Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] UEFA charge Roma

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Kindly be informed that proceedings have been opened against AS Roma with the following charges:
  • Blocking of public passageways - Art. 38 SSR
  • Throwing of objects - Art. 16(2)(b) DR
  • Lighting of fireworks - Art. 16(2)(c) DR
  • Provocative message of an offensive and political nature - Art. 16(2)(e) DR

The UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body will take a decision on this case in due course.

UEFA Media & Public Relations
UEFA
Route de Genève 46
Oh, they're not doing them for the queen stuff?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
It shouldn't need that though, should it?

And the stewarding numbers told a very clear tale as to who they were focused on.

There was a solid line of stewards from top to bottom on our right, probably 60-70 or so in total. On the Roma side of the barrier there was a single solitary steward.
if you ever get the time or inclination go and watch a game in Morocco .....stewards...
:lolol:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Whilst I agree with you on a practical, logical point of you, despite the content, it was really nice to not have to watch the Albion through a net in Europe.
In Marseille, they did put nets across front of section too which did obscure view, but down the away section in Roma was a narrowing wedge shape snd just down sides only may not have affected to much the match view, while limiting ability to lob stuff at our fans?

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I've taken it to mean the beer sellers blocking the stairs and the stewards and police lining us up on the stairs and concourse instead of holding us either on the flat road or in our seats.
Good point, didn't think of the beer sellers, who were mostly fine, but really unnecessary during the match. Thankfully, I didn't bother leaving my seat until it was all flowing so missed the lining up. I did wonder looking down what on earth you were supposed to do if you really needed a piss.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
It shouldn't need that though, should it?

And the stewarding numbers told a very clear tale as to who they were focused on.

There was a solid line of stewards from top to bottom on our right, probably 60-70 or so in total. On the Roma side of the barrier there was a single solitary steward.
Don't disagree about the poor stewarding and security.

Think I was frisked 3 separate times on way in, including one time by what looked like riot police and had tickets/ID checked twice.

Total overkill and lack of knowlege as our fans are just not like that in the main.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I've taken it to mean the beer sellers blocking the stairs and the stewards and police lining us up on the stairs and concourse instead of holding us either on the flat road or in our seats.
I thought it meant at the end when we held an hour and everyone decided it would be a good idea to queue in the stairwells (no doubt after Marseille bus fiasco) but thus blocking exits or any chance of getting to/from the loos?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I thought it meant at the end when we held an hour and everyone decided it would be a good idea to queue in the stairwells (no doubt after Marseille bus fiasco) but thus blocking exits or any chance of getting to/from the loos?
That's what the second part of my post was referring to.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Good point, didn't think of the beer sellers, who were mostly fine, but really unnecessary during the match. Thankfully, I didn't bother leaving my seat until it was all flowing so missed the lining up. I did wonder looking down what on earth you were supposed to do if you really needed a piss.
Likewise stayed in seat until moving, but in answer to your question!

We were about half way up just to left of stairwell and in that hour, we could see a fella right at the very top and middle of our away section, facing the back wall head forward, clearly pissing against the wall.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I maybe wrong
I'm a bit disappointed the Queen Gives Blow Jobs banner has been reported. I rather liked that.
I thought Barber alluded to another banner held up by one person (he said THE person holding it not a row) when interviewed on TalkSport

Last edited:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I maybe wrong but I thought the offensive

I thought Barber alluded to another banner held up by one person (he said THE person holding it not a row) when interviewed on TalkSport
He also said "homophobic' and I'm not sure how the Queen banner could be classed as that, so Id guess your "other" banner assumption is correct?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
No mention of the completely over the top searches on entry - including very intrusive searches of individuals with medical conditions.

F**king disgraceful.

One rule for them, one for us.

Italian Police are absolute chicken s**t w**kers.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
1000009183.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here