UFO's - Do you believe that Extraterrestrials have visited/are visiting this planet?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Extraterrestrial Visitation of Earth

• In the past yes, in modern times no

Votes: 8 4.8%
  • In the past yes, and in modern times yes

Votes: 51 30.5%
  • I believe they exist, but I don't believe they have ever been here

Votes: 83 49.7%
  • I don't believe in extraterrestrials

Votes: 25 15.0%

• Total voters

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So most people voting in this thread are joking/stupid

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
In the video I posted in the original post, the pilots who reported seeing a saucer shaped object twice the size of a aircraft carrier flying next to them? or the pilots who reported seeing a 400 foot cylindrical object, with strobing lights down the side, fly past them in the other direction at immense speed?

What did they see? These are trained observers who know what should and should not be in the sky.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I think the references to frequencies and vibrations are references to String Theory (which I don't pretend to fully understand by any means). It's to do with the properties of matter and where the matter is in the universe affecting the 'frequency' of infinitesimally small 'strings'. If you can control the frequency of these 'strings', then you basically can go where you want and do what you please!

larus

Assuming mankind doesn't destroy itself and the planet, how much more advanced do you think we'll be in 100, 200, 500, 1000, 2000 years? If you could go back in time to the time of Jesus, what would they have made out of the modern world? Look at the advances in the last 200 years.

So, if you think science knows all the answers, you're deluded. Shit, the view that there was a big bang is still unproven, as about 6billion years ago the rate of expansion of the universe increased. Sounds like a pretty big hole in the theory IMO.

So, can I dismiss the possibility of intelligent life visiting the earth; no. Science, IMO, is still in its infancy. There's so much we don't understand.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Assuming mankind doesn't destroy itself and the planet, how much more advanced do you think we'll be in 100, 200, 500, 1000, 2000 years? If you could go back in time to the time of Jesus, what would they have made out of the modern world? Look at the advances in the last 200 years.

So, if you think science knows all the answers, you're deluded. Shit, the view that there was a big bang is still unproven, as about 6billion years ago the rate of expansion of the universe increased. Sounds like a pretty big hole in the theory IMO.

So, can I dismiss the possibility of intelligent life visiting the earth; no. Science, IMO, is still in its infancy. There's so much we don't understand.

Top post.
Half of Science is theoretical, which in time, will turn in to fact or fiction.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

This is a projection of how experts think science will evolve in the next 30 years or so. It's scary and I hadn't even considered most of the things that are on there...
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/356/120/2fc.png

Of course science doesn't know everything and I'm quite comfortable with the idea that it never will.
The Big Bang has many pieces of evidence supporting it. And to do with the expansion of the universe, who says that it can't accelerate as gravity loses its grip on the galaxies? The rate of expansion of the universe is measured using Hubble's constant, which is still one of the least accurate 'constants' in science today. You can get several different readings depending where you point your telescope, so drawing conclusions from it is pointless until a more accurate figure can be established.
There are three theories for the fate of the universe that we covered in A-level Physics, simply:

The Open universe
The universe has continued to expand and will expand for ever.

The Flat universe
The universe will continue to expand at a decreasing rate, towards a maximum size but never actually reach it.

The Closed universe
The universe will expand to a maximum size, stop, then begin to collapse in on itself.

So science can accommodate many different possibilites. It's unlikely we'll know which of these scenarios is true in our lifetimes. To be honest we probably won't know the universe is collapsing until a few billion years after it starts!

A few brief pieces of evidence for the Big Bang:

Primordial Helium: There is more helium in existence than can possibly have been formed from nuclear reactions in the cores of stars, so it must have been formed before this (when the universe was cooling after the big bang, hydrogen could fuse to form helium).

Red-shift: The frequencies of light detected from stars is a lower frequency than the light that is emitted, so the stars must be moving away from us (think the Doppler effect with sound, it works the same with light when things move fast enough).

Microwave background radiation: No matter where in the sky you point a microwave reciever, you will get some 'white noise' that is the same intensity in all directions and at all times of year. This is left-over photons from the big bang that once were gamma rays, but have lost energy over time and slowly moved through the spectrum to microwaves now.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Well I certainly believe we have company, although I haven't knowingly seen anything I would describe as alien (although Milton Keynes & its inhabitants might well qualify). I personally think some so-called ET Craft could well be Earth-based, although frankly I don't expect to have this officially confirmed by anybody in this lifetime. Regardless of whether my suspicions have any real foundation, I find it impossible to accept that The Universe is devoid of intelligent &/or advanced life elsewhere. If that realisation is good enough for Mr Hawking: then it's sure as Hell good enough for me.

ps Thanks (whoever it was) for the 1st bit o' youtubery on the first page. Fascinating stuff. :thumbsup:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Alien + Sheep = Savage?:sheep:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Okay what is going on here then......

Quite clearly the triangular stargate opened, however due to the high fuel prices on Earth, the intergalactic ship decided to stay at home, and instead polish its dark energy valves.

sun-mayan-stargate.jpg

Joking aside, but doesn't the triangle on the artificate look more like a vagina than a potential stargate, i.e. the sun as the giver of life, and the link is sun projecting this life giving forward to earth, or even a female ejaculation toward the earth (stay with me...)? The bottom image is then a cock in a skirt, and the top image above the earth is a mushroom, or perhaps a man in a tree house...

Last edited:

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
saying nothing however this image is well known and documented from a mayan pyramid

Attachments

• mayan_rocket.jpg
    mayan_rocket.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 79

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Here is my own evidence that the Mayan's were in fact horny little fuckers, and not observers of Stargate travellers...

sun-mayan-stargate.jpg

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
They clearly had magic mushrooms, and that gives credit to my theory of the image being a mushroom on the Mayan artificate, only it's a magic mushroom.

If you look closely at the picture it appears to shows a man operating some kind of conveyance, complete with gears/handles and some kind of foot peddle/accelerator.

It is a peculiar image.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports