Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] UEFA Euro 2020

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Baku and Bucharest.

Not sure if I have the mental fortitude to drag myself over there and the environmental impact of doing it by plane is grim. I guess there's an argument that it's too weird not to see obscure games in these places given the chance, though.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Got tickets for Wembley on 14th June. Not sure if that means it’s England or not? It says two fixtures will take place on home soil but doesn’t say which dates.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Did you go for higher category tickets? Just curious because I know lots of people who went for lower cat at the Wembley games and got zilch, and I know the higher cat tickets are meant to better odds..

H P 66

Mar 8, 2017
Did you go for higher category tickets? Just curious because I know lots of people who went for lower cat at the Wembley games and got zilch, and I know the higher cat tickets are meant to better odds..

My tickets are CAT 1 For the wembley game

Jovis

Mar 30, 2012

Not sure it matters - I went for 8 games in high categories and even ticked the option to be moved up to the next category if that's all that was available. Didn't get any.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Managed to ponce a Munich ticket off a mate as well. As well as the Wembley last 16, I'll settle for that. Sadly, neither game will involve England. Wish I'd looked into the draw more before I ordered.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Got tickets for Wembley on 14th June. Not sure if that means it’s England or not? It says two fixtures will take place on home soil but doesn’t say which dates.
If England qualify, they could play up to five games at Wembley. They will play all three group games there, although that could change if Scotland qualify.

Link: https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....final-at-wembley-on-july-12-a4096786.html?amp

Basically, we play all our games there unless Scotland qualify in which case there is a chance we may face them at Hampden.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
"If Scotland qualify" :lolol:

Well, yes, I realise that ordinarily the concept would be hilariously fanciful at best. However, I am equally conscious that when they fail to qualify through the usual route they have the safety net of the play-offs by virtue of winning their Nations League group. Their opponents in the first round would be Finland or Israel, followed most likely by one of Norway or Serbia in two single leg ties.

The jocks look to have improved a bit under Steve Clark, and it would be typical if the fúckers qualified for a major tournament for the first time in 22 years in order to rob me of seeing England at Wembley. I’d like to think that Serbia would have enough in the tank to beat them; the others I don’t trust so much.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Well, yes, I realise that ordinarily the concept would be hilariously fanciful at best. However, I am equally conscious that when they fail to qualify through the usual route they have the safety net of the play-offs by virtue of winning their Nations League group. Their opponents in the first round would be Finland or Israel, followed most likely by one of Norway or Serbia in two single leg ties.

The jocks look to have improved a bit under Steve Clark, and it would be typical if the fúckers qualified for a major tournament for the first time in 22 years in order to rob me of seeing England at Wembley. I’d like to think that Serbia would have enough in the tank to beat them; the others I don’t trust so much.

I wouldn't get too concerned. It's Scotland.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
However, it is a sad indictment of FIFA/UEFA ruining once great competitions to earn more cash that "teams like Scotland" have a chance of qualifying despite being completely shithouse.

I used to enjoy the Euros more than the World Cup in some ways as there were no shit teams and it was like sudden death from the start.

Now you can win it by being "not completely rubbish" and drawing a few games in the group stage (Portugal).

Completely spoiled.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
However, it is a sad indictment of FIFA/UEFA ruining once great competitions to earn more cash that "teams like Scotland" have a chance of qualifying despite being completely shithouse.

I used to enjoy the Euros more than the World Cup in some ways as there were no shit teams and it was like sudden death from the start.

Now you can win it by being "not completely rubbish" and drawing a few games in the group stage (Portugal).

Completely spoiled.

Agree with that. The 24 teams ruined the final group games with teams who would have had to attack parking the bus for a draw giving us a boat load of snooze fests. This was as well as introducing a load of one sided games in the last 16 like Germany v Slovakia, Belgium v Hungary and er England v Iceland.

16 was much better. Still, I'm still going. No wonder UEFA and FIFA do what they like.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Only eight teams as 'recently' as 1992 - and one of them was Scotland. How times change.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Tickets which were ordered but not paid for in time are currently being resold on the Euro 2020 portal - by invitation only. Check your inbox.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
This should take you to the ticketing site.

It's as badly designed as you'd expect - the queue says "remaining time is displayed below" while just showing a massive bar without any actual timings

I'm getting the same thing if that makes you feel any better :lolol:

Screen Shot 2019-08-22 at 08.32.20.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here