Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] UEFA clear Albion (and USG) to play in Europa League

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Presumably means a Brighton player can't be part of a USG squad and vice versa without the the usual sale/loan processes in the appropriate windows.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
The joint scouting / share of knowledge thing is the one thing that I find most puzzling… surely the Red Bull clubs are doing that already?
So why should it be different for us?

As we use Stat Lizard for the data I’m assuming one way round is for both to use the data they supply and each club processes it in their ‘own’ way?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
You’d assume that’s fine seeing as we’d already purchased him and it was just a loan to USG
It depends on the free holiday on my private island arrangements with Euefa officials presumably, or something like that

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The joint scouting / share of knowledge thing is the one thing that I find most puzzling… surely the Red Bull clubs are doing that already?
So why should it be different for us?
I don't know but I would assume there's something similar to the "creative accounting" we see at certain football clubs which get them around FFP regulations and the like, there'll be plenty of loopholes

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
Bloom has also reduced his stake in USG

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I'm going to put my hand up and say that I am slightly uneasy at the idea of an individual, any individual, owning/having major interest in more than one club.

Just doesn't sit right with me.
I know what you mean, it gets quite murky when you consider how transfer/loan fees are agreed. Even more so if the two teams could play against each other

Would be quite difficult to change though. E.g. is it any worse that TB owns a club in the English and Belgian leagues, that usually have very little to do with each other, compared to Barcelona (and other Spanish clubs) having B teams in the same national league pyramid.

I'm confident that TB does everything within rules, but you can't deny that Brighton have benefitted from the relationship with USG.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Bloom has also reduced his stake in USG

Just as I predicted here - Muzio becomes the majority shareholder

I know what you mean, it gets quite murky when you consider how transfer/loan fees are agreed. Even more so if the two teams could play against each other

Would be quite difficult to change though. E.g. is it any worse that TB owns a club in the English and Belgian leagues, that usually have very little to do with each other, compared to Barcelona (and other Spanish clubs) having B teams in the same national league pyramid.

I'm confident that TB does everything within rules, but you can't deny that Brighton have benefitted from the relationship with USG.

It’s a bit different in Spain as the B teams are prevented from being promoted to the same division as their A team, and in the event the A team is relegated then the B team would also be relegated if required to avoid them being in the same division. The B teams are also prevented from entering the Copa Del Ray as well.

Both clubs have clearly benefited from the relationship. Mitoma and Adingra were key to the success USG have had over the last 2 seasons and we've been able to use the relationship to our advantage to get them the required points for a work permit.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Would imagine this has meant a few changes to the loans out plan. Shame because it benefitted both sides

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
I wonder if the not being able to transfer players is just for seasons we're in the same competitions or indefinite.

If it's indefinite, then it will be interesting to see if Bloom sticks with USG or exits, especially as the post-Brexit transfer rules are going to be relaxed here.
It’s just for seasons where we are both in a UEFA competition.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
What with this and the restrictions on developing USGs ground, It looks like now might be a good time to sell up and buy an Argentinian or Brazilian club.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I don't see how it will bring any changes to our loans out planning. USG have a squad that is playing Europa League football and compete in a domestic league that is not as physical as the Premier League. Many clubs have good relationships with others and the football industry is full of links. USG is a viable club to send some of our players to as are the other clubs in the Belgium league who have had Caicedo, Scherpen, Tousongi, Alzate and such an opportunity for development is crucial. We will have to ensure that we meet the same level of documentation when setting up a loan to USG as with all these other loans. A simple message of if you are two seperate clubs then the documentation will all be in order

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here