Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] UEFA charge Roma

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Kindly be informed that proceedings have been opened against AS Roma with the following charges:
  • Blocking of public passageways - Art. 38 SSR
  • Throwing of objects - Art. 16(2)(b) DR
  • Lighting of fireworks - Art. 16(2)(c) DR
  • Provocative message of an offensive and political nature - Art. 16(2)(e) DR

The UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body will take a decision on this case in due course.

UEFA Media & Public Relations
UEFA
Route de Genève 46
Well, that’s funny because some on here were ok with some of those offences in a football stadium, or said Roma weren’t responsible. I guess by UEFA charging Roma, it simply underlines what complete bollocks certain posters on here were saying last week...

Guilty as charged.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Is it though? I think I know which banner this is referring to. On the basis of being provocative and offensive can you imagine how it must feel if opposition fans displayed banners mocking the Munich tragedy to Man Utd fans, or Hillsborough to Liverpool fans. Closer to home, anyone deciding to insult our fans by showing a banner referring to the Shoreham air crash.

Having said that nothing comes close in abomination than the Ipswich banner being unfurled regarding our financial well being a few seasons ago. :lolol:
But it did not refer to Munich, Hillsborough or Shoreham, so what was the problem with this banner exactly? Other than some people CHOOSING to be offended in case someone did put a really distasteful message up?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here