposition formed of logical and deductive reasoning, based on evidence.

Sometimes a video or picture can have the quality of evidence. The pasted text from another persons website is not evidence, it is an argument. Unfortunately it is someone else's argument. Presenting someone else's argument as evidence of something with no reasoning or logic of your own is just weak.

pasting a link to someones youtube is not "evidence" by exactly the same token. you do exactly the same thing as you are accusing Nibble of. you are a hypocrit, only unable to recognise this. however, i do apologise for insinuating you use "argument" as you define, as you certainly dont present any logical or reasoned propostions. usually someone elses youtube clip. i see now.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I never presented the cut and paste as evidence. I cut and paste it as it sums up my feelings on the subject. It raised some counter points, none of which Dingodan wanted to address. In a subject such as the Shakespeare quandry it would be nigh on impossible to produce any reliable counter evidence as the whole argument is not based on facts, merely someone's opinion. I also get the impression that very few experts on Shakespeare would bother wasting time countering the ridiculous claims put forward by CT's.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
pasting a link to someones youtube is not "evidence" by exactly the same token. you do exactly the same thing as you are accusing Nibble of. you are a hypocrit, only unable to recognise this. however, i do apologise for insinuating you use "argument" as you define, as you certainly dont present any logical or reasoned propostions. usually someone elses youtube clip. i see now.

I am sure you do.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I suppose it's probably hard for you to believe something that's not wrapped up in some crackpot theory. Perhaps it would be easier for you to digest if I said that I'm actually a Lizard from the cosmos, raiding ancient sites and replacing genuine artifacts with hyper advanced spaceman technology then leaving clues as there whereabouts in Shakespeare's sonnets so the illuminati can discover them, thus propelling themselves into an altered future where the slaves to the overlords are kept in blind servitude for eternity while we bleed their life source to power advanced warcraft to further our war effort in the Zargon galaxy.

You don't come across in your posts as any kind of professional, or even as an adult.

You don't sound intelligent enough to have an intelligent job. Sorry.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
You don't come across in your posts as any kind of professional, or even as an adult.

You don't sound intelligent enough to have an intelligent job. Sorry.

If I wanted to have an intelligent debate believe me I wouldn't look for it on a thread that you feature in.
You, my crazy little sausage are a spectacular nonsense of a man

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
If I wanted to have an intelligent debate believe me I wouldn't look for it on a thread that you feature in.

Ok mate.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003

isnt he just? i used to think conspiracy theory followers were intelligent, albeit misguided. they have to hold such a wealth of information to track all the different theorie and interconnections. dingodan has falsified this theory, you just have be competent with google and bookmark a bunch of youtubes and blogs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports