Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

U23s with Solly Match live on Player tonight

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Scored 5 goals so far according to Transfermarket but some sites say he is a centre forward and some say a winger. He is still only 19 so time to develop from Non League to our standard.

He has scored 5 in the (National) League and scored a sixth in the FA Cup on Saturday.

Seagull2016

Oct 15, 2016
Why was Rohan Ince not playing? Back in first squad because of Kayal injury? What is your opinion about him? Pro's / cons.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Why was Rohan Ince not playing? Back in first squad because of Kayal injury? What is your opinion about him? Pro's / cons.

Because he's not under 23?

You first tell us your story - new account, first two posts, in separate threads, asking for people's opinions on Rohan Ince. What's that about, then??

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat

Well it's like this Rohan , you have without doubt ability , the first time i watched you play i thought , kinel this lad is going to be special , i don't know why you have stopped improving , i can't believe you have already hit your ceiling so knuckle down and grasp this god given opportunity with both feet and do some damage out on the pitch .

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would have said it was because he wasnt good enough for U23s but then I am biased. I think he is good prospect who has not knuckled down and applied himself when given the opportunity which is possibly what Chelsea thought when they released him. He has many things in his favour size, strength and as he has shown very occasionally some skill on the ball but just doesnt apply this enough to make him a serious contender for a place in the team.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Any news re. Solly March...?

Potentially massive for us. Hope he came through OK and maybe showed some glimpses of previous form.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
He was on the bench for the first team on Saturday, so may be on the bench tonight.

This is the most likely option, but the views expressed about Ince's lack of development are justifiable unless the performances under Oscar were just him out-performing his ability. I loved him back then, but have reluctantly come to the view that we should probably sell him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This is the most likely option, but the views expressed about Ince's lack of development are justifiable unless the performances under Oscar were just him out-performing his ability. I loved him back then, but have reluctantly come to the view that we should probably sell him.[/QUOTE]

That would possibly be best for his future career as a footballer and he would probably be a reasonable Div 1 or 2 player for some years to come,but sadly not Championship.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
CO05GiC.gif

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Any news re. Solly March...?

Potentially massive for us. Hope he came through OK and maybe showed some glimpses of previous form.

From the Argus article today, March got through 61 minutes in a goalless stalemate against Blackburn which featured few chances for either side. He is expected to have another outing in the under-23s at Stoke on Saturday (2pm

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
That would possibly be best for his future career as a footballer and he would probably be a reasonable Div 1 or 2 player for some years to come,but sadly not Championship.
Really? You should have said something before.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Tilley scored a hat-trick in the U-23 Premier League Cup two weeks ago. In his case, I would think it's more a case of rotation to get everyone a game. Harper has been a sub for 7 of the last 8 matches though; just doesn't seem to be working out for him.

I have to disagree with you there, it is becoming obvious to me that Tilley has indeed slipped down the pecking order, I have noticed that he hasnt started much, rotation at this level is usually confined to those players that are having similar problems to convince the coaching staff that they should be selected ahead of others.

You will see that the players that the Academy management rate the highest at anyone time will play and be selected, it can change of course and perhaps Tilley has a longer contract than others as he penned it when his stock was high, so I wish him well, but I doubt that there is a cunning plan to hold him back whilst allowing others to perform in his place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here