UFO's - Do you believe that Extraterrestrials have visited/are visiting this planet?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Extraterrestrial Visitation of Earth

• In the past yes, in modern times no

Votes: 8 4.8%
  • In the past yes, and in modern times yes

Votes: 51 30.5%
  • I believe they exist, but I don't believe they have ever been here

Votes: 83 49.7%
  • I don't believe in extraterrestrials

Votes: 25 15.0%

• Total voters

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
is this the one

50 million light years to the next galaxy... and yet there are billions of other galaxies and to get to the edge of our solar system travelling at the speed of light takes less than a day...

This is it... Only 6 minutes.. makes you really realise how big the universe potentially is:

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Last edited:

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
baalbek_7.jpg

baalbek_9.jpg

baalbek_3.jpg

Over 4000 years ago our ancestors were building structures like this edifice at Baalbek. The smaller stones are from the Roman era but the massive stones are from a period 2000 years earlier. The large stones in the top two pictures are approximately 800 tonnes each, whilst the stone in the bottom picture is estimated as being up to 2000 tonnes.There are only a couple of mobile cranes in existence today that could, possibly, lift these monoliths, so how on earth did our "primitive" ancestors do it?

I don't believe that the theories that they were aided by Aliens, but they certainly had technologies that are lost to us now.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
baalbek_7.jpg

baalbek_9.jpg

baalbek_3.jpg

Over 4000 years ago our ancestors were building structures like this edifice at Baalbek. The smaller stones are from the Roman era but the massive stones are from a period 2000 years earlier. The large stones in the top two pictures are approximately 800 tonnes each, whilst the stone in the bottom picture is estimated as being up to 2000 tonnes.There are only a couple of mobile cranes in existence today that could, possibly, lift these monoliths, so how on earth did our "primitive" ancestors do it?

I don't believe that the theories that they were aided by Aliens, but they certainly had technologies that are lost to us now.

I love this... leaving the alien stuff out of it... how the hell did they move this heavy shit...

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I love this... leaving the alien stuff out of it... how the hell did they move this heavy shit...

Now, that's an interesting question. I for one would love to know how they did it (no aliens obviously).

50 million light years to the next galaxy... and yet there are billions of other galaxies and to get to the edge of our solar system travelling at the speed of light takes less than a day...

This is it... Only 6 minutes.. makes you really realise how big the universe potentially is:

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

The nearest galaxy to ours is, depending on definition, between 0.25 million light years and 2 million light years List of nearest galaxies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Time to the edge of the solar system depends on your definition of what the edge is, there is no clearly defined edge to it. Space does not work like that, but figures vary from between 12 hours to somewhat over 36 dependant on definition from what I can see. Solar System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
The nearest galaxy to ours is, depending on definition, between 0.25 million light years and 2 million light years List of nearest galaxies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Time to the edge of the solar system depends on your definition of what the edge is, there is no clearly defined edge to it. Space does not work like that, but figures vary from between 12 hours to somewhat over 36 dependant on definition from what I can see. Solar System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

either way outlines the vastness of it all... so for people on here to laugh at other people who believe that there may be living organisms other than us within the universe have very closed minded.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
either way outlines the vastness of it all... so for people on here to laugh at other people who believe that there may be living organisms other than us within the universe have very closed minded.

I'm not sure anybody has done that. People are laughing at others who believe that those other living organisms have travelled across the very vastness you talk about, just to piss about with our farmland.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I'm not sure anybody has done that. People are laughing at others who believe that those other living organisms have travelled across the very vastness you talk about, just to piss about with our farmland.

And our storks.

Nobodies is laughing at the possibility there is other life in the universe. What the majority of sane people are laughing at is the claim that the Earth is controlled by a cabal of people descended from aliens who are chatting to alien visitors on a regular basis, borrowing their technology and preparing for an alien invasion. THAT is why we point fingers at the strange people and laugh.

Incidentally, a question for those who think that the semi-conductor can only have been developed using alien technology and knowledge. Who gave the aliens that tech and understanding. By your silly argument that we on the Earth are not capable of developing such things ourselves you automatically have to apply such (lack of) logic to the aliens themselves so they also must have had the details handed to them. Who by?

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Incidentally, a question for those who think that the semi-conductor can only have been developed using alien technology and knowledge. Who gave the aliens that tech and understanding. By your silly argument that we on the Earth are not capable of developing such things ourselves you automatically have to apply such (lack of) logic to the aliens themselves so they also must have had the details handed to them. Who by?

Exactly. For me, the same argument applies to parallel arguments in support of religion: "There has to be a God, something can't appear from nothing!" "Really, where did God come from then?" "Oh, er, um, er..." #opensanothercanofworms

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Exactly. For me, the same argument applies to parallel arguments in support of religion: "There has to be a God, something can't appear from nothing!" "Really, where did God come from then?" "Oh, er, um, er..." #opensanothercanofworms

No can of worms at all. That can be answered, probably not to your satisfaction though!

Love to hear of your explanation of the beginning of the existence though, the cause of the first cause.

No can of worms at all. That can be answered, probably not to your satisfaction though!

Love to hear of your explanation of the beginning of the existence though, the cause of the first cause.

So answer it then. See if your answer can bring me to believe in god or whether, like all apologetics, you use flawed and circular logic.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
So answer it then. See if your answer can bring me to believe in god or whether, like all apologetics, you use flawed and circular logic.

We've been here before Readingstockport, DTES hasn't.

However thank you for that label and for judging me and my logic. Tells me so much about you.

Firstly I have absolutely zero intention in trying to bring you to believe in god or anything else. I am not the sort of person who posts on the internet to convert or to protect others from "untruths" because I think that I am right and everyone else is wrong. Ring any bells?

But same answer as before. To think that our human brains can comprehend ANYTHING about the divine is absurd. Our level of consciousness is like a grain of sand in the vastness of space.

However on the other side of the coin, God is an explanation for the creation of everything. What is yours?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
People who believe in a god, or alien technology or other conspiracy nonsense will never understand the true beauty of the univers and our earth in it. If you had any appreciation of the miracle that we are and this universe is you wouldn't feel the need to invent fantastical things. It's amazing enough as it is without you lot forcing your nonsense on people. I genuinely feel sorry for you that your minds do not have the capacity to understand what we have is already amazing. You have to invent reasons and populate it with more and more fantsastical nonsense in a vain attempt to try and satisfy what is lacking in your comprehension.

Last edited:

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
People who believe in a god, or alien technology or other conspiracy nonsense will never understand the true beauty of the univers and our earth in it. If you had any appreciation of the miracle that we are and this universe is you wouldn't feel the need to invent fantastical things. It's amazing enough as it is without you lot forcing your nonsense on people.

Is probably the most ridiculous posting on this thread. And that's saying something.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports